Default Day trips to other couples resorts

As a guest at a Couples resort is it possible to visit a sister property for a day? For example, if you are staying at CSS can you spend a day at CTI? And, how much does it cost?

Default Trading Places

Yes, you can, under their Trading Places program...for free...if you are a Romance Rewards member and one of the first 10 couples to sign up. They do the Trading Places thing three times a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Check out the FAQ page for more.

http://www.couples.com/10FAQ.htm#Can...ouples_Resorts

Can I visit other Couples Resorts? (Trading Places program)

Romance Rewards members will now be offered the privilege of complimentary day passes to a nearby Couples Resort. We're calling the program "Trading Places".

In Negril, Trading Places is available between Couples SweptAway and Couples Negril.

In Ocho Rios, Trading Places is extended between Couples Sans Souci and the NEW Couples Tower Isle.

Here are the rules and conditions for the new Romance Rewards Trading Places:

1. Trading Places is restricted to Romance Rewards members only. Since it may take several days for new Romance Rewards member account to be activated, only Romance Rewards members who have an active account upon arrival at your resort are eligible.

2. Trading Places is limited to a maximum of 10 couples per day on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays only.

3. Romance Rewards members must sign up for Trading Places with Guest Relations 24 hours in advance. The sign up is only available while you are on property. Romance Rewards members may only sign up for Trading Places once per stay.

4. Complimentary transfers from your resort to the nearby resort will depart at 9:45 am and will depart from the nearby resort back to your resort at 4:00 pm.

5. Should you decide to leave the nearby resort prior to 4:00 pm, transfer costs will be at your expense. If you miss the 4:00 pm transfer, the nearby resort reserves the right to charge the current day pass rate.

6. Activities at the nearby resort which require reservations such as excursions and scuba are not part of the day pass privilege. Spa facilities may be utilized subject to availability; however no coupons or credits from your resort may be used at the nearby resort.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

You can visit CTI while staying at CSS, but you must have an active Romance Rewards account. From the FAQs:

Can I visit other Couples Resorts? (Trading Places program)

Romance Rewards members will now be offered the privilege of complimentary day passes to a nearby Couples Resort. We're calling the program "Trading Places".

In Negril, Trading Places is available between Couples SweptAway and Couples Negril.

In Ocho Rios, Trading Places is extended between Couples Sans Souci and the NEW Couples Tower Isle.

Here are the rules and conditions for the new Romance Rewards Trading Places:

1. Trading Places is restricted to Romance Rewards members only. Since it may take several days for new Romance Rewards member account to be activated, only Romance Rewards members who have an active account upon arrival at your resort are eligible.

2. Trading Places is limited to a maximum of 10 couples per day on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays only.

3. Romance Rewards members must sign up for Trading Places with Guest Relations 24 hours in advance. The sign up is only available while you are on property. Romance Rewards members may only sign up for Trading Places once per stay.

4. Complimentary transfers from your resort to the nearby resort will depart at 9:45 am and will depart from the nearby resort back to your resort at 4:00 pm.

5. Should you decide to leave the nearby resort prior to 4:00 pm, transfer costs will be at your expense. If you miss the 4:00 pm transfer, the nearby resort reserves the right to charge the current day pass rate.

6. Activities at the nearby resort which require reservations such as excursions and scuba are not part of the day pass privilege. Spa facilities may be utilized subject to availability; however no coupons or credits from your resort may be used at the nearby resort.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

If you are not a repeat guest. It is $75 pp per day to go to one of the other resorts.

Marnie - sorry, the information you provided is incorrect. As long as you are a Romance Rewards member, even a first time guest, you can take advantage of the trading places program at no cost. Just be sure to sign up for Romance Rewards prior to your visit to Couples - this will help ensure that you are recognized as soon as you check in as a Romance Rewards member.

A load of us went the other way from CTI to CSS. There was a mix of repeaters and first timers. We went 3 times in total and the whole thing was pretty relaxed. There was even some that got their own taxi across one day.

Per Bobhand Judy - "As long as you are a Romance Rewards member, even a first time guest, you can take advantage of the trading places program at no cost"
    We will be arriving for our first time for 10 nights in March, and were torn between CSA and CN. As I just registered for Romance Awards and created my account, does this mean we will be able to take advanatage of the Trading places at no cost?
    Thanks!!

We are considering trading places from CSS to CTI this February and I am curious if anyone can comment on watersports sign-up at CTI? At CSS, it is sometimes difficult to sign-up for a time that morning. A day in advance, no problem, but I am worried about heading over to CTI and be limited to beach and pool activities (we're not so much Island-inclined). I am sure that would be ok, but I'd like to have a clue before we go. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Artie View Post
    Per Bobhand Judy - "As long as you are a Romance Rewards member, even a first time guest, you can take advantage of the trading places program at no cost"
    We will be arriving for our first time for 10 nights in March, and were torn between CSA and CN. As I just registered for Romance Awards and created my account, does this mean we will be able to take advantage of the Trading places at no cost?
    Thanks!!
    Yes, you understand correctly.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Quote Originally Posted by kiki23 View Post
    We are considering trading places from CSS to CTI this February and I am curious if anyone can comment on watersports sign-up at CTI? At CSS, it is sometimes difficult to sign-up for a time that morning. A day in advance, no problem, but I am worried about heading over to CTI and be limited to beach and pool activities (we're not so much Island-inclined). I am sure that would be ok, but I'd like to have a clue before we go. Thanks!
    Technically, anything that requires a reservation are not available to Trading Places guests. This per the FAQ page regarding Trading Places:

That being said, I have heard of people going out on the snorkle boat while Trading Places, but they took the spots of people who signed up but did not show up. It seems to me, that it's kind of "luck of the draw".
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Thanks for all the great information. Is it possible to become a romance rewards member without having visited a couples resort previously?

Artie, That is correct, you will be eligible to do the trading places on your first trip. So you can pick one and see the other. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by mrnorco View Post
    Thanks for all the great information. Is it possible to become a romance rewards member without having visited a couples resort previously?
    There is no need to have visited a Couples resort prior to becoming a Romance Rewards member. Just sign up here:

http://www.couples.com/RomanceRewards/01-SIGN-UP.htm

All you need is a valid email address. Just to let you know, signing up for Romance Rewards will also put you on the list to receive monthly email news letters from Couples.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Quote Originally Posted by mrnorco View Post
    I think the answer to your question is obvious. If you can participate in the Trading Places program as a member of Romance Rewards without being a returning guest, then of course you can become a member of Romance Rewards without being a returning guest.

Click on the Romance Rewards link to the left. When you arrive at your resort, give your RR number at check-in.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

We are heading to CTI in a few week; however we want to head to CN for one day during this trip as we have some gifts and school supplies for certain people and want to get these to them. I understand we will have to pay for our own transportation, we are repeaters and a member of rewards program - will we have to pay to visit CN?
    Dorothy & James - Delaware

Quote Originally Posted by JamesandDorothy-DE View Post
    We are heading to CTI in a few week; however we want to head to CN for one day during this trip as we have some gifts and school supplies for certain people and want to get these to them. I understand we will have to pay for our own transportation, we are repeaters and a member of rewards program - will we have to pay to visit CN?
    The Trading Spaces only applies to the opposite resort in the same town. PLUS it is a 2-1/2 or 3 hour drive between Ocho Rios and Negril and then back again...for a one day trip, you'll be on the road for 5 or 6 hours, ouch!!

For husband and wife, do you both have to sign up for Romance Rewards and each have your own number?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesandDorothy-DE View Post
    We paid $250 for a one way private transfer from CTI to CN!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

[QUOTE=binnie;98550]For husband and wife, do you both have to sign up for Romance Rewards and each have your own number?[/QUOTE

No, only one of you can sign up. You only get one set of "gifts". I am the one on the computer, so I signed up for us.
    Linda