Thread: Scuba diving

Default Scuba diving

Can anyone tell me about the "resort" scuba dive?

at css the resort dive consisted of a video you had to watch and then a quiz you had to take, after that you worked on some skills in pool and then we went out for an approximately 30 minute dive.

I did the resort scuba dive at CSS. It is similar to resort dives at other places in the Caribbean. You also have to answer a health questionnaire, and if you answer yes to anything, a doctor has to check you out prior to the dive (hint, hint).

Beside the video and the quiz, you have to pass a swimming test. At CSS, it was 2 entire laps of the swim-up bar pool, any stroke of your choosing. At CSA, you swim the laps at the pool near The Palms, 8 laps, and it must be freestyle.

If you are at all claustrophic, it will take a bit to get used to breathing underwater and you must be able to clear your mask of water. Also, the weight belts are very heavy, so if you have any knee or back issues, you need to keep that in mind.

I loved the resort dive. It was a great inclusive. Allot the entire morning for the experience. Also, don't eat a heavy breakfast (and no bubbly) before your dive.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarmanpa View Post
    at css the resort dive consisted of a video you had to watch and then a quiz you had to take, after that you worked on some skills in pool and then we went out for an approximately 30 minute dive.
    Same at CSA. There is also a swim test which was 3 laps in the pool by the Palms. They said 6 laps but then said a lap was just one length. Of course a lap is technically 2 lengths of the pool. Some other people said they had to do 8 "laps" (lengths) the previous day so it seems to vary depending on who the instructor is that day.

Quote Originally Posted by melody View Post
    Same at CSA. There is also a swim test which was 3 laps in the pool by the Palms. They said 6 laps but then said a lap was just one length. Of course a lap is technically 2 lengths of the pool. Some other people said they had to do 8 "laps" (lengths) the previous day so it seems to vary depending on who the instructor is that day.
    I forgot about the swim test. thanks for adding that.