Hybrid View

Default Recipe PLEASE!!!!

RandyMon, if there is ANY way I could get the recipe for an AMAZING tomato soup we had at CN I would be FOREVER indebted! We had it at Otaheite at CN on 10/05/10. Thank you in advance!!!

I wonder if it's the same on they make at CSA. I had a great one at the Palms just a few days later. It was called Tomato with Basil and Sour Cream I believe. I hope it's the same thing because I would love to make that at home!

Randymon, just returned from 8 great days at CN. Nick and I would love the Pumpkin Soup recipe from Repeaters dinner, on October 11th. Sour cream and chicken strips rested inside the bowl and the delicious soup was poured over. YUM,YUM! Thanks!

When we were at Otaheite in October last year we had the most amazing pumpkin soup.....I think it is one of the best things I've ever eaten. We are back in only 20 days.....my hope is they still have that soup. Yummy!!!!

Don't know if anyone has ever suggested it, but I think it would be great idea to put together and offer a Couples Resorts cookbook in the gifts shops or on Couples Living! It would be great to have a compilation of the recipes for the great dishes that we enjoy at the Couples resorts!
    Chris & Sharon's "Irie-licious 25th Anniversary Celebration" at CSA 11/24 - 12/1, 2012
    Celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary this year at our 6th visit to CSA (7th to Couples) - our Jamaican 'home'!

Quote Originally Posted by NJ_Yinzer View Post
    Don't know if anyone has ever suggested it, but I think it would be great idea to put together and offer a Couples Resorts cookbook in the gifts shops or on Couples Living! It would be great to have a compilation of the recipes for the great dishes that we enjoy at the Couples resorts!
    That's a million dollar idea if I've ever heard one. And then another million when they come out with more editions when the awesome chefs create new meals!

@Melody-no it was not the same soup you had at CSA. It was a fire roasted tomato soup, it had cashews in the bottom of the bowl before it as served, as well as, I'm guessing, creme fraiche. to the others, there are several pumpkin soup postings that contain the recipe for the pumpkin soup. Please reveiw those and they might help. You can even do a search for "recipe", "pumpkin", etc...Unfortunately, the recipe I am trying to get, if it's possible, I could find no posts about it.

I agree. A cookbook would be awsome. I think it would sell very well. I love the bread pudding at CN and have ask several times for the recipe. They have so many wonderful food dishes. The only question I would have, is if we could find the same ingredients here in the states.

This recipe was on the Couple's website a year or so ago...think its from CN but I neglected to include that bit of info! Hope this helps <3

Smoked Tomato Soup (Serves 4)

Ingredients:
    5 vine ripened, peeled beefsteak tomatoes
    2 oz Tomato Paste
    1 chopped onion
    2 cloves Garlic
    2oz Scallion
    1 sprig Thyme
    1 Jerk sausage-
    1 oz. white wine
    2 oz. olive oil
    5 oz. chicken broth or vegetable broth
    Basil and black beans for garnish

Method:
    Put olive oil and all the other ingredients except the Tomato and liquid in a pot and cook for approximately 6 minutes over a moderate heat. Add white wine. Then add tomatoes cut into chunks. Slowly add soup broth and cook all ingredients for 8-10 minutes.

Blend soup ingredients in a food processor. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Serve soup hot, garnished with a couple of black beans and double leaves of fresh basil..

I've had pumpkin soup several times in Jamaica and it is fabulous. You wouldn't think something warm would be good in a tropical setting but it is perfect!