Thread: Beach Condition

Default Beach Condition

I was wondering if anybody had some pics of the beach at CSA after Nicole. How bad is it???

I'd be intersted in pictures and comments from someone staying there too. I've heard there was erosion in the area where the dive boat was anchored. Not sure if this is just rumors.
    Glad to hear everyone there is okay and survived the storm. The staff must be really tired after working long days to ensure everyone's safety and comfort. Big up to all of them.

Or Couples Negril. Would be interested in seeing CN as well.. Thanks.

I was wondering the same thing. We will be there Wed and will post pics if nobody else had yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Buz View Post
    I was wondering if anybody had some pics of the beach at CSA after Nicole. How bad is it???
    ...The crew gets out every morning to do clean ups. How it looked a few days ago, will not be how it looks today.

Hi:
    I just read that the "S" resorts closed the Negril property due to no beach left and flooding of some of the rooms closest to the water. I would also be interested to see how the beach at CSA has fared.

the beach at CSA took a hard hit...every thing on the beach was closed,bars,food ,...left on 9/30

I received a message from someone staying at CSA during the thick of the storm that the beach was badly eroded (approx. 20 feet of beach lost). I do recognize that the beach recovers "quickly" naturally, and that workers have been dilegently working to get it back to normal, but I haven't been able to get a clear answer on what it's really like right now.

This traveler also said that as of Saturday when they left, none of the bars on the beach were open, Seagrapes was closeded, Patios still wasnt serving lunch or dinner, and they moved the cabana grill to Patios.

I called CSA yesterday (Sunday) and was assured everything was "back to normal" and all restaurants were open.

If anyone can confrim any of the above (Randy? Travelers?), it would be greatly appreciated. We are scheduled to check in tomorrow! Second time to Couples, 1st time to CSA - and booked there largely based on expectations for 7 mile beach and all the other amazing things we heard about CSA! Hoping we won't be disappointed.

Sandals Negril never had much of a beach to begin with. We run past it every morning on our a.m. beach run, and they have a skinny skinny little stretch of beach.

We have been at CSA during some of their WORST beach times. The beach stopped right at the path at some spots and it had a steep drop-off marked with yellow tape. There was still PLENTY of beach left for sunbathing and even then never felt crowded. And sure 'nuff, "the ocean, she takes and the ocean she gives back, mon."

On our next trip, the beach was full and lush and more beautiful than I have EVER seen it. I wouldn't worry too much about the beach at CSA. There's an AWFUL lot of it there.
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

Default info

Winterpeg, Can you tell me where you read about the other resort closing (S RESORT). I will be there on SAT. and stay for a week before I return home to CTI for 7 days. Thanks

We were at CSA today for trading places and went back to CN after two hours. The beach at CN is fine... CSA, they're fixing it. Bulldozers are being used to put the sand back on the beach. We were at CSA 3.5 years ago for our honeymoon and were sad to see the beach in this condition. A lot of people were at the pool and hardly anyone was at the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee View Post

We have been at CSA during some of their WORST beach times. The beach stopped right at the path at some spots and it had a steep drop-off marked with yellow tape. There was still PLENTY of beach left for sunbathing and even then never felt crowded. And sure 'nuff, "the ocean, she takes and the ocean she gives back, mon."
    Same here. We were there a few years ago and the beach was eroded back to the trees and path. There were cliffs roped off and roots totally exposed. You could see under the trees! We were so surprised to see how much beach there was in April this year! It was so far away from the trees. We get there on Wed so it will be interesting to see how much is gone compared to April.

Hi Popo,
    Check the Jamaica forums on Trip Advisor. There is something there about a guest getting moved from one S resort to another because of damage from the storm. That was last week so they may have reopened by now. Might be best to contact them directly for current information.
    Karon

Hi Guys:
    A friend of ours was staying at the "S" resort in Mobay up until today. They met people that had been transfered from the "S" Negril resort to the Mobay resort because of the flooding. You have to remember that the "S" resort in Negril has literally no beach to begin with, so this does not surprise us. We have stayed at CSA 3 times in the past 4 years and the beach is always different every time we visit. Last December, it was the widest ever!
    CSA, no matter what happens with the weather, will always have the best beach in Negril!
    Have a great day:

Quote Originally Posted by POPO View Post
    Winterpeg, Can you tell me where you read about the other resort closing (S RESORT). I will be there on SAT. and stay for a week before I return home to CTI for 7 days. Thanks
    I read about it in this thread on the Trip Advisor Negril forum.

We left last Saturday (October 2) and I could not believe how much work the staff had accomplished since the storm began. My husband was out their working with them the next day - cleaning the swim-up bar and taking down hammocks, etc. We have lots of pictures from the storm and aftermath that I hope to get posted soon.

I am still impressed that with conditions in the rest of the country, how gracefully the entire resort staff handled the situation. I never lacked for something to do, even if those activities were indoors.

Returned from couples negril on the 4th Oct and the beach was peerfect when we left.

There is a thread down a little titled: "Beaches at CNG & CSA after storm" that Randy posted some pictures on.
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Buz View Post
    ...Just got back from CSS. While at the airport in Jamaica, talked with a couple coming from CSA. They said the the beach was fantastic. The crew did a great job.

We just got back from CN and the beach was a bit of a mess when we arrived but was the beach we fell in love with by the time we left on Saturday. We went to CSA for a day and the beach was fantastic. We will go there next time for sure.

They are working on the beach everyday - cleaning and manicuring. It is non-intrusive and the majority of the beach is clean and beautiful.

[IMG]file://C:/temp/Jamaica/IMG_4465.JPG[/IMG]

Default Beach Image for Previous Posting

Name:  IMG_4465b.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  38.1 KB

We are at CSA now. The beach is clean and beautiful as others have said but according to staff much of it is gone. This is our first visit to Negril area so not sure what it looked like before, only going on their descriptions. The beach party tonight was held indoors as they said the beach just didn't have enough room. During the day it is not crowded, there is plenty of room for everyone to have a space for a chair without feeling like we are all packed in here. But storms are a part of life down here and it does appear the it has had an impact that won't be easy to repair for a long time. No worries though...if you are booked or are thinking of it go for it.