Default Disappointed because room type was changed

We'll be returning to CSA on Nov. 12th for our fourth visit in 1 1/2 years. We have always booked and loved staying in the GHVS. We booked the same room type for this upcoming trip. I just spoke with our travel agent to confirm that everything is OK and was told that our room type has been changed from the GHVS to the Garden Verandah Suite because of availability. I'm very disappointed!!! I'd much rather has a nice view of the water as opposed to one of the vegetation. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there anything I can do or anyone I can plead my case to? Any advice would be appreciated. I know it may be a minor thing for some but I look forward to my vacations and want things as I expect and plan them to be. Thanks

Hi tharris, don't despair just yet; it still might be possible to switch when you arrive at CSA! Also, hubby and I have stayed in Garden Verandah suites all 3 times we have been to CSA, so I know from experience that many of the 3rd floor suites have at least a partial Ocean view, plus gorgeous foliage and pond views, so really, it's not that bad! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

i'm not sure, but i think some of the GHVS rooms were damaged by one of the Tropical Storms, so i think you're being moved because of that, not because anyone is messing with your vacay....and we've also stayed in the GVS rooms, and have had ocean views - explain when you get there....good luck!

From an October 13 post by Randymon:

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    Greathouse rooms are closed right now due to water damage from Tropical Storm Nicole. All guests booked into the Greathouse Verandah suites will be upgraded to Garden Verandah Suites . . . .
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Sun_lover.......Thanks for your message and vote of confidence. I've come to the realization that I'm not going to stress over it. My husband thinks that, as long as we're not close to or facing the road, he might actaully like the Garden Verandah rooms better. Plus, I'm too excited to be going back to the place I love to be discouraged about it. We'll see what happens when we arrive. Thanks

I like the GVS better. Some like the higher floors for a better view. I'd rather a ground floor with no stairs and the ability to walk out the porch door and be on my way. If I want an ocean view, it's only a few steps away.

you may be able to get your original booking. Randymon just posted this:

randymon

thedude,

Repairs to the roof are complete and we are just finishing up some final touches in the GreatHouse rooms. We anticipate reopening the building on November 1.