Thread: Sad...

Default Sad...

We just found out Carrie was let go from CN. We are so disappointed. Carrie was one of the special individuals that made CN so amazing!

We met Carrie on our honeymoon back in 2007. When we came back in October 2008 and November 2009, he remembered our names and gave us a HUGE hug welcoming us home! For us, it's was employees like Carrie that make Couples so special and why we come back every year! I know we don't know all the details of why Carrie was let go but he will be missed big time!

It's sad sometimes when we return each year to find that the employees we thought were so special were let go or moved on. When we return home again this November it just won't be the same without Carrie's smile and his amazing drinks at the pool bar.

Carrie, we will miss you and know you always have a special place in our hearts. One love from St. Louis!

Steve and Meghan

We also will miss him very much and hope all works out well for him.

We recently learned that Marlon has left CN and is working at another resort near Lucea. We'll miss him as well.

We just heard this as well- sad to see him go- he will be missed
    Dave & Beth Hay

I'm so sorry to hear also. We just got back from CN on 7/31/10, Marlon and Carrie were both working the week we were there. We've been to CN 3 times and have always enjoyed talking with Marlon and Carrie, they are both outstanding bartenders and we'll be missed by us as well.
    Irie ,
    (Ladydia) Dianna

CTI 2006, CSA 2007, CN 2008, CN 2009, CN 2010 twice
    CN 2012, CSS 2012, CN 2013

We also feel very bad about this. I didn't know Marlon was gone too. Will miss them both. Always received a warm "welcome home" from both of them.

Marlon too???

Quote Originally Posted by leoconnor View Post
    Marlon too???
    I was told this week that Marlon had resigned and had taken a position at a resort near Lucea.

We'll miss him but things do change, the staff have various things going on in their lives, and we're sure we'll still have a great time on our next trip.

Wow, what a shocker to hear about Carrie, and Marlon. They will both be missed dearly. It was always a warm welcome to hear them call us by name when we arrived. Wishing the best for the two of them. At least we still have Franklin and Camille to look forward to seeing next year.

We almost cancelled our vacation on hearing that Carrie was no longer there. From our first visit 5 years ago to now, he has become a part of our extended family. I truly hope that CN realizes what a loss this is to the resort. He will be truly missed by all. I would love to arrive in October and find that he's back with his great personality and charm. He was our first friend at CN and will always be special in our hearts. One love my friend....

Does anyone know if Patrick is still working? He handles the bags and has always been great to us. We will be there in November and hope that he is still there. If anyone knows, please let us know.
    Thanks,
    Tom and Teresa

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglife1023 View Post
    Does anyone know if Patrick is still working? He handles the bags and has always been great to us. We will be there in November and hope that he is still there. If anyone knows, please let us know.
    Thanks,
    Tom and Teresa
    Sorry, Patrick is gone since the end of 2009.

I read Carrie was no longer there, but Marlon too??!!! My hubby is going to be devastated!! Please keep Franklin and Tennyson...I cannot handle more change and will be there in January!!

Carrie and Marlon...thank you for always making us laugh and for your contagious smiles
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Hillystyles,

That's a nice photo of Marlon and Carrie. We're going to miss them at CN for sure. We have no reason to believe Tennyson or Franklin would leave. But have to admit to worrying about Tennyson sometimes as he and Lindon are the only 10 yr+ CN bartenders left and one just has to wonder if there will be an urge to move onto something different at some point.

Selfishly, we hope not as he is one of our favorite at CN. Please say hello in January!

PATRICK - When we returned to CN last Dec, he was gone. This was very upsetting to us. He was there every trip we made and always welcomed us. We really miss his smile, his greeting. He was so friendly and made you feel like you were family coming home. There are a lot of staff that are gone since we first starting going. Staff we came to love and looked forward to seeing. We are very excited to be returning to CN, but there is a space in our hearts that really miss the staff that are gone. I hope with new friendships we make, the staff will be able to stay and we can look forward to seeing them on return visits.

Franklin can NEVER leave!!! He's the face that greets us and lets us know we've finally arrived back home.

MnK... I agree, I can't wait to get back and see Franklin again. Only 17 days!
    Don & Denise