Default What food is a must try at CSA?

This will be my first trip ever to a couples resort in November. CSA was my first choice. While I am there, is there any food that is a must try. I am not a picky eater, and I usually love everything. What are your favourites?

Here's my list:

1. Snapper sandwich at Seagrapes. (Absolute MUST!)
    2. Appetizer sampler at Lemongrass.
    3. This is not a food, but a drink: Sangria at Patois Patio for lunch. We discovered this our last day there last trip, and OMG... It's a good thing we didn't discover it earlier. LOL.
    4. Soup. Any Soup. All Soup. Definitely try the soup.
    5. Fish tacos at Seagrapes.
    6. Banana Mango Papaya smoothie at the Sport's Bar. Yumm-o.
    7. Ackee and saltfish at breakfast at the Palms. National dish of Jamaica.
    8. Stewed brown chicken at the Palms breakfast. (I think this is my favorite breakfast item. Wow.)

I could go on and on and on, but after all that, I think I'm going to go make breakfast.
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

Make sure to try the sweet potato chips and fish tacos at Sea Grapes. Also the beef patties at the Cabana Grill. Those were our favorite things for lunch or a mid afternoon snack. All of the food was fantastic. I even at things there that I normally don't eat back in the states. Take some elastic wasted pants for the end of your trip...I gained 6 pounds the week we were there and had to wear gym shorts on the flight home because my button up stuff didn't feel so good

Everything is good at CSA. Especially if you are not a picky eater, don't be afraid to try new and different items or preparations...you will always be pleasantly surprised at CSA! And if you don't like something, just ask and they will bring you something else! The soups are very, very different from what I'm used to, but always incredible. The fish/seafood is so fresh and delicious and is awesome any way that it is prepared. Also, I particularly love callaloo (Jamaican spinach/greens) and like to eat it at every meal while I'm there (yes, including breakfast..in an omelet YUM!). Desserts are always interesting and wonderful too. That said...a trip to CSA for me is not complete unless I have --

• Onion Rings, Jerk Chicken/Pork, Meat Patties at Cabana Grill
    • Pumpkin Chips w/Hummus Dip, Grilled Snapper Sandwich at Sea Grapes
    • Appetizer Tasting Platter, Pad Thai at Lemongrass
    • Banana stuffed French Toast at Patois Patio
    • Buffet breakfast at the Palms
    • Anything at Feathers...it's ALL good!
    • Lobster Night (I think is Saturday) wherever we land!!

Bon Appetit and enjoy every taste and bit of CSA!

I would be interested to hear responses to this as well. Thanks for posting. We will be there 10/31 - 11/7.

These were my favorites:

Breakfast
    banana stuffed French toast at Patois Patio
    fresh smoothies at Palms

Lunch
    fish tacos at Seagrapes
    Jamaican sushi at Seagrapes
    snapper sandwish at Seagrapes
    sweet potato chips at Seagrapes

Dinner
    fresh pasta with alfredo sauce at Palms
    appetizer sampler at Lemongrass
    pineapple tempura (dessert) at Lemongrass

Drinks
    everything at the Martini Bar

The chicken Patties are the best ever!!

The dessert sampler at Feathers is wonderful. It gives you a small portion of each of the offered desserts from that day. It is wonderful.

Try the chicken patties (at the grill), the Snapper Sandwich and sweet potato chips and dips (at Seagrapes) and the dessert tower at Feathers.

try ALL of the jamaican dishes - if you go to the Palms for breakfast or lunch, you'll see there are at least 1-2 offerings per meal. my very favorite is ackee and saltfish (served at breakfast). ackee tastes like scrambled eggs, but is a plant. deeelish!!!

also, any/all of the fresh fruit - especially PAPAYA!!

and the rosemary creme brulee and the pumpkin soup at feathers/patois patio.

yum!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grayturtless View Post
    This will be my first trip ever to a couples resort in November. CSA was my first choice. While I am there, is there any food that is a must try. I am not a picky eater, and I usually love everything. What are your favourites?
    In no particular order, here goes.........

banana stuffed french toast at Patois
    chips and dip at Seagrapes
    smoked marlin and chip appetizer at Patois
    the dessert triangle at Feathers
    pad thai at Lemongrass
    creme brule anywhere!
    homemade ice cream at Lemongrass

You have to hit Seagrapes for lunch. It is mostly vegetarian and fruit smoothies, relatively healthy stuff, and a wonderful change of pace from the heavier items at most of the restaurants. It is just off the pool outside the Palms, you can't miss it. Our favorite for dinner is Lemongrass. Thai food with a Jamaican flare and also wonderful. Ask if they have the ginger ice cream for desert. They did not have it last summer and we were a bit disappointed. We will be asking for it again in June. Spicy ice cream, strangely wonderful.

Default Food to Try

Do not miss the pizza at Patois! It is fabulous!

Thank you so much. I will write everyone's suggestions down, and promise I will try them all. I am pleased to hear that people like Sea Grapes, as I have not read very much on these forums about it. Three more weeks, I can hardly wait. These forums are fantastic, and you all are so helpful.

DEFINITELY the banana stuffed french toast at Patois! I know it sounds a little strange, but it's absolutely yummy! I was so disappointed that they didn't have it at CN too (just CSA).

All the breakfast at the Palms. Well, all except the eggs. They have scrambles eggs out every morning but they are so runny, it's sort of gross. The onion rings at the Cabana Grill are awesome. The pasta bar at the Palms is wonderful too. I really love the Tomato with Basil and Sour Cream soup at the Palms but it was only available once while we were there last time. The pumpkin pie is awesome too.

Quote Originally Posted by marhuck View Post
    Do not miss the pizza at Patois! It is fabulous!
    Ditto!!! LOVE it!!!! The pulledpork pizza is to die for!

Quote Originally Posted by melody View Post
    All the breakfast at the Palms. Well, all except the eggs. They have scrambles eggs out every morning but they are so runny, it's sort of gross. The onion rings at the Cabana Grill are awesome. The pasta bar at the Palms is wonderful too. I really love the Tomato with Basil and Sour Cream soup at the Palms but it was only available once while we were there last time. The pumpkin pie is awesome too.
    If the eggs on the buffet are too runny for your taste or if you would prefer a fried egg or some other way, just tell the omelet chefs at the buffet...they will make you any type of eggs you like in the style as you request! No worries mon!

Oooo. Have to try the marlin dip at Patois.

Life is good

Quote Originally Posted by NJ_Yinzer View Post
    If the eggs on the buffet are too runny for your taste or if you would prefer a fried egg or some other way, just tell the omelet chefs at the buffet...they will make you any type of eggs you like in the style as you request! No worries mon!
    I thought about that but I thought they would think I was a big weirdo for asking for scrambled eggs when there were some a few feet away. Next time I guess.

Don't forget the "breakfast" pizza at Patois!!