Default CSS - could someone explain Blocks?

We have reserved a Beachfront One bedroom Suite at CSS for February. It will be our first vacation at this resort,although we've been to other Couples locations. When I view the maps and panoramic views' I don't see anything about Blocks. Yet I often see posts here referring to different 'blocks' and I was wondering what block we'll be in, where I can view Blocks, or what difference it makes.

Can anyone comment on the Beachfront one bedroom suite? Is it a good choice?

Thanks for any input.

http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z...ss_beachfront/ this is from our one bedroom beachfront suite at css. It was amazing. The blocks are the different buildings on the property. we were in b block and my choice from now one is between a and b. very close to everything

BF is A or B block.
    I prefer penthouse b/c I like the bigger balcony.

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

The One bedroom beachfront suites are in Blocks A & B. Which are the Azala and Begonia bocks. C block is the Carnation Block, D is the Dalhia, E is Evergreen, F is Fragapani and G is Gardinia
    The hotel has a total of 150 rooms of which 72 are in the category you are staying
    You are on beach and main pool level,but you are not beach front. There are many buildings and trees between you and the beach. Also most rooms have a limited view because of the above
    Are the rooms really nice? Yes they are really nice and well worth it. Make sure you take walks behind the rooms and walk around the pond.

Each building is a "block" starting with A at the bottom of the hill, closest to the beach and moving up the hill to "G" just above the lobby. The last building is Hibiscus (H)Cottage at the very top of the resort. All of the buildings have names (flowers)that start with the letters referred to in the "block" reference but I've never heard anybody use the names except for Hibiscus Cottage.

Beachfront One Bedroom Suites are in Blocks A & B. They are the buildings closet to the main beach.

'Blocks' refers to the building you will be staying in. Block A, Block B, Block C, Block D, etc.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    Beachfront One Bedroom Suites are in Blocks A & B. They are the buildings closet to the main beach.

'Blocks' refers to the building you will be staying in. Block A, Block B, Block C, Block D, etc.
    ....Did not know that. We have a Beachfront Suite. So, should be in good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarmanpa View Post
    http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z...ss_beachfront/ this is from our one bedroom beachfront suite at css. It was amazing. The blocks are the different buildings on the property. we were in b block and my choice from now one is between a and b. very close to everything

Thanks for sharing Curious? does the window in the sitting room have a screen? Do you have any pictures showing the outside of your suite?

Quote Originally Posted by Sue_&_Mike View Post
    Thanks for sharing Curious? does the window in the sitting room have a screen? Do you have any pictures showing the outside of your suite?
    the window in the sitting room doesn't have a screen, we had it open all the time except for when we were sleeping as storms had a tendency to roll in during the night. There was never a problem with bugs or animals in the room.

this is a picture of our room from the beachbar. second from the right on the top floor

I can't seem to find if i have any of the actual balcony, but I think i'm missing a few pictures so i'll dump my memory cards later and see what i can find.

Thanks to everyone for you quick responses. Very much appreciated. Thanks, too, for the pictures. We're looking forward to February!

Quote Originally Posted by cigarmanpa View Post
    the window in the sitting room doesn't have a screen, we had it open all the time except for when we were sleeping as storms had a tendency to roll in during the night. There was never a problem with bugs or animals in the room.

this is a picture of our room from the beachbar. second from the right on the top floor

I can't seem to find if i have any of the actual balcony, but I think i'm missing a few pictures so i'll dump my memory cards later and see what i can find.

That's great! thanks so much for the info and pic We're just trying to get as much info as we can on all the properties so we can finally decide which to go to. Little things like this help.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue_&_Mike View Post
    That's great! thanks so much for the info and pic We're just trying to get as much info as we can on all the properties so we can finally decide which to go to. Little things like this help.
    our room is actually the second from the left. I, apparently can't tell my left from my right anymore

We were in D, and only about 8 rooms have beach views, but ours was one of them. I think we were 1 bedroom ocean view suite. I was really disappointed that F and G were closed (they are putting in new air conditioning), but D was just fine - we got the big shower I wanted, just not the big balcony. But we rarely were on the balcony anyway, so it wasn't a big deal. If in D, I recommend D19 (front), D18 (our suite, and right next to D19), D 22 (front) or D21 (right next to D21). D19 and D22 have bigger balconies because they are on the corners.

Here's the view from our room.

Indymommy

Indymommy

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Can anyone comment on the Beachfront one bedroom suite? Is it a good choice?

Thanks for any input.
    ....Good point. We are here, and still not sure!!Thought we were getting A or B Block, and got D.Seems, the higher the letter, the farther from the beach. Not disappointed with the room though,just more climbing back and forth. We have the ground floor of D, which is still higher than the 3rd floor of A-B.It would help if management would include which buildings a particular room might be in when making reservations.

If you go to the room descriptions on the "accommodations" section on the "Sans Souci" section of the web site, it gives a more detailed description of the room and tells you which "Block" it will be found. All Beachfront Suites are in A & B, Ocean Suites (those without balconies) are located in C and all the rest are located somewhere throughout D, E, & G (although I think some of the penthouses are located on the 3rd floor of C also). The description also tells you what floors they are on.
    Linda

Thanks for all your responses.

Lindad, I found the information you pointed me to. Thanks you for that. I'm sure it's easy to confuse accommodation names. Acranger (above) must be in an Ocean Suite, rather than a Beachfront Suite.

Thanks to everyone who posted pictures or picture links. They are a big help,too!

I'll be there this February also. I actually have requested the Beachfront One Bedroom. the last time I was at CSS i had the same room type and found that it was one of the more central choices for dining / beach / amenities. It was a great room, although we didn't spend too much time in the rooms other then resting and sleeping. We kept ourselves active outside most of the time.
    Jon & Heather
    May '05, Feb '11 - CSS

Making arrangements for February 2012!

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Thanks for all your responses.

Acranger (above) must be in an Ocean Suite, rather than a Beachfront Suite.
    ...Correct, as it turned out. Still, no disappointment with the room or view. We had a great time.

Glad you had such a good time. I think I could sleep under the kitchen floorboards and still have a wonderful time at CSA. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Lindad View Post
    If you go to the room descriptions on the "accommodations" section on the "Sans Souci" section of the web site, it gives a more detailed description of the room and tells you which "Block" it will be found.
    ....All the time I have been all over the entire (I thought) site, and never saw that. Thanks.

The question about blocks happens often. Even I who have been there forget which building is which block.

I was thinking that Sans Souci might be better off showing an Aerial view of the properties and then marking each building with the appropriate "Block Designation". Would be good for general knowledge when purchasing (accommodations Section) and as a map for the property.
    Jon & Heather
    May '05, Feb '11 - CSS

Making arrangements for February 2012!