Default have you zip lined in ocho rios?

Hi I was wondering if anyone has recently done any of the zip line tours in Ocho Rios and if yes, would you recommend them? I have read mixed reviews on Trip Advisor so wanted to get some opinions. Thanks!

We went through Chukka (set up by the desk inside the lobby at CTI) last November and it was a blast! Would definitely recommend it!

We did it and it was still to this day one of the best excursions we ever did. Worth the money and we had an amazing time!

We did the Tranopy tour this past April and it was a blast. A bit pricey, but we did the triple (chair lift ride over the rain forest, bobsled run and zip line down at Magic Mountain). Purchasing at CSS may have been more $ than online direct, but then we didn't have to worry about transportation but we did have to make multiple stops at other resorts and then wait for everyone to go back. The bobsled was fun, but I wish it were longer.
    On the zip line, you will want longer shorts (think mid-thigh to knee length) as you will wear a harness that could rub otherwise. It's not a thriller excursion, and you need some patience as you have to wait for your whole group to make each run before proceeding on, but we had a great time. The guides were hilarious and made sure our whole group was laughing and safe. If you are at all nervous about heights, do not do this excursion. Some of the tree stops are pretty high up. I felt safe the whole time and was glad we did it. At the top of Magic Mountain there is a nice pool with a water slide, so if you wear your suit underneath and bring a towel in a bag, you can chill out before you zipline down. The guides will have your bag waiting for you at the bottom. The only issue we had was that it turned into a whole day event, and there is so much to do at CSS and since our trip was short (5 days), that we didn't get to do everything at the resort we wanted to. However, it was one of my favorite activities from our last trip (we had climbed Dunn's River the year before, which is also fantastic and included).

I would like to do Mystic Mountain with 2 other couples we are going with in Dec. Is it possible to arrange our own transportation so that we don't have to stop at all the other resorts or be stuck in a large group?

It was a blast and this year we are doing YS Canopy tour in November! I loved it!

We were at CSS for our weddingmoon Sept. 15-23. I used a discount Caribbean travel site to book our trip and was able to include the Chukka Tours Canopy (Zipline) tour and travel insurance and my grand total was still less than booking thru the resort site .

We loaded the shuttle and headed to 3 other resorts for pick-up. We spent maybe 15-20 mins total doing pick-ups. We did drop off guests at the Chukka ATV and horseback fields before heading up to the zipline site. The shuttle driver was very nice, and he joked with us that the ride to the zipline was more dangerous than the zipline (you'll see if you go...think one-lane, two-way dirt road up a mountainside with no barriers on the side We absolutely loved it! It was a bit tedious having to wait for the group, but the majority of our wait time was spent waiting for the next platform to clear (only so much weight per platform) so that the rest of the group could zip to the next tree/stop. Like kiki23, it's not's a thriller, but it is so exhilarating flying through the trees and watching everything fly right past you! The harness may bother some, so wear clothing that gives you some padding around the hip/pelvic area. You'll also be given a helmet and utility gloves that you will use to grab the line and "brake" yourself when instructed (no worries, very safe as long as you put your hand BEHIND your harness). There's a short, peaceful hike once you get to the bottom of the tour to the pick-up spot for your shuttle. Water and comment cards were available as well as a Tip box for the guides). We did the noon trip and were back at CSS by 4:30ish...just in time to shower and dress for dinner at Bella Vista (I would kill for a snapper sandwich and grill fries right now!)

kiki23 - thanks for the info. We are in CSS in Feb 2011 and were looking for some other activities. The zip tour seems like a good choice. We have 2 weeks at CSS so I guess losing the one day to Zip is worth it then?
    Jon & Heather
    May '05, Feb '11 - CSS

Making arrangements for February 2012!

We did the Chukka tour as well. I booked online and got our tors 2 for one so it was very much cheaper than booking at the resort.

jhs - we will just miss you at CSS! We are heading back home Feb 21st. Considering the length of your stay, absolutely do the zipline/bobsled! We have also done the Ocean Safari (jetski/snorkel trip) which was fun, but due to the weather/wind, the snorkeling wasn't great (murky and hard to see). Again, just be prepared to be gone from the resort most of the day with ~30 min travel time each way. We picked up people from the ATV excursion in our shuttle, and they were covered in mud and grinning ear to ear. It's on my list if we have time. Dunn's River Falls was also crazy fun.

Have you considered splitting your time at CTI so you could take the catamaran trip, horseback ride and experience the other restaurants? I almost booked that way, but since we've only got 6 days, I would rather relax than get to know another resort halfway through.

We did the triple (chair lift ride over the rain forest, bobsled run and zip line down at Magic Mountain) Back in Febuary. It was one of the excursions that we bought on our cruise. We had a blast.
    We're going to CTI Feb 11 (21st thru 30th). We plan on doing the triple again.
    We have to agree with KIKI23, a diffenant must to do.
    Scott & Jen

kiki23 - That is too bad that we dont have at least one overlap day. We plan on making the trip evry year but next time as a Secret Rendevous. We will definitely try all your suggestions. Thanks again for the info. Hope I can cram it all in in the 2 weeks and get some much needed beachtime lol. I have the great white north tan going on. Going to have to hit the tanning bed a couple of weeks to just knock off the 'whiteness'. Hope you have a great stay this year!

Thanks Scott & Jen. We might also have to split over to CTI also.
    Jon & Heather
    May '05, Feb '11 - CSS

Kiki23 - Bad timing on my part! I hope that you have a great time while you're there. Thanks for the suggestions! WE are def. going to try them. ummm the ATV sounds fun. I always did love playing in the mud lol. Dunn's River falls will of course be on our schedule. CTI? You know we have been thinking about doing a split with them. We are also thinking about doing a Secret Rendevous in 2012 to check out the other Couples resorts. We do love CSS but from the other posters the other sites seem to be very good also.

Scott & Jen - A cruise. Sounds great! Would you suggest it?
    Jon & Heather
    May '05, Feb '11 - CSS

is anyone know if its more expensive in december? and if so what is the cost for two people?

J
    U b
    S e
    T e n .SSSSSSSSSSSSSeen

Quote Originally Posted by jhs View Post
    kiki23 - thanks for the info. We are in CSS in Feb 2011 and were looking for some other activities. The zip tour seems like a good choice. We have 2 weeks at CSS so I guess losing the one day to Zip is worth it then?
    JHS- if you are interested, we want to do a day when the inlaws shop up after the 10th where we go to mystic mountain in the morning for zipline and bobslide ride then do lunch and hit the river tubing place for the afternoon, the more the merrier if you are interested!!