Default Looking for couple to share Timair to CSS Jan 29

We flew Timair from CN last year to the airport and are thinking of doing so both ways to CSS (Jan29/Feb5). Apparently we need to find another couple to share the flight or it will be double the cost. Is anyone interested? We arrive on Westjet from Ottawa on Jan 29 at 1:22 p.m.
    How do you get from the Timair airport to CSS? How long is the drive from Timair to CSS? The airport they use in Negril is across the street from CN so not an issue. Any advice would be most welcome.
    Thanks.

Timair staff informed me there is no reduction in cost if the flight is shared.

We have not nailed down our dates yet - what did they quote you? Maybe able to share Jan 29th.

When we arranged for our flight they quoted us a per person rate. Perhaps they just stated it this way and I'm misunderstanding but from my current perspective it wouldn't matter how many of you are on the flight. You might want to clarify with them before you hassle with getting others to share your flight.

My husband was told that the flight would cost $400 one way regardless of whether it was for 2 people or 4 people. I would assume then that if we can find another couple to share each couple will pay $200 (or $100 each) one way.

Would someone tell me how long the trip from the Timair airstrip to CSS is and what is the best way to arrange this?

Yes, if you are arriving around 1:30 pm on the 29th of Jan we would love to share the flight! It is a great way to start your vacation!

Quote Originally Posted by janRN View Post
    My husband was told that the flight would cost $400 one way regardless of whether it was for 2 people or 4 people. I would assume then that if we can find another couple to share each couple will pay $200 (or $100 each) one way.

Would someone tell me how long the trip from the Timair airstrip to CSS is and what is the best way to arrange this?

Yes, if you are arriving around 1:30 pm on the 29th of Jan we would love to share the flight! It is a great way to start your vacation!
    We've stayed at the various Couples Resorts 18 times, and we've always flown via Tim Air. In years past, we received a slight reduction (maybe around $20 total) if we had to share a flight. In recent years, however, our fare has been the same whether or not we shared the flight with another couple. We were at CN last month and flew into Negril alone; my sister and her husband shared their flight with a family, including a screaming toddler. Their fare was the same as ours. When TimAir tells you that the flight costs $400 regardless of whether there are two or four people, they're telling you that YOUR airfare will be $400 regardless of whether you share the flight with another couple or not.

We've only been to CSS once, and that was in August 2009. To the best of my recollection, the drive to the resort after landing was around 20 minutes, and the driver from CSS was waiting for us when we landed.

Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Default Price clarified by TimAir

I just received an email from TimAir and price was quoted as follows for flights MoBay to Ocho Rios: $466 all in for 2 one way / $920 return. Price for 4 is $532 one way / $1040 return.

So if anyone wants to share Jan 29 (approx 1:30 p.m.) to CSS and Feb 5 return to MoBay let us know. It is in fact a much better deal. Can't wait!

Default Getting from Timair to CSS

We would like to fly Timair from MoBay to CSS but are wondering how far away the small airport is from CSS and whether the resort will provide us with transportation.

We used Timair last year for our vacation at CN but there the airport is right across the street - so it is very handy. Huge timesavings!

Anyone want to share the flight? A better deal to have 2 couples on board! See my previous post with prices from Timair.

We will be flying Jan 29 @ approx 1:30 to CSS and returning to MoBay on Feb 5 early afternoon.