Default Ideas for what song to walk down aisle to?

Hello! We are getting married at CSA on 12/4/14. We would like some kind of music to be played at the beginning of the ceremony. But we have no idea what! We want something kind of tropical sounding and light and upbeat...but still something sweet. Any ideas??

Thanks!!
    Shelly

Our playlist was:
    1: walk down the aisle song=One Love by Bob Marley
    2:First kiss song=3 Little Birds by Bob Marley
    3:Sign the papers song=Love is My Religion by Ziggy Marley
    4:cutting the cake song=Save Room For Love by John Legend
    You shouldn't need anymore than 4 songs unless it changed since 2006 which I doubt. We just were at CSA & heard someone use John Legend's "All of Me" & it had my hubby & I both balling! Good luck & congtarts

I was going to say All of me by John Legend also but its not light and upbeat but it probably the love song of the year. It makes me cry too. I was going to use it for our renewal but didn't want to blubber!

HA! HA! So true Softail, never thought of that one

I love music so I thought about our songs for a long time. Jim didn't care so for our wedding video back in 04 I picked
    True Companion by Marc Cohn
    Were in this love together by Al Jareau
    Shining star by The Manhattans
    Look at Us by my fave Vince Gill
    I thought about using "Keep your hands to yourself " by the Georgia Satellites because the song cracks me up but I refrained
    Last edited by softail19; November 14th, 2014 at 12:18 PM.

Do you remember how long each song was played for? For example, the walking down the aisle song, was the whole song played before the ceremony began? Or just the first 60 seconds or so. Thanks!

Just part of the song in our case.

Who worked the music player?

Wedding coordinator

Thanks for the information guys

I'm walking to... Someone like you by van Morison

Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post
    Just part of the song in our case.
    I could not understand what you are trying to say here.

Quote Originally Posted by Begather View Post
    I could not understand what you are trying to say here.
    They poster above was asking how much of the song they play in our video and they edited 4 songs and used just a part of those 4 songs. The song I walked down the isle to they used the whole song. Sorry for being so confusing.

We hadn't even thought about songs when we were with the wedding coordinator and she asked. I was cool with no music, but Jeff wanted "You Are the Woman" by Firefall. Not your typical song to walk down the aisle, but it is a special song for us. It is upbeat, light and has a great tune that gets stuck in your head.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

We are looking to have our wedding there next year! I was thinking of Cannon in D played on guitar!

Quote Originally Posted by Amiller View Post
    We are looking to have our wedding there next year! I was thinking of Cannon in D played on guitar!
    That's beautiful !!

I think the author already has chosen the melody for wedding, but i decided to share my beloved melody, maybe will help some other ...

I still canít forget my friendsí wedding, it was so romantic, they used Glasgow love theme, from love actually. The bride was walking down the aisle to a song from my favourite film soundtrack. Actually, first of all you need to decide, weather you want to use instrumental or some other type of melody. As this one is another way to incorporate instrumental music with a personal touch into your ceremony. There are loads of options to choose from Ė Love Actually is a great place to start, and will have you welling up before you know it.