Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Couples Sans Souci - please tell me TA is wrong

We have been to CSA and loved it. We are going to CSS for the first time in Jan, and have also talked our best friends into going too. A recent review on TA speaks of the place as having rats in the parrot cage, and the grounds being dirty, beach dirty, not great treatment from all of the staff... This person has also been to CN and CSA and loved it, so this is a "Couples" person. I am really concerned about this review. Can someone who has been there recently address this? My husband has been saying he wanted to go back to CSA and why are we trying another resort when we loved that one so much. I told him I think we will love this one just the same. And our best friends are coming too. Am I wrong? Please help.

We were at CSS in June for our honeymoon and absolutely loved it:

both parrot cages were well kept (Anita by B block and Crackers further up) Also one day i saw a groundskeeper take the parrot out of the cage for a walk around the property, so I know they are well cared for. I never saw a rat there or anywhere.

I did not witness anything "dirty"; the absolute worst thing if you want to see it that way was a random stray cat begging for scraps one night outside of pallazina.

The service was first class - one day a staff member even brought us drinks in the ocean while we floated around, so no complaints there!

I, too, saw some nasty TA reviews before our honeymoon and was concerned, but I couldn't have been happier with our stay. I think the trip is what you make of it, and a lot of times people have preferences or even loyalties to their first resort. We originally booked cti and ended up at css due to a glitch with the travel agent, and from what I've read and observed on the site and other MB posts, CSS has a different vibe than the other couples (of course each does) but none of the concerns you posted were issues for us. We hope you have a wonderful trip!
    Sean & Bekah Walsh

Our first Couples vacation was CSA for 2 weeks. Loved it loved it loved it!!!!
    This past January we decided to try CTI. Booked for 2 weeks, didnt love it. On day 8 we went over to CSS for a visit. LOved it and moved there the next morning! If you love CSA I am pretty confident you will love CSS. Our next trip is in January and it is a split between CSA and CSS. Nuff said!

Default something stinks

i read that same post on ta and thought that something was vindictive. if you compare on ta the number of people who found css to be excellent to those who disliked it the difference is like 100 to 1. we are booked for our 4th trip to css in april and havin been to all couples resorts we perfer css. we have been going to jamaica for the last 20years and i have never seen a rat. go to css and have the time of your life.

Thanks for the posts. I feel better. I actually wanted to go to CSS first before CSA, and we went to CSA for the beach and loved it. But CSS kept calling to me. Cats don't bother us. We love cats. Thanks again. January can't come soon enough. By the way Marnies, what didn't you like about CTI. We are planning to visit on the day pass. Just curious.

Marynp:

I also saw that post on TA. All I can say is total HOGWASH. Wife and I just returned on Saturday from CSS, and encountered no such problems.
    Of course a vacation is what you make of it. Some people can never be pleased. I cant imagine getting better service anywhere on the planet. I also can not imagine any other resort having such beautiful surroundings. CSS is heaven on earth. If I had to describe my experience in one word, that word would be "MAGICAL". I also would like to say that the 2 of us have traveled many places around the world, and this vacation was the very best of them all. And I mean the BEST

None of the resorts are "dirty." However, we had a penthouse suite at CSS in 2009 and saw three rats visit the parrot cage every morning. We also saw a rat at CSA near the gym in 2008. Rats are a dirty little fact of life.
    Last edited by Pamela; October 11th, 2010 at 12:06 PM.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

IMHO and frankly, that's a bunch of crap. Some people aren't happy anywhere they go. OK, Pamela saw 3 rats visit the parrot cage @ CSS as well as 1 be near the gym @ CSA. I can only think that Crackers is being fed very well and they were looking for scraps and maybe the rat @ CSA wanted to take a run on the treadmill and they were all occupied. Maryrnp -No worries! CSS is a beautiful & awesome resort. Go & enjoy it all. Have a rum punch for me too! Razzl

I don't think it's fair to expect Couples to erradicate rats from the island or eliminate all dirt from view.

Anyone complaining of these unavoidable things in obviously a control freak and I pity them for not being able to enjoy their vacation!

Quote Originally Posted by coffeekitty View Post
    Anyone complaining of these unavoidable things in obviously a control freak and I pity them for not being able to enjoy their vacation!
    Like the lady that left CSS while we were there 2 years ago because of the lizard on her balcony?

TA should ALWAYS be taken with a grain of salt. It is the polar opposite of this board due to the plants that resorts use against each other. Sad, SAD form of marketing.

Do not believe everything you read, particularly on TA. The complaint of rats seems to me like that gossip-chain game people play as kids. This is why I say that:

First of all, rats are a fact of life, and they are controlled to a great ability. Once you see the vast and well-kept grounds of CSS, you'll understand that it's impossible to keep track of all the little critters that might be living in what's essentially a rainforest.

Having said they, it seems that the rodents were getting a little "frisky" in the area around Crackers' cage (since he's fed regularly by staff and guests and quite a messy eater, I suppose it makes sense), and so they moved him temporarily to try to get a handle on the situation.

In my many trips to CSS, I have never seen a rat, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least that they would be on a property of 30+ acres. It also doesn't surprise me that they'd be attracted to a virtual buffet around Cracker's cage in the early morning/late evening. But this is a far cry from "rats in the parrot cage," which I can assure you would not be tolerated. And when they're found/seen, they're dealt with.

As for the other stuff: The grounds are clean; the staff is very friendly and well-trained. I suspect that either that poster was a plant from a rival hotel or some sad and miserable person who chooses to find fault in everything and exagerrate those faults so as to make others anxious and worried.

We'll be at CSS in about 27 days, and I have absolutely no qualms about the trip (well, other than a big landlord issue that just erupted, but that has absolutely nothing to do with Couples).

Hi Maryrnp;

CTI was just ok for us. As I said, we were booked for 2 weeks and were having a good time there. The water was quite rough so I couldnt go out on my floatie, the beach was small and quite crowded (it was January and anniversary week) and we had a lot of noise in the hallways outside our room. The rooms were very hotel like, not like CSA where it is villa style. We found the beds hard too. I swear, as soon as we got off the shuttle at CSS and saw the view from the lobby, looking down over the water, my shoulders dropped 2 inches. I finally relaxed! We were there with friends and her and I looked at each other and said "I want to move!!" Of course the husbands rolled their eyes and insisted on seeing more of the resort but they knew they were beat! We all moved the next morning and absolutely loved it!
    CTi is a lovely resort and the service, staff and food were wonderful but CSS was just so us!!

When we decided to change our honeymoon resort from S to Couples our travel agent told not to even look at CTI or CSS...in her words "San Souci is horribly old" and that she was "horrified at the stains on the chairs and the cobwebs in the hallways" and "the beach at both is just yucky!" She did say she liked CSA (where we are going) although the rooms weren't updated. We haven't been on our honeymoon yet but I know I made the right decision to change resorts. Travels agents and some others get paid to speak badly about other resorts. I say let the percentage of good reviews over bad (which for Couples is about 1000 to 1) speak for themselves...from what I can already tell, Couples is an amazing company no matter where you stay.
    Danielle & Mike
    ----> Honeymooned at CSA June '11!
    --------> Really can't wait to be "home" again!

I am not what you would call a fan of nature...rats, mice, bugs of any and all kinds...i hate them all with a passion usually withheld for ford/chevy rivalries. I can assure you that I saw no rats or mice while at css and even the bugs, save sand fleas, are minimal also

Default CSS is like the old TV show "Fantasy Island"

***We had gone to css for our honeymoon in august 2009 for 7 days . It was very clean , the staff and the people we had met there were extremely friendly, the food was great. The beaches and pool area was always very clean. We never seen any type of rodant what so ever- or i'd be outta there!!!! The only creatures that you would see on occasion was the little frogs on the wall that made sounds like a cricket (i have no idea what they call them thou ???) all i know is when we would go up to our penthouse suite at the end of the night we would notice a few of them.

*** We then returned to css this past August (2010) for 10 days to celebrate our anniversary and it was even better then the last time. We stayed pretty much on the resort the entire time. We were in the natural pool-beach area and also did take t advantage of the water sports at the main beach and also attended the craft demonstrations and cooking classes that they offered (free of charge of course) and we never seen any rats or mice or anything like that.

*** We really cant brag enough about CSS. We are already booked for august 2011 to celebrate our 2nd anniversary so i'm happy to tell you TA in my opinion is wrong. Take my advice-Just Call CSS and tell them what you heard and ask them about the programs that are offered to guests while at any Couples resort they have over-night or day trips so that guests can venture off and form their own opinion of the other Couples resorts while staying in Jamaica.

*** So If your not convinced by any of us CSS Repeaters on this message board. Just think back at what your parents probably taught you when you were younger. "Dont let others influence you- form your own opinion & never listen to negative peoples opinion. Form your own.!!! Good luck and maybe we will see you at CSS in August 2011. Tammi (gmosback)

Quote Originally Posted by maryrnp View Post
    I told him I think we will love this one just the same. And our best friends are coming too. Am I wrong? Please help.
    ...I too, have been to CN; just last year. These are 2 entirely different resorts. With 2 totally different feels. The grounds are spectaular. But if you're a "Beach Person; you will like the Negril side better.

Greetings to all:

It is clear that some travel agents have been brainwashed by our competition. It is a sad testimony to the profession when comments are made that are so blatantly false...

Anyway, whenever you all come across an agent who needs some "Couples Truth Serum" please post details on this board and we will contact them directly for training. BTW - we will not post the agent details here. Rather, we will simply take the information, delete your post and contact the agent directly.

Thanks for all your assistance.

Couples Resorts

Hi All-

please do not take what you read on TA as gospel.

I am a travel agent, I have been to CSS 10 times and will continue to return every year (we celebrate our anniversary every November in Ocho, where we were married)

Obviously, CSS is our litle bit of heaven on earth. We love the grounds, (yes- even the stairs-and I have had 2 recent foot surgeries and still managaged the stairs). We love to walk the grounds, helps work off all the wonderful meals. I love the mineral pool area, the staff, cannot not say enough. We have never had an issue in all our visits.

The intimacy of the resort is great, even when it is at capacity, you still can feel like you are the only couple there!

I mentioned to my husband the topic of this thread and he replied that he never remembered seeing any rodents. Do not get me wrong, I am sure they are there, as they are everywhere, but in all our visits we have never seen any and we take midnight walks most nights.

As a travel agent, please note, those agents that book 'leisure trips' participate in incentives in which they may be rewarded for booking so many trips to a particular resort. I do know the 'S' resorts do offer such incentives and I would not even take a free trip to one of those resorts and happily pay to go back home to CSS.

To us, CSS is a great placy to spend time with each other, relax, very mellow. Vacations are what you make of them, everyones expectations differ and CSS may not be for everyone.

In my opinion, if you wnat a resport that offers a variety of activities(without being pressured to participate), beautiful grounds, great staff , great meals, great spa, etc. give it a try.

We arrive 10/29, cannot wait !

Regards,

Linda and Michael

I have been an agent for over 20 years and have travelled the Carribean and Mexico extensivley, stayed at plush luxury resorts and when much younger the other end of the spectrum resorts.
    In all my years as an agent I have never been offered any type of incentive to speak badly of a resort or specific brand. I have been to the S resorts, I resorts, R resorts and many others in Jamaica and the Carribean. If someone asks me for the particular brand I try to look at what their expectations are, Couples is not for everyone, as much as I love all the Couples resorts I have some very high maintenance friends and clients that want endless pools, marble, flat screen tv's, jacuzzi tubs on the balconies and insincere service, I would not send these people to Couples, in a perfect world agents would be able to visit everyplace in the world and be able to make reccomendations upon experience.
    I would never put someplace down that I had not been to, I would be honest with someone if I had an unplesant stay somewhere.
    Couples are my favorite resorts by far and they are always my first pick for a couple seeking romance, pampering, good food and excellent service, there are people out there that call themselves agents that have never left their call station to see what they are representing, these are really not travel agent/consultant/advisors, they are just order takers. Support your local business and use a local agent and like Randy said if someone is making accusations let him know.
    Jeez, I just went on and on!

Only creatures we saw at CN a month ago were Mongooses (Mongeese?), Humming birds and crabs! I love seeing a Mongoose as I had never seen one before. We used to watch them from our balcony and they would play chasing games with one another!

I think the initials "TA" in the OP refer to TripAdvisor, not travel agent?

Quote Originally Posted by beachsam View Post
    I have been an agent for over 20 years and have travelled the Carribean and Mexico extensivley, stayed at plush luxury resorts and when much younger the other end of the spectrum resorts.
    In all my years as an agent I have never been offered any type of incentive to speak badly of a resort or specific brand. I have been to the S resorts, I resorts, R resorts and many others in Jamaica and the Carribean. If someone asks me for the particular brand I try to look at what their expectations are, Couples is not for everyone, as much as I love all the Couples resorts I have some very high maintenance friends and clients that want endless pools, marble, flat screen tv's, jacuzzi tubs on the balconies and insincere service, I would not send these people to Couples, in a perfect world agents would be able to visit everyplace in the world and be able to make reccomendations upon experience.
    I would never put someplace down that I had not been to, I would be honest with someone if I had an unplesant stay somewhere.
    Couples are my favorite resorts by far and they are always my first pick for a couple seeking romance, pampering, good food and excellent service, there are people out there that call themselves agents that have never left their call station to see what they are representing, these are really not travel agent/consultant/advisors, they are just order takers. Support your local business and use a local agent and like Randy said if someone is making accusations let him know.
    Jeez, I just went on and on!
    Good points.. Beachsam. There's always going to be people that just want the glitz to make them happy! Me.. I prefer feeling comfortable and relaxed! That is what Couples has done for me in the past. Excellent service! In fact, I later found out it's a Couples "carnal sin" but I tipped the staff as I was leaving. They made me feel "Sans Souci" ("Without a care")! Just sit back and enjoy!

Unfortuenately there are going to those that need the glitz and that is why people should use your services to ensure that they get the right choice of resorts/holidays.
    Jon & Heather
    May '05, Feb '11 - CSS

Making arrangements for February 2012!

This is for Randymon:
    I do know that other resort companies have the capability to respond to positive and negative posts on TA. Before booking our vacation at CSS, we were also looking to stay at W brand in Cozumel. I personally thought the W brand was diligent in responding to most of the reviews. I assume that W brands wanted to use TA reviews to their advantage by nipping any travelers concerns in the bud. It might be something that Couples should also do. It seemed to personalize things more. But I am sure TA probably charges a nice fee for a company to have the availability to respond to all reviews. It might be something you should look into, if you have not already.
    BTW: I would like you to know that it was you that helped my wife and I make our final decision on our recent vacation. Your many responses to others concerns on THIS board sold us. You helped us find a way to spend a week in "HEAVEN ON EARTH". CSS was breath taking, and I wanted to bring your entire staff home with me. I am now a COUPLES believer and ambassador. God bless you and your family.

FuninJamaica:

I have seen Couples Management (other than Randy) respond to reviews on Trip Advisor. Good idea, but they are already doing it. In my opinion, Couples knows customer service from all angles.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Fun in Jamaica, On trip advisor, there are many times when a represetative from one of the resorts replies to a response, particularly if it is very negative. I have seen many comments from them.

@Jannette, what building were you in when you saw the mongoose? I was thinking someone mentioned that previously and we were there last year and didn't see them. What time of day was it? We are going one month from today and I haven't seen one before either and would love to catch them playing. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast