Thread: weather

Default weather

We are coming next week what is the weather looking like with the tropical depressions out there

I am curious also because I just saw on the news that there is a lot of flooding in Jamaica with the storm.

Default weather reply

It's not looking to good.
    http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atl...icsatellite_la
    rge.html

bring a deck of cards.

keep in mind just because there are depressions out there this week doesn"t mean they will be there next week, they do go pretty quick sometimes!

that link won;t connect anyone else got any answers

You can go to www.weather.com and type Montego Bay into the search box and it will give the forcast and satellite images for Jamaica. Looks like more rain headed that way.

Quote Originally Posted by farmkid82 View Post
    We are coming next week what is the weather looking like with the tropical depressions out there
    .........Same here. The Linc below is pretty good for forecast, and even by the hour. Right now, it's set for Montego Bay;

http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/78388.html

Yes, the weather looks brighter for next week! Be there Thursday, and wedding on Saturday!!! Cross your fingers for the weather next week!!!

Default weather

was looking for info on storms heard there was lots of flooding is there much damage

I was scheduled to be there tomorrow (couples negril) and used the trip insurance to cancel. We are so sad to miss the anniversary party but didn't want to spend the week dodging storms and not being able to enjoy ourselves. still so bummed...

Default Live @ CN

Ok,
    Got here yesterday-
    *airport was very quiet- we were kinda surprised

*there is some flood damage on the road to Negril- ride took about an extra 15 minutes- lots of workers on the roads

*was really cloudy when we got here but I still got some color

*waves were pretty big- (actually never seen them this big here)

* some beach erosion but very much still intact

* resort is kind of quiet but nice

* some worse issues in the negril direction- staff haveing issues getting to work.

* have been told the road to the golf course is flooded- might want to call ahead and make sure you can get there this week or save you baggage fee

Sunday Morning- sun is out- gonna be a nice one

P.S.- weather calls for rain every day- but it always does so no worries

Hope this helps
    Dave & Beth Hay

We left tuesday 11:00am after a perfect honeymoon...it was starting to get bad!! Can anyone report on resort damage..or how everyone weathered the storm??

Quote Originally Posted by gdstravel View Post
    Yes, the weather looks brighter for next week! Be there Thursday, and wedding on Saturday!!! Cross your fingers for the weather next week!!!
    ....Fingers crossed for you. Remember; No rain, no rainbows!! The night before my daughter was married at CN last year, big storm. But cleared up as the day went along. And she had a beautiful rainbow just before the wedding. We get in the day of your wedding. Enjoy the time.

We are supposed to be there next week too!! Oct 10-15 (CTI). We are super excited. We are first timers, and will be on our honeymoon. It looks like its supposed to rain every single day (60%-80%). I hope its not a complete wash out!!!