Default Can't be right.......can it?

I just got a quote from TimAir for a one way flight from CTI to Montego Bay in Nov. and they emailed me back saying it would be $466. I emailed them back and asked them if that was a typo, but I haven't heard back from them. Does that price sound right to anyone else on here? Thanks

It's not a typo. The flight from MoBay to Ocho Rios is twice as long/far as the flight from MoBay to Negril, so it's twice as expensive. We stayed at CTI in January and CN in March and September, and we always fly on TimAir, so I can confirm that the price is correct.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Yup, I got the same quote for Dec!

$466. per person roundtrip Mobay to Ocho Rios sounds correct.
    Take the free bus/van The road between Mobay and Ocho Rios is brand new and is just about a superhighway. The trip now takes just about 1 hour and 30 minutes
    Save your money and maybe stay an extra day if you can get the time off

When we first started flying with TimAir, during the late 1990's, it was around $200.00 one way from Montego to Ocho Rios. Over the years we continued to fly, but when it reached $350.00, we decided we had enough.
    Now it's a about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 on the bus. That too is a experience.

Richie

Default re: Can't be right ..... can it?

I just received my response from TimAir today quoting $108 per person inclusive of all fees and taxes and round trip is $210 per person. So I would say the quote you received was incorrect.

It's close to other prices I've read on here recently. That's for 2 ppl one way, with a slight increase since this past summer.

Yes it does. We paid close to that last year.
    Dorothy & James - Delaware

It is significantly more expensive to fly from MBJ to Ochi. Moreover, the airport in Ochi (Boscobel) is about 20 minutes away from the resort by car, so you really (really) aren't going to save any time using TimAir.

Save your TimAir trip for your return to either CSA or CN in Negril. You WILL be back.
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Seederpeople View Post
    I just received my response from TimAir today quoting $108 per person inclusive of all fees and taxes and round trip is $210 per person. So I would say the quote you received was incorrect.
    Seederpeople:

The quote you received is the pricing for the Montego Bay to Negril flights. Mistyshep4 is asking about the flights from Montego Bay to Boscobel/Ocho Rios. Your rates and their rates are both correct; just for different flights.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Thanks for clearing this up for me everyone. Looks like we won't be using TimAir.......I would rather spend that $466 toward another Couples vacation. I've already booked the Forever Yours Anniversary Package as a surprise for my husband (it'll be our 5 yr anniversary on the 5th) so no need to add the surprise of TimAir. Hopefully we'll get to meet some of you while we are there......27 days till we leave for the airport, 28 till we are sitting on the beach

Really? The ride to Ocho Rios is now less than 2 hours? I thought it was 3 hours....so to hear less than 2 is a real bonus.

There is no way I would pay for that when I can tip the bus driver $10 or $15 instead!!!! The bus ride was kind of interesting.

Indymommy