Default Weather problems??

I am freaking out. We are supposed to be honeymooning at CTI 10/10/10-10/15/10. It would be not only our first time to the resort, but also our first time in Jamaica I was soooo excited, until I saw the weather!! 60%-80% chance of rain or thunderstorms the whole time we are there. Are there any reassuring words out there or should we reconsider???

It DOES rain many days in Jamaica but most of the time it is a very short afternoon rain. Don't panic...things look better now and you will LOVE Couples. Go, enjoy and if it rains a little, find things to do ! Then make new friends.

Default Relax!

While October weather can be rainy since it is still hurricane season, rest assured that you will still be honeymooning in Jamaica! My hubs and I went this week last year and only had one day of "iffy" weather - while there was a storm brewing out at sea (we were at CSS)and snorkeling/dive trips were cancelled for much of the week, we enjoyed the down time! I'm sure there are plenty Couples lovers on this board who will tell you the same thing.

It's kind of like going to Florida - there is always a chance of showers but most times it rains then clears right up. When we were married @ CN 5/99, it rained EVERY afternoon for about 15 minutes then cleared right up. Most people didn't even get out of the pool/water when it rained because they knew it would clear right up.

Even if there is extended rain in your forecast - the weather people aren't always the most reliable ... especially a week in advance.

Relax - enjoy your wedding - enjoy your newly married-ness - and most of all, enjoy your Couples Honeymoon!

Cheers!
    Kristie & Tim
    CN '99,'04,'06,'07,'09
    COR '00
    CSS 10/5/09 - 10/10/09

Read through the message boards before you freak out. The weather always says that because there will most likely be a short afternoon shower every day. It is short lived and is actually a nice break to go back to the room and "take care of business" or a nice nap. Relax.

You should expect rain once a day in Jamaica this time of year, but the rain is usually short lived with showers lasting 30 min to an hour. That is why it always says 60% chance of rain in the forecast. Everyone says the rain is often a nice break from the heat. No worries mon.

A rainy day at Couples is STILL better than a sunny day anywhere else. We go every year (1st week in November) Typically, there will be sun AM and the clouds start rolling in sometime after lunch. Rain usually starts just in time for your afternoon "nap".Relax and enjoy, it's your honeymoon and you will love Couples.

Thanks for the info everyone - we are also honeymooning at CSA 10/11-10/16. We were worried about the weather as well.

mrs2cool is SO right. I would MUCH rather sit at CN in the rain, than sit here...a little rain is a good thing.....

Quote Originally Posted by Greg&Kelly View Post
    I am freaking out. We are supposed to be honeymooning at CTI 10/10/10-10/15/10. It would be not only our first time to the resort, but also our first time in Jamaica I was soooo excited, until I saw the weather!! 60%-80% chance of rain or thunderstorms the whole time we are there. Are there any reassuring words out there or should we reconsider???
    ...The forecast always calls for rain. That was the forecast when we were at CN last November. It rained once, Friday night. If it rains, it rains. We're leaving Saturday for CSS, we'll be dancing, rain or not!!

We just got back home last night after a 5 night stay at CSS. I also was worried about the weather. DONT WORRY. It rained a little the day we arrived. It rained again on Tuesday morning. It was early and lasted about 2 hours. Other than that weather was perfect. It rains mostly inland and not by the coast