Default Sky Lanterns for Wedding

I am getting married this month at CSA and was wanting to bring sky lanterns with me. Has anyone done this before? Am I going to be able to take them in my checked luggage on the plane? Let me know your thoughts!

You can probably arrange for Couples to supply them. We had them at our private dinner last November.
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

You could probably take them in checked luggage. I contacted Couples about the same thing and they are willing to supply them.

We brought our own in checked luggage, only about 10 of them. They take awhile to light so bring plenty of dollar store long lighters. It actually turned out to be a non event as they were somewhat of a pain to light and launch unless you have a lot of people to help you we only had 6 people. I think the cost at the resort is $20 each, kinda pricey.

The resort can supply them but they cost more then what you would find online. My mom had purchased a bunch of lighters to pass out but the staff ended up helping everyone out! They were so experienced with them!! We packed a box of 40 (we had 25 guests) with us I think. No problem checking them at the airport. Make sure they are biodegradable, this is a policy of Couples.

I have already watched a beach wedding with sky lanterns and it was truly amazing. The wedding was held in Boracay Philippines and it was perfect. I will search for the video and will get back to you.

Default Sky latterns for wedding

Good idea for destination wedding and I have seen this sky latterns in my friends wedding which are truly amazing, would like to add in my wedding too.

Good idea for destination wedding and I have seen this sky latterns in my friends wedding which are truly amazing, would like to add in my wedding too.