Default Rain in the forecast!!!

I will be traveling to Jamaica for the first time next week and the 10 day forecast says rain and tstorms throughout EVERY SINGLE DAY we will be there!!

Have yet to see a forecast that doesn't call for some kind of liquid sunshine. Most likely rain will only last a few minutes in the afternoon.

Tee, have a look at this web sight, it's usually pretty good. http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo_atl.shtml

"Thats not rain. It's just a little moisture".... This was a comment from one of the CSA water sports staff members.

It always rains in Jamaica. Not a problem.

Life is good

No problems. If it does rain, it''s just a little afternoon deal, which is actually refreshing. It may not even rain at all. You can check wunderground.com, accuweather.com, stormcarib.com, weather.com, and the noaa website mentioned above. You will see varying reports.

The summer forecasts for Jamaica pretty much have rain in it everyday, just covering their a--es!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by teewhitty View Post
    I will be traveling to Jamaica for the first time next week and the 10 day forecast says rain and tstorms throughout EVERY SINGLE DAY we will be there!!
    Welcome to the tropics! DO NOT FREAK OUT!

You are in a tropical zone during hurricane season. It will rain. However unless you have a TD or hurricane bearing down on Jamaica, you shouldn't have prolonged rain.

Because of where Negril is on the island, it's conducive to daily storms with the way air has to move over the island / terrain. It starts low on the east side of the island and has to move over high elevation that helps cause afternoon thunder storms.

Most likely you'll have 30 / 45 minutes of rain in the afternoon each day. And depending on the days, you can get some shots like this.....

To go with my response.... you'll see some of this while you're there...and it looks really cool.http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5270/5...470a3852_z.jpg

We were at CTI for our honeymoon June 20th through the 25th; I looked at all the sites and showers were forecasted for every day. We were so lucky that it did not rain a single day during our stay. There were clouds one or two days but never any rain and we were so grateful.