Thread: Bug Bites

Default Bug Bites

I am going to CSA in two weeks and was wondering if there were any time of mosquitos or any other type of biting bugs that I should bring bug spray for?? I know this sounds like a silly question but I was just wondering, I try to be prepared for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by ajbounds View Post
    I am going to CSA in two weeks and was wondering if there were any time of mosquitoes or any other type of biting bugs that I should bring bug spray for?? I know this sounds like a silly question but I was just wondering, I try to be prepared for everything.
    ....Bring sprays, good sprays!! There are several threads on this subject. Check the "Search" tab. More of a concern are the "Sand Fleas"

Yes.. your on a tropical island so there will be some bugs. In the evening there will be sand fleas. Use your spray or avoid the beach at that time. Some people are not bothered by them. So if you are sensitive those are my suggestions. There may also be ants. Just don't leave any food out in your room. Other than that there may be a lizard here or there. We had one in our room while we were there but he just became part of the family.. LOL

we will be at csa for our first time in about two weeks as well. we are bringing bug spray just in case.

Definitely bring Off, or other DEET insect repellant. The little buggers love me, and basically leave Bob alone. Besides the mosquitos, the sand flies at dusk can be brutal (again, they never bother Bob, just me).

We go in October of every year and during the day there are no issues, but we do use it in the evenings as there does seem to be something that loves to bite my husband at night when we go out for dinner and our evening walk.

Default BugBites

I get the worst bites from sand flees when I am there.. I am bringing something with me this year for sure... I bought skin so soft from Avon they now have suntan lotion and bug repellent. If you can get it in time I would suggest you bring it...