Thread: Weather

Default Weather

Am looking forward to our first trip to CN Oct 27 through Nov 3 and am wondering about the weather. Have never been to Jamaica before and when I look at weather projection all I see is rain, thunderstorms and more rain . What can I expect weatherwise? Counting the days.

Usually an afternoon rain, short and gone, and beautiful weather before and after. The rains don't seem to affect the beaches or the evening weather. Have fun, we aren't far behind. We go 11/13 and can't wait.

Default Should be OK

We usually go one week later (11/1 to 11/7) this year we are going 10/28 to 11/1. I've been watching the storm in the Caribbean but it looks like it will move west before we get there. Most days we have not experienced any real rain. Some days a short afternoon shower. We tend to be at the AN beach and just curl up under cover till it passes. If an outdoor evening event gets rained out (happened once last year) they just move it inside. You will love it.

We were at Couples Negril 10/10 -10/16 and like you were worried about the weather beforehand as the tropics looked unsettled and the forecast was for thunderstorms. We decided to go for it as we had been looking forward to it for so long. It was overcast and rainy the day we arrived and then sunshine galore the rest of the week. So take the weather forecasts with a grain of salt! We had about one hour of rain the entire week.

That tropical system that is down there now should be long gone by the time you get there. We have been at Couples when one of the systems has come through and it rained buckets! Somehow, we still managed to have a great time.