Default Pros/Cons of Paying for Private Reception

Hello past and future brides! I'm still trying to decide whether or not paying extra for a private reception would be worth the extra money. It's hard because it is an all-inclusive resort. I have heard from people that they didn't regret it at all. It is worth it because look at what you would be paying at home compared to at the resort.

What are the pros and cons for all you past brides out there?

I guess for me I just think being dressed up and having a gown on along with guests being dressed up that it would seem more approiate, however, saving money is a plus but I would love to see more pictures of those who were able to have a private reception, anyone??

I really couldn't see spending the money so we did our vow renewal at CSS and used the spectacular friday night Starlight Gala as our reception and it worked out perfectly. They reserved a table of our choice for our party of six. A.J. Brown was the performer that night and he's my favorite I'd hadn't seen since at COR 3 years before. It was like they ordered him especially for me. Everything I wanted CSS seemed to magically know it was a little spooky. Everything was perfect and no extra cost.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

It's an all inclusive resort...I couldnt see spending money on food and drinks, when you can just book a dinner at the restraunt ans eat/drink for free

Ms. Wed-Ting Guest

Hi Dani2142,
    The private dinner reception is a time to be with just your guests with the other resort guests. This is a great time to make toast and speeches that you wouldn't be able to do in the restaurant. With a private dinner you can linger with your guests a little longer than in the restaurant as well. The dinner is a buffet style and if a guests wants seconds then they can go back for more food. After the dinner you can have dancing with a Dj or music and take your wedding reception into the night. Brides are welcome to decorate the tables and make it very personal as well. What better way to spend time with your friends and loved one than on a beach in Jamaica with a beautiful setting, tiki torches, candles, great food, the moon and the sound of the ocean.
    The only "con" would be if this is not in your budget. But, if you can afford it, you won't regret it. I have heard from countless brides that wouldn't have done it any other way as well. Let me know if you would like to schedule the private dinner or any other event and I'll be happy to help with your wedding plans.