Default CSS Casanova Dress Code

My husband and I will be staying for the first time at CSS in December. The dress code for the Casanova says semi-formal, and defines that for men as pants and long sleeve collared shirts. However, the pictures show men wearing suits with coats. My husband has a very nice pair of wheat colored linen pants and a long sleeve collared white linen shirt. Is this going to be nice enough for this restaurant, or will he need a suit?

Angie

That should work fine. As long as it is long pants, and not jeans, and a collared shirt you should be fine. They also need closed toe shoes for Men. Women can wear dressy sandals-no flip flops (Unless dressy).
    Linda

I don't think it says long sleeves, it is Jamaica after all.The only time my hubby wore a suit was for the wedding.The outfit you mentioned sounds fine but a short sleeved collared shirt would work and closed toe shoes.Have fun.

Casanova used to require jackets until a couple of years ago. When we were there in January, Bob wore slacks, closed toe shoes, and a dress shirt. I'm sure a linen collared shirt would be fine. I think even a polo shirt would work, especially during the summer months. I don't think there is a prohibition against shirt sleeved collared shirts. But he will need closed toed shoes.

No long sleeves!! Just a collared shirt, and nice pants. Dockers or khakis will do just fine. Have fun!!!

Ristorante Casanova
    Required
    •Ladies Dress Code: "Semi-Formal"
    •Gentlemen Dress Code: Collar shirt, pants, dress/closed shoes
    •Jeans, flip flops, shorts, t-shirts and open toe shoes will not be accepted

The shirt for men does not have to be long sleeved, just has to have a collar. A polo shirt or a "hawaiian" style shirt will work just fine. He definitely won't need a suit. CSS used to have a "jackets required" dress code but that has since been done away with.

Here is a picture of what hubby and I wore to Casanova when we were at CSS.
    Last edited by Amy; August 5th, 2009 at 09:39 AM.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

are polo shirts acceptable at CSS restaurants, or is it shirts only?

Quote Originally Posted by mabr kamo View Post
    are polo shirts acceptable at CSS restaurants, or is it shirts only?
    Polo shirts are fine at all of the restaurants, including the one with the "Collar required" dress code.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015