Default Horseback question.....

Hi everyone! I'm leaving for CSA in just a few short weeks. I was wondering if anyone took part in any of the horseback riding excursions. And if so, what did you wear? Pants vs. shorts? Flip-flops vs. sneakers?
    Thanks!!

We went horseback riding at CTI. I can't imagine its much different. A longer pair of shorts or jeans will help with chaffing. Our trails were muddy, so I'd recommend sneakers too, not to mention its probably just safer.

Default response to horseback riding

The horses HATE going through the water, which is part of the horseback riding excursion. you ride on the beach and in the water. While you may enjoy the horses do not. Please reconsider paying for this excursion.

Quote Originally Posted by imabator View Post
    The horses HATE going through the water, which is part of the horseback riding excursion. you ride on the beach and in the water. While you may enjoy the horses do not. Please reconsider paying for this excursion.
    We did it and I said, "never again". Not only did the horses look weak and scared, but they all decided to poop at the sam time, in the ocean and it was floating everywhere. Totally disgusting.

imabator,

I'm just curious what it is that indicates to you that the horses hate the going through the water part of the ride. We have horses and we have a pond on our property and the horses spend time everyday in the pond, sometimes even up to their backs wading and playing with each other. Sometimes they get down and seem as though they are going to roll in the water, of course they don't because they can't do that and keep their noses above water. Point is, I don't think horses dislike water ours aren't the only ones I've seen act this way. I'm truly not trying to argue I'm honestly curious about what it is that you've observed that makes you feel they hate it in this situation.

Thanks for the tip imabator...maybe I'll choose the one where you don't take the horses in the water!

At CTI, isn't the horseback riding included in the amenities or is there a fee?? If so, what is the cost?

Quote Originally Posted by wed1031 View Post
    At CTI, isn't the horseback riding included in the amenities or is there a fee?? If so, what is the cost?
    Horseback riding in the trails on the plantation is included, you just need to bring a tip as its not run by the resort. It was a lot of fun and fairly educational.

There may be other horseback riding excursions which you can pay for at CTI, but we only did the one that was included.

Quote Originally Posted by sherrynchuck View Post
    imabator,

I'm just curious what it is that indicates to you that the horses hate the going through the water part of the ride. We have horses and we have a pond on our property and the horses spend time everyday in the pond, sometimes even up to their backs wading and playing with each other. Sometimes they get down and seem as though they are going to roll in the water, of course they don't because they can't do that and keep their noses above water. Point is, I don't think horses dislike water ours aren't the only ones I've seen act this way. I'm truly not trying to argue I'm honestly curious about what it is that you've observed that makes you feel they hate it in this situation.
    I'd like to know also.

How long is the horseback riding that is provided at CTI? I did see whenre they had someone rob the people on the trail. Thats scarey. Did that actually happen?