Default Inner Island Flight – International Air Link

Has anyone taken the inner island flight? Our travel agent has been going to Jamaica for years and recommended taking it to the resort and taking the bus the day we leave.

Thanks!

More great advice from a travel agent.

International Airlink ceased operating between MoBay and Negril and MoBay and Ocho Rios YEARS AGO.

We fly Tim Air (www.timair.com) every time we visit Jamaica. Although we fly both legs of our trip, if we could only fly one leg, we would choose to fly at the end of our trip. If you fly at the beginning of your trip, you'll get to the resort 60-90 minutes at most before people taking the shuttle, depending upon the resort at which you're staying. If you choose to fly at the end of your trip, you get to remain at the resort HOURS longer. In prior trips, flying TimAir has allowed us to stay at the resort two hours longer. This year, however, in our two trips to CN and one trip to CTI, the shuttle was scheduled to depart much, much earlier than in years past, and flying TimAir enabled us to stay at the resort for as much as four hours longer. This has always enabled us to remain at the resort and spend the entire morning on the beach and then have one final lunch at the resort rather than eating at the airport. I'd much rather spend more time at Couples than at the airport on my final day.

Tim Air strives to get you to the airport two hours before your international flight departs; Couples strives to get you to the airport two hours in advance also but adds in additional time in the event that there are traffic delays.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

International Air Link went out of business over one year ago.

TimAir is still in operation and your only option currently. They provide great, fast, friendly service.

It seems for the price of the TimAir flights you could stay an extra day rather than just gain a couple or hours. You have to be careful that you don't miss your flight out of MJB if you fly TimAmir, right Rudi? We did have a great exprience with TimAir going from CSS, actually Boscobel Areodrome, to CN.

Unfortunatley there are travel agents and order takers out there, and Pamela loves to point out the order takers!!! Maybe the agent just quoted the name wrong--- happens, he/she might have meant to say Tim Air. Wish I could be as right as Pamela all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary_and_Patti View Post
    You have to be careful that you don't miss your flight out of MJB if you fly TimAmir, right Rudi?
    Ha. .... err not really, that return trip was hellish. Actually that trip was on International AirLink and had a lot more to do with Air Jamaica (surprise!!) than Int'l AirLink.

Since you're picking on me, the code for Sangster International airport in Montego Bay is "MBJ". "MJB" is what Robert Foster and other entertainment staff would say during rum mixology and other events (Making Jamaican Babies).

Int'l AirLink stopped flying out of Negril (technically I guess ceased operations as they failed some type of inspection) sometime in early '07 or very late '06.

It seems for the price of the TimAir flights you could stay an extra day rather than just gain a couple or hours. You have to be careful that you don't miss your flight out of MJB if you fly TimAmir . . . .
    Not everyone has to choose between flying on TimAir and staying another night. Similarly, we always stay the same number of nights and haven't reduced them b/c we've chosen never to fly coach to Jamaica again.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, TimAir strives to have you at the airport 2 hours before your flight. If your flight leaves MoBay at 2 pm, your TimAir flight will be scheduled between 11:30 and 11:45 am. The flight takes less than 15 minutes, so you would be at the airport before noon. In our 18 trips to Jamaica, we've flown TimAir back to MoBay on 17 trips. We have never had less than two hours at Sangster Airport and have never come even remotely close to missing our flight.
    Pamela

Pamela, I realize that different people choose available opions for there own reasons. We really enjoyed our TimAir flight, but we like the shuttle ride, too. Also, I was just giving Rudi a bad time, I did not intend to disparage TimAir's scheduling.

Rudi, I must have been thinking about the coffee. By the way, we're thinking of CSS in March. (CN in Sept, of course!)

. . . .Also, I was just giving Rudi a bad time, I did not intend to disparage TimAir's scheduling . . . .
    I figured out that you were referencing a particular experience with Rudi. The problem with your post, however, is that some people on this MB tend not to read posts thoroughly enough (or perhaps have less than stellar reading comprehension skills), and it's likely that when someone next posts a thread asking about TimAir, someone will say something to the effect that, "I read in another post somewhere that you risk missing your flight if you fly on TimAir." It happens all the time.
    Pamela

... I was just giving Rudi a bad time...
    Yeah, well I hope you're sorry now.
    Rudi, I must have been thinking about the coffee.
    No, no, I'm quite sure it was because of Robert/Kimmie/Amelia/Tonya chanting "MJB, MJB, MJB".
    We're thinking CN early next year.

Thanks for all the information, and yes, it is Tim Air not Intern. Air. I think the packet the travel agent orginially gave me was not recently updated.

Wow Pamela - I've read your other posts and always thought your "I'm always right" sign off was tongue in cheek....

And I believe Randymon just posted something about this International Air being back up and running....

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by gonegril View Post
    Wow Pamela - I've read your other posts and always thought your "I'm always right" sign off was tongue in cheek....

And I believe Randymon just posted something about this International Air being back up and running....

Peace
    It is tongue in cheek.

Randymon didn’t say that International Airlink is “back up and running.” Rather, his November 2 post indicated that he had spoken with the owner of International Airlink and that the airline was planning to introduce service between MoBay and Negril and between MoBay and Ocho Rios. As of today’s date, such service is not yet available through that airline.

When the OP’s travel agent recommended International AIrlink to the OP on or before October 13, the service hadn’t been available for years (and still isn’t available). I’m willing, however, to give the travel agent a pass on his or her incorrect information if you believe that his or her bad advice was grounded in some psychic ability to foresee the future.

It’s not a valid criticism to attack information that is true and correct when given by using information that becomes available ex post facto.

Last edited by Pamela; November 5th, 2010 at 02:07 PM.
    Pamela

And you did get the last word Pamela - and you ARE always right!!

WOW! Not sure what to say. This is the main reason I do not 'hang around' this board much anymore.