Default Nervous about CTI

I'm going to CTI for my fourth trip to the island next week. I LOVED CN and am afraid that CTI won't compare. I'm concerned that the beach won't be that great and that the water won't be as clear. I know that the resorts are going to be different of course, but I don't want to be disappointed either. What do you think?

I think you should stop worrying. Yes the resorts are going to be different, but at least you are still within the Couples family and that is what will make it a wonderful trip. Do not go to CTI comparing it to CN. Go, enjoy CTI for what it is, embrace the differences. And then next year go back to CN.

We've been to all four resorts and visited CTI in January 2010 and CN in March and September 2010. CN is our favorite; we've stayed there 14 times. We don't like CTI as much as we like CN, but we still had a fantastic time at CTI. It's possible that you won't like CTI if you're constantly comparing it to CN. Don't expect CTI to be like CN. Be open to what CTI has to offer, relax, and enjoy. There are guests who prefer CTI to CN. Who knows? You might be one of them.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

We also loved CN and had the same concerns before going to CTI. By our second day there we loved it just as much! They are quite different (physically) but CTI is just as wonderful in its own way. Embrace the differences and enjoy every moment.

We went through this last year. Our worries were totally unfounded. We loved CTI!! Now it's a tough decision for us to decided where to go to every year!

CTI is different. It's still just as awesome though. Go and Enjoy!!

We were the same way and went to CTI last week for our first time. We had been to CSA 4 times prior. It was NOT CSA but we still had a great time. The biggest 2 differences are the beach and the design. The beach is much smaller and the resort has a "hotel" feel. It was still wonderful but I think we will go back to CSA next time. We did the trading places to CSS and don't think I would want to go there. Pretty but again not CSA. CSA our favorite!!

Our first Couples experience was at CN, which we loved. The next time we wanted to try a different Couples resort and decided to try (then COR) because of "the Island". We found our "HOME" This year will be our 10th Couples experience - eight at (now) CTI. We also loved CSS and talk aboput returning there , but we always seem to find our way back to CTI. JMHO.

Thank you for the feedback. I am a little bummed out that the beach is smaller. Hopefully we won't be right on top of the other couples there. Either way, I'm sure being in the Couples family we can still expect the wonderful service that we have come to look forward to no matter which Couples we are at!

Default cti

CTI has more inclusions too! We have been to COR in 2005 and split trip to CN and CSA in 2007 and now will return in 2011 to CTI, then will probably go back to CN after that! Love them all! Make sure you do Dunns River Falls!

CN is our favorite as well but this past January we split our trip and took a chance on CTI. We loved CTI as well, but different aspects of it. While we love the beach at CN better and the water is calmer, I love the pool bar at CTI and the decor in the lobby and piano bar is amazing!! They also had a little gift shop right on the beach with an espresso bar.

The staff is amazing at both...you will find a few differences in the way they make their Bob Marley's at CTI as well as their Miami Vice's, but they make a few different drinks that CN doesn't have at all.

Another thing we did like is the seclusion at CTI...you don't see another resort and feel like you are in your own world.

Don't worry...CN can still be your favorite. You aren't cheating by trying CTI We are going back to CN in January 2011 and going to do a day swap at CSA and then if we are fortunate to return to Jamaica yet again, we plan on doing a CN and CSS split so we can still enjoy our CN but try something different at the same time.

We did Dunn's River Falls a couple of years ago and loved it! Due to my husband's recent ACL replacement it doesn't look like we will be climbing the falls this year. We just plan on holding down the beach and drinking lots of rum as of now..

Quote Originally Posted by crodgers09 View Post
    Thank you for the feedback. I am a little bummed out that the beach is smaller. Hopefully we won't be right on top of the other couples there. Either way, I'm sure being in the Couples family we can still expect the wonderful service that we have come to look forward to no matter which Couples we are at!
    We have been to CTI when it has been near capacity and you are not on top of each other on the beach. The beach is smaller in the sense that it is a private beach. It will be quiet quiet in comparison to the Negril beaches as there won't be the constant drone of jet skis and boats. The only boats you will see or hear will be the Resort boats. So just sit back and enjoy the scenery--which is the island and the waves hitting the shore. Also check out the spa. It's amazing!
    Vicky

My visit to CTI only had me on the main beach 1 time.. try the island and you'll discover why people really love CTI! Also, even though the beach is smaller, you have to take into account a couple things. First, it's private, you aren't sharing it with any other resorts, second, the size of the resort, it's not very big, so there is plenty of space.

Quote Originally Posted by Barren View Post
    My visit to CTI only had me on the main beach 1 time.. try the island and you'll discover why people really love CTI!
    The staff? The service? Oh, you can find those on shore as well.

We've stayed at CN 5 times I think, CSA twice and CTI once. Yes there are differences, but they are not all in CN's favor imo.

Yes the beach is at CTI is smaller,not great for walking if you like long walks and imo not as nice in terms of sand all the way out into the water, but the floating yellow rafts were cool, and the island was neat, the view was fantastic, very serene.

We enjoyed the main pool, and played plenty of pool volleyball which we enjoy at both CN and CTI. I found the activity and socialization between guests to be more similar at CTI and CN than compared to CSA.

I love the towel exchange at CTI, much easier and more convenient. We liked the feel of the restaurants, some meals are better at each resort to us, and there were quite a few other pluses as well.

Enjoy your trip!

Ahhh....flying out first thing sat. Thank you so much for all of the feedback! I'm so excited!

Ahhh....flying out first thing sat. Thank you so much for all of the feedback! I'm so excited!
    crodgers09:

Be sure to come back and tell us what you thought about CTI!!!

Enjoy your trip.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Quote Originally Posted by KrisJamie View Post
    The staff? The service? Oh, you can find those on shore as well.
    Very true! The staff, the service, and possibly most of all, THE FOOD! But really it's about enjoying your time in a beautiful location with the one you love and being pampered just enough.

If I have to make a list of my favorite things at CTI, it would be something like this:

The people - staff and guests alike... very friendly and a joy to be around.

The food - dear lord, the food is so good!! Any restaurant including the buffet always has fresh, wonderful food... and a huge variety to choose from!

The au natural island - what an amazing experience it is.. so freeing, so relaxing... so comfortable. You meet some really cool people on the island and nobody is judgmental or gawking.. if you wish to be alone with your companion, go to the right side and enjoy the sights and sounds of the water, while reading a book and sunbathing.. if you want to party it up/socialize, head to the left by the pool and you'll have no shortage of instant and long time friends!

The booze - need I say more?

The inclusions/excursions - scuba, snorkel, etc. - always a good time and a great value!

The entertainment - each night something different and interesting. Definitely a fun time.

My fiance and I have been debating where to go on our honeymoon... We've talked about Europe and other locations but it seems like we always end up saying, "We can always go back to tower isle, we had a wonderful experience there and we know we'll love it!"... I think we probably will end up returning home next year since we weren't able to swing it this year.

Well, we have returned from our trip and did indeed find CTI to be very relaxing. I did obviously find some pretty big differences but as I said before, the Couple's quality was still there. I do prefer the atmosphere and beach of CN and will be returning there next year as opposed to CTI. It wasn't bad, but it just doesn't have the Jamaican 'Feel'. It was very hotel-ish. I would still suggest it for some couples who are looking for a beautiful, clean, upscale resort with excellent service though.

We just returned from CTI and
    even though it's small there was lots of room on the beach... fabulous service everywhere make sure to check out the island and enjoy!

My girlfriend and I visited CTI back in July and had a fantastic time. With the fantastic food, great and friendly atmosphere and a staff catering to any need you may have, you wont have any regrets while there. Just look forward to the trip and HAVE FUN!!!!!!!

PS. take advantage of all the inclusions especially the horse back riding tour. They are all fun.

Our one concern:
    Our biggest concern was the noise that would travel through walls. Luckily we had a room on the far end of the resort (by the pool bar) but that was our biggest concern about returning. If you have issues with noise, don't hesitate to ask the management for a room change.

Best tip I can give:
    When going on a trip, don't push yourself in the bus! If you wait and be patient, you will get a private van instead of being toppled over one another.