Default Shuttles and Golf

New to Couples and traveling to Tower Isle for our belated honeymoon/first anniversary...arriving October 4th. My husband and I are so excited!!! As we are coming into the home stretch before our departure, a few questions remain!

First, how often do the shuttles depart to and from the resort? I'm not too concerned about our arrival, as we land in Montego Bay at 11:40am local. Perfect! Love my dad SO much for this amazing wedding gift, but he booked our flights for us and, bless him, booked it for a 7am departure! AH! With the resort being quite a distance from Montego Bay, I'm concerned about the shuttle situation. Will there be a shuttle to take us that early, or will we have to hire a private car to take us?

Our other question is from my husband...wants to play some golf but doesn't want to take his clubs. I saw somewhere that you can rent them from the golf shop but he is curious as to whether they offer clubs with different flexes? For his drivers he prefers stiff shafts and wants to know if these options are available with the rental clubs.

Any help you all can give is greatly appreciated!!! We have 8 days! Definitely doing the single digit dance out here on the west coast! But from our air-conditioned living room, as its 100F out! AH! Dreaming of cool breezes, and drinks, by the sea!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirknjules View Post
    New to Couples and traveling to Tower Isle for our belated honeymoon/first anniversary...arriving October 4th. My husband and I are so excited!!! As we are coming into the home stretch before our departure, a few questions remain!

First, how often do the shuttles depart to and from the resort? I'm not too concerned about our arrival, as we land in Montego Bay at 11:40am local. Perfect! Love my dad SO much for this amazing wedding gift, but he booked our flights for us and, bless him, booked it for a 7am departure! AH! With the resort being quite a distance from Montego Bay, I'm concerned about the shuttle situation. Will there be a shuttle to take us that early, or will we have to hire a private car to take us?

Our other question is from my husband...wants to play some golf but doesn't want to take his clubs. I saw somewhere that you can rent them from the golf shop but he is curious as to whether they offer clubs with different flexes? For his drivers he prefers stiff shafts and wants to know if these options are available with the rental clubs.

Any help you all can give is greatly appreciated!!! We have 8 days! Definitely doing the single digit dance out here on the west coast! But from our air-conditioned living room, as its 100F out! AH! Dreaming of cool breezes, and drinks, by the sea!!!
    The shuttle runs 24/7. It does not matter what time you arrive,theere will be shuttle available for you. We never waited more then 10 or 15 minutes to depart

As far as the golf club question, if you hubby is that good and serious of a golfer he should bring his clubs. When you rent you are never sure of what type or quality of clubs you will get

The shuttle will take you no matter what time you arrive no worries there... as far as renting clubs I am pretty sure they rent Nike clubs and you can even rent shoes.... not sure if you can pick the flex or not... pretty much every driver has a standard of a stiff flex on it...

We are going to be at CSS in 2 weeks and I plan on playing golf a couple times. I scoured the message boards back when I booked to find info on the golfing and I decided I will just rent clubs there. I think it was 40 bucks to rent them...and from what I read back then, they were decent enough clubs. I figured it was worth 40 bucks not to lug around my clubs...besides....some airlines charge that much for bags.

As for the course itself...I remember finding pictures of it somewhere, and the reviews of it were so-so. Nobody said it was a top of the line course... but they all said it is good enough and that the caddys are very knowledgable

We have played the course numerous times and it is very nice. Can't help you with the club issue, we always bring our own. If you have the chance, ask for Marvin to caddy for you, his nickname is Wingy and he is wonderful. A 2 handicap himself and reads a putt like no one else!

We golfed last October, I believe that the clubs were either Calloway or Taylor Made. I wouldn't go to the bother of bringing my own, but to each their own

Good fun. Not sure if you know, but although golf is included, you still have to rent the clubs, rent the power cart and pay for a caddie.

Still fun, and the Sandals course that Couples uses isn't too bad!

Enjoy!

Thank you all so much for your replies!

Dirk has a very fast, hard swing and plays with stiff shafted drivers. honestly don't know much about it except for what he's asked me to post here! he didn't want to take his own clubs as we are traveling from California...so super long flight and a layover...which equals too much anxiety that they get lost or damaged! I've seen info about renting clubs but didn't know much about the options. he should be just fine!!! now he just needs a buddy to play with (I'm a terrible golfer!) so if any of y'all are at CTI 10/4-10/10 and plan on golfing and need a partner, find Dirk!

Thank you for reassuring me about my fears of the shuttle! I can't believe our departure is so early, but oh well! after a week in paradise I'm sure it'll be hard to leave no matter the time!

6 days!!!!!

Jules and Dirk