Default CSA Great House Verandah Suites

Does anyone know if the Great House Verandah Suites are under renovation?

They seem pretty new, not sure how you would renovate them.

I stayed in them 2 years ago. Very nice. Great view. Stairs got to be a pain.
    CN-July 2006
    CSA-July 2009
    CSA-July 2011

Eat, Drink, and be Merry for tomorrow you may die.

I read on this MB that someone was "upgraded" recently, by couples to a Garden Verandah Suite, cause the GHVS were under renovation. They seemed pretty annoyed in the post as they would have booked oceanfront instead. I am not sure when the renovation was due to be completed. I bet if you called Couples they would tell you.
    MouLouHill

Yes, we are here at CSA now and had booked one, but they are being renovated. They won't tell you that until you get here, though.

I had read where a couple had booked this category and was told those were under renovations when they got there, i assume from the recent storms. They said they were upgraded to the Garden Verandah, if thats an upgraded. So i was wondering if any one could tell me for sure?

Garden Verandah is considered an upgrade price-wise from the Great House, but to us it doesn't seem like one. We are very far from the beach and right next to the road. We were supposed to have an ocean view.

Greathouse rooms are closed right now due to water damage from Tropical Storm Nicole. All guests booked into the Greathouse Verandah suites will be upgraded to Garden Verandah Suites. We anticipate being able to reopen the Greathouse suites by November 1, latest.

Couples Resorts

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    Greathouse rooms are closed right now due to water damage from Tropical Storm Nicole. All guests booked into the Greathouse Verandah suites will be upgraded to Garden Verandah Suites. We anticipate being able to reopen the Greathouse suites by November 1, latest.
    However, if you were hoping for a view of the ocean (or a view of anything really), call ahead and see if you can get an ocean or beach front verandah. We wish we could have done that.

Thanks everyone..

We will be arriving on Oct 17, getting married on the 20th and departing on the 27th. We booked Great House Verandah Suite back in April. (these rooms come with a partial view of the ocean) Now we are being put in a room that you are calling "an upgrade"? All you did was throw a tv and a bar in the room. I find this unacceptable since we are near the road and not even close to the beach. Does anyone know how much it would cost to upgrade to a room with at least a partial view of the ocean? We booked through a travel agent. Should we contact the resort or should we go through our agent? The resort needs to make this right...absolutely unacceptable!

Quote Originally Posted by jaj111 View Post
    We will be arriving on Oct 17, getting married on the 20th and departing on the 27th. We booked Great House Verandah Suite back in April. (these rooms come with a partial view of the ocean) Now we are being put in a room that you are calling "an upgrade"? All you did was throw a tv and a bar in the room. I find this unacceptable since we are near the road and not even close to the beach. Does anyone know how much it would cost to upgrade to a room with at least a partial view of the ocean? We booked through a travel agent. Should we contact the resort or should we go through our agent? The resort needs to make this right...absolutely unacceptable!
    Actually the great house verandah suites have a tv and bar as well, so I don't know why they consider it an upgrade to move you to the garden verandah suite. We wanted to move to a different room (and were willing to pay) but were told nothing is available. I would at least call your TA and see if he/she can switch you to a room with an ocean view. Couples did offer us a 25-min massage once we complained to our TA.

I think the Great House room come with a Tv and a minibar..... Hopefully they fix the situation for you. We are staying in the samr rooms but not until November. Good Luck and Congrats

We knew the GHVS had a tv and bar and our "upgraded" room had this as well. The problem we have is: we booked the GHVS which has a partial view of the ocean. The GHVS rooms are currently closed and they moved us to a GVS located near the road. Recently they placed tv's and bars in the GVS and are now calling them "upgrades". How could being placed near the road with road noise and no view of the ocean be an upgrade from a partial view of the ocean? This was our ligitimate problem with the whole "upgrade" issue. The resort should have called us when the GHVS were closed so we could choose what room "we" wanted to upgrade to. Thanks for everyone's response and wishes on our upcoming wedding!

When we were there last week in the pool bar you could see the ceilings of some of the ghvs balconies looked damaged. It Definitely looked like storm damage to me although it didn't appear major.

Quote Originally Posted by jaj111 View Post
    We knew the GHVS had a tv and bar and our "upgraded" room had this as well. The problem we have is: we booked the GHVS which has a partial view of the ocean. The GHVS rooms are currently closed and they moved us to a GVS located near the road. Recently they placed tv's and bars in the GVS and are now calling them "upgrades". How could being placed near the road with road noise and no view of the ocean be an upgrade from a partial view of the ocean? This was our ligitimate problem with the whole "upgrade" issue. The resort should have called us when the GHVS were closed so we could choose what room "we" wanted to upgrade to. Thanks for everyone's response and wishes on our upcoming wedding!
    I couldn't agree more. Have a great wedding, though!