Thread: Mini Bars

Default Mini Bars

I have a question about the mini bars. Are they all part of the all inclusive or is there a charge on top at the end of the vacation?

included

Quote Originally Posted by HBD View Post
    I have a question about the mini bars. Are they all part of the all inclusive or is there a charge on top at the end of the vacation?
    Part of the all inclusive! No worries Mon!

Default Mini Bars

Included

They r included but @ CTI u only get them with suites.

They are included at CN and the best part is you select what you would like from a menu and they have it in your room waiting for you.....yay for rum and ting!!! 22 days to go until we are sipping that sweet concoction.

beverages only though...but they have anything you want. My wife wanted some rum for a rum and coke so we put it on the card to get the next day. We were suprised when they brought us a fifth of appleton. lol

thought we'd get a lil shooter...and that would have been enough

They have them in all the rooms at CSA. We have never had good luck with them though. In our BFS we never had the card to fill out saying what we wanted so I left notes and talked to the people who came by if I was there and I just could not get the few things I could drink restocked often enough. I could only have some of the juices, water and Pepsi but we would only get one or two tiny cans of juice every 1-2 days. We were in an atrium last week and we did get a card to fill out so I asked for a 3 or 4 cranberry juices and Pepsi but only got 2 of each, for the whole week. They never came back and we could not get another one of those cards. If I had known it was a one time thing I would have asked for a bunch of it. I'm not sure why we have so much trouble with this. We don't even ask for liquor.

everything on them is included. Fill out the sheet if there is something you want that isn't already in it and it will be brought to you

HBD- Couples will never charge you for anything extra. It truly is an ALL INCLUSIVE PLACE!

They are included. It's a beautiful thing!! We were there last week also and I do agree with Melody, there was an issue with that request card not being present in the room. They used to have the bar fully stocked upon arrival, but on my last visit we noticed that no liquor was on the bar and had to be requested the following date via the "missing" form. I did not like that "change." We had to call a couple of times for that request form, but we received it that same date and after that, all was good and they stocked our room regularly.

At CSA now and we've had no trouble getting the things we want in ours. We don't drink alcohol...a little Red Stripe here and there but nothing to speak of...so we've asked for juices and pop and water and they've left everything we've asked for. The only thing I noticed was that the first bottles of water were about twice the size of the ones they've been leaving since but I am not complaining...the stuff is free so I'll drink it and get more tomorrow. There isn't a room that's terribly far from a bar or restaurant...if you really have to have something that isn't in your fridge just go ask.

Speaking as a person who has frequented many AI resorts but, not Couples until next year, I don't really like the fact that I need to go to a restaurant or bar to replenish or make up for what I didn't get. IMO, the purpose of the minibar is so I don't have to do that. If I still need to do that and have a minibar, what's the purpose of the minibar? I can just go to the bar and request what I want and take that back to my room. I just feel that it's too much work to do all that. I also understand that it's "free" because, even though we paid for it. If it's being offered it should be done correctly. If it's not stocked upon arrival, then u should b able to fill out a card. If one is not available, then u should b able to call housekeeping or the front desk to get one.

Spice505, we went for the first time last year to CN. When we arrived the mini bar was stock with Pepsi, water and a couple juices. We asked the gentleman who had walked us to our room if we could get a couple beers in there. He said "no problem mon," called and they were delivered relatively quickly. I agree you shouldn't have to go to the bar if there is a mini bar. If it is available, it should be stocked accordingly. But with the liquor, they bring what you request, not one of each, so they need to know what you want, if you want any. We get only rum and a few beers. I think you will find that it isn't as much of a problem as it seems in some of the posts. Some people do have problems with it obviously but I think it is minor. Enjoy. We are going back in about 2 weeks........Can't wait.

When we first arrived last October, we asked Herbert (he handled our luggage) if he could bring us some Red Stripe (as there was none in the minibar). He was more than happy to oblige. I really wouldn't "sweat" the minibar...all will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimnmariann View Post
    HBD- Couples will never charge you for anything extra. It truly is an ALL INCLUSIVE PLACE!
    Strictly speaking, it may be more correct to state that all you need for a wonderful vacation is included.

There are a few optional extra things that Couples will charge for, though they are clearly indicated and are things that not everyone would be interested in.
    These include: night snorkeling, private dinner, spa services, premium wine selections, among a few other items.

Quote Originally Posted by HBD View Post
    ....It's included (free). At least at CN and CSS.

Default Stocking Mini Bars

I have no idea what people are talking about re: going to the bars to restock. We have been to various Couples Resorts 7 times in the last 3 1/2 years (as recently as 2 weeks ago), in every case you simply fill out the card by the bar.

Service is always great.

Quote Originally Posted by spice505 View Post
    ... If it's not stocked upon arrival, then u should b able to fill out a card. If one is not available, then u should b able to call housekeeping or the front desk to get one.
    Spice505, upon arrival, the minibar was stocked with Pepsi, Ting, Gingerale, Pineapple Juice, Orange Juice and A few cans of Carib beer.

We filled out a card each night to customize it. We asked for Rum, a 750 ml bottle of Appleton showed up. We asked for Vodka, a 750 ml bottle of Vodka showed up (don't remember the brand, as I don't drink Vodka). Juices and soft drinks that we asked for showed up.

We are so used to getting the short end of the stick with many organizations, that I understand your apprension. Relax ... We were well taken care of.

My only complaint while at CTI is that I had to get used to sitting without my billfold in my back pocket!

Well...it's what I just love about this message board (said in total jest). You can make a comment and it can be so skewed. If you read my post again you'll see I didn't even imply that anyone would stock their mini bar by making trips to a bar. My statement was that if you really needed something right at the moment that wasn't in your fridge you could easily access any of the bars and just go get it. Meaning, if I feel the need for a bottle of water or a beer or whatever in the moment and it's not in my fridge right now I'll just walk to the bar for that item. Chill out folks.