Sorry if this is long but I am torn.I booked my 4th trip to CSA last April with a long time travel agent.She has been awesome and has booked several trips and cruises for us with no problems.She has had to find another full time job as the travel business has suffered a bit.The big travel agency up here in Mn went out of business and she has worked out of her home as an independent contractor.I booked long ago so I could get the 500 dollar resort credits and I have been paying the agent as I go along and am about halfway done paying the hotel part,[have not booked airfare yet].My ccard was flagged for fraud and I had to close the account.I have grown so frustrated with her and I know she has gone through a tough time lately but she has blown me off for so long now I am tempted to cancel with her and rebook, lose the resort credits.If I have to do that,I don't know how to get my money back from her on a closed account?I just want it resolved and have emailed her again. My trip is not until April but I am sick of being blown off.I want to get the airfare booked also and I am sick of getting blown off.I have been a good customer for years and can't believe how rude people can be!Thanks for letting me vent and thanks for any advice ahead of time that you may have.