Default Tipping for complimentary massage

Hi everyone,
    I'd just like an idea of how much everyone tips for their complimentary half-hour "couples massage". We never go to spas, etc...so really have no idea. We don't want to appear cheap but don't want to be overly extravagant.

Kathy

According to the spa brocure, the 50 minute couples massage costs US$210. Obviously, a 30 minute massage would cost less but the price is not listed. We usually upgrade to 50 minutes and pay the difference, but I can't remember how much the difference was. We typically tip at about 20% of the price of the service, so for the 50 minute massage, we would tip about US$40 or so.

When it's all said and done, tip what you are comfortable with. In my opinion, tipping is kind of a personal thing. Different people feel differently about how much to tip. This is just what we do.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

We haven't tipped for our comp. massages. Is that terrible?? I figured the no tipping policy carried over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashntommy View Post
    We haven't tipped for our comp. massages. Is that terrible?? I figured the no tipping policy carried over.
    The "no tipping" policy does not include the spa staff as they are contractors and not Couples employees. The same holds true for the luggage porters at the airport, the shuttle drivers, and the catamaran cruise crew. They are not "employed" by Couples.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

I would tip $10.00, I think thats appropriate.
    MouLouHill

I tipped $10.00 per person for the 30 min. massage.

Paul

We tipped for comp massages, but I don't recall how much.

We as well tipped 10 pp for the half hr complimentary massage. The ladies seemed genuinely appreciative so just tip what you can or think is appropriate..

PV

We tipped $10 each. But be quick. Our ladies disappeared while we were dressing and we had to go find them.

Life is good

Quote Originally Posted by pfb View Post
    I tipped $10.00 per person for the 30 min. massage.
    Paul
    ....Same here. $10 each. That comes to $20/hour, plus whatever the resort (I assume) pays them.

When you schedule your massages, ask what the cost of a 25-minute massage normally is, then bring enough money to tip each massage therapist. The massage therapists return to the room after you leave to remove the sheets from the massage tables and replace them with clean ones, so we simply leave their tips in plain view on the sidetable.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Ok, thanks for your answers. That helps me out a lot.

Kathy

Thank you SO much for your suggestion to leave the tip on the side table. We'll do just that when we go again in Feb. 2011. Like Beach-bum, we had to search for the ladies. I finally asked at the front desk if someone could please round them up.