Default Which Couples Resort Is Best

My wife and I are planning our honeymoon (delayed as we got married over the summer) and we are wondering what the best Couples Resort is.

CTI and CSS both look appealing because of the large number of free activities (dunns river falls etc) but I've heard great things about Negril and CSA.

We first came to Jamaica last march and stayed at the Grand Palladium, which we loved, but I've heard that Couples can offer a lot more.

Just curious as to which resort is best and why.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason&Tiffy View Post
    . . . . {W]hich resort is best[?]
    There isn't a "best" resort. Each resort is unique, and each resort is the favorite of some but not others. Different people have different preferences, and what appeals to me might not appeal to you, so the resort that my husband and I find to be best suited to us isn't per se the resort that would be best suited to you.

There is a lot of information on this web site to help you decide which resort to select. Read the dining and accommodation information for each resort, take the photo tours, check out photos on the panoramic maps, look at photos posted by guests on the photos mega thread on this message board, and read reviews on the MB. There will be something about one of the resorts that appeals to you in particular; that is the resort that you should select.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

That's kind of like saying, "which is best: Chocolate or Vanilla?" Personally, I like Pralines and Cream.

Your best bet is to look at the pictures -- both here and on other website, and read reviews of the resorts. Figure out what style appeals to you (and your SO.) Then go there, and don't look back.

We have been to all 4 (stayed at 3, and visited 1) and while we have definite "favorites" they're not the same as other people on this MB. We all go to different places for different reasons.

One thing, however, that must be said: If you are looking for glitz and marble you're not going to find it at Couples. What you WILL find is fabulous service, marvelous food and an atmosphere like you've never experienced.
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

Like Pam said each has its own to offer. CTI and CSS are very nice resorts but the beaches are smaller and rockier than the beaches in Negril at CN and CSA. You can do Dunns in Ocho but you can go to Rick's or other falls in Negril.

We've been to both sides and prefer CN to all of the resorts. The Negril beaches are bigger and have the soft sand you think of when you go to Jamaica. But the beaches are all shared by all the resorts. The Ocho beaches are private. Yes you get some venders on the Negril beaches that will approach you or if you walk the entire beach you might get asked to come look at what ever is being sold, a polite "no thank you" works just fine and they quit asking you.

If your looking for the perfect AN experience then CTI or CSS is the way to go. Read the message board, check out the photos, you can't go wrong with Couples!!

I have to agree with Pamela. I know when we first decided to go to a Couples resort, I read everything I could, and I had actually wanted to go to CTI because of a couple of the excursions, but it was under remodel. So we decided on CSS, and it took over our heart. Last year we checked out CTI on the trading places plan, and decided we didn't like it as well as CSS.

On a couple of the other threads, some have compared all the resorts for different things. Check those out. One of the resorts will call to you. It will be the one you keep going back to while researching.

Whichever one you decide on, the honeymoon will be great. Welcome to the family.
    Linda

All the resorts are the best. It all depends on what you are looking for because they are all different.

Read the message board, and all the information about each resort. Ask questions about each one and one will call you.

What are looking for in a resort?
    Irie Mon

I agree with Pamela, there really is not a "best", they are all good, it just a personal choice. For us it has been CN although we are going to give CSS a try next year I think. My suggestion is to read reviews, look at pics and see which one calls to you the most. And then go with your heart.

What sets it apart for me is the beach...CN/CSA more public...CTI/CSS more private......

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

I depends on what you enjoy. If you enjoy a long beach to walk along then the Negirl side of the island might appeal to you, if you like a private beach with little to no vendors then the Ocho Rios side might appeal to you. IMO the Negril beaches are the best, and the water seems to be warmer and clearer. My Husband loves CTI because of the set up, it is compact and the dining areas are fantastic with great beach views all around. I hear that CSS has a lot of area to roam around in gardens(we will be finding out in a few days). Good luck, but no matter what you will have a great time. PS if you plan on doing a lot of activities then maybe CTI or CSS is a good choice because so much is included and it isn't too long of a drive to activities.

Hello Jason & Tiffany,
    We have be to CTI, CSS and CN. If I had to decide on which resort based on staff, I couldn't do it, staff is outstanding at each.
    CTI - more of a hotel atmosphere
    amazing AN island (open 9 to 5), very private, swim-up pool bar, sounds of the waves crashing on the coral island, limited lunch items brought from mainland, one washroom, only downside is if the weather is bad and the ocean too rough - the boat may not take you across
    CSS - lots of steps
    most beautiful grounds of the 3
    Friday night gala is over the top
    AN Sunset Beach (AN 9 to 5 - after 5 you can still be AN but people from the other side the resort can come over for sunset photo ops), very private, pool with waterfall, hot tub, beach (a bit rocky), full service grill, swim-up pool bar, separate men's and ladies washrooms, entertainment staff come over daily for trivia etc., you can even get a massage on the private beach
    CN - not a bad room in the place, buildings laid out in horseshoe pattern facing beach, so even garden room face the beach but you'll have some palm trees to look through or around
    all rooms have stocked mini bars with liquor dispensers
    for me, this resort has the best restaurants with the most selection (do the kitchen tour Tuesday to see how this well oiled machine works)
    diving is awesome here because the weather in Negril seems to be better, calm waters most of the time
    public beach goes on and on in front of other resorts, great for romantic walks
    of course, the sunsets are truly vibrant because Negril is at the western tip of the island so you get the full picture of the sun setting in beautiful hues on the ocean - ahhhh memories
    AN beach is adjacent to the main beach and adjacent to resort next door, open 24/7 (bar 10 to 5), you can walk right out to the ocean from your lounger (or like me - with my floatie wrapped strategically)
    My best advice is to do what everyone here says, check out the pictures, the posts, the reviews and find out which resort calls to you. We did the secret rendezvous (SR) the first year and got to try CTI - loved it. Did SR again got CSS - loved it. Booked CTI again, got bumped to CN and - of course - loved it. You really can't go wrong. Once you go, you'll know what we've all been talking about is more than accurate - Couples Resorts are the best!

Thanks for the response Pamela! I guess what I'm asking is for subjective and personal opinions as far as what people think the best resort is and why based upon their own likings. Just hoping that with this personalized view I might be able to get a better idea of the choice we must make

Default I totally understand

I researched the Couples resorts for over 2 years and we finally booked CSA. Speaking of delayed honeymoon, you and your new wife (congrats by the way) are doing quite well with your delay. Our delay happens to be almost 4 years after our wedding. People were right when they said, don't delay because it could never happen. Anyway, I researched online to get different opinions of the 4 different resorts. I started with Tripadvisor and ended up decided after I joined the Couples Message Boards. I found that the resorts must be good overall to have so many repeat visitors. My husband also left the planning up to me. He did not care where we went, he just wanted to show up and a must for him was "all inclusive". We like to exercise even when on vacation. In addition, we love different food options and some optional activities. When I saw that CSA had an exercise complex, it was a big seller for us. Besides, there were so many great reviews from couples who had truly great experiences and many were repeaters. After agonizing so long about which island and what resort to choose, CSA was the start of our Couples experience. We will be visiting in June 2011 and can't wait. It seems as though some of them are known for different hideaways, some for the perfect romantic setting, one has the Au Natural sections which seems to be pretty popular, another for it's night life, another for it's intimate feel and decor. I realized that whichever resort we chose, we could not go wrong. And besides, with 4 resorts, we could hit all of them and REALLY have something to compare. Not all in one trip of course Hope this helps.

Agree. Read this board and reviews. What is important to you -- room? beach? pool? activities? sports, etc.? If you relate what's important to you, people on this board can help you decide which resort will likely fit those desires/requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason&Tiffy View Post
    Thanks for the response Pamela! I guess what I'm asking is for subjective and personal opinions as far as what people think the best resort is and why based upon their own likings. Just hoping that with this personalized view I might be able to get a better idea of the choice we must make
    In my opinion, fried chitlins and a good splash of hot sauce is delicious. You may disagree.

The best you'll get are personal experiences, which are scattered in throughout the board in reviews. If you took a poll, you'd get little more than a number that is based on which guests sign up and use the boards, etc, etc.

Had I gone on the opinion of others 7 years ago, we'd likely have ended up at a Negril side resort and missed out on our home; CTI.

One will call to you, it always does. (maybe 2 )

Quote Originally Posted by KrisJamie View Post
    In my opinion, fried chitlins and a good splash of hot sauce is delicious. You may disagree.
    Ewwwww....... (and I'm from the South.)

In any case, since you are looking for subjective opinions, here's mine:

Our favorite (not the best) is CSA. We are looking for a place where we can be active in the morning (tennis, running, gym) and then chill most of the afternoon. We like a lively social scene (DH plays beach volleyball several times a day) but also like to be able to be private. (I like to lay on the beach and read in between VB games. LOL.)

We like variety in food. (CSA has the most variety.) And we like GOOD food. We like rustic, romantic rooms. CSA fits the bill. And we like long walks on the beach. Yup. CSA is our "perfect" resort.

After saying all that, however, we are going back to CSS for the 2nd time in January, and we visited CTI a year ago and ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT. (In fact, if CTI had a place to run -- runners here -- it might have surpassed CSA as our favorite.)

What we loved about CTI was:

The utterly cool South Beach tropical vibe.
    The private beach. It was SO quiet. It was great.
    The absolutely spectacular view from the room.
    The staff. The best! (Watersports guys were SO nice.)

So there's an opinion -- or two. Do what you will with it.
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

No doubt, the best Couples property is CSTNSAI

And fried chitlins and a good splash of hot sauce actually does sound delicious (and I'm not from the South).
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron & Rosa 25 View Post
    No doubt, the best Couples property is CSTNSAI

And fried chitlins and a good splash of hot sauce actually does sound delicious (and I'm not from the South).
    Which resort(s) are you referring to as "CSTNSAI"???