Hybrid View

Default CSA - Cabana Grill

My husband and I honeymooned at CSA almost a year ago. For our first anniversary I am trying to bring back a little bit of our wedding and a little bit of our honeymoon. We ate at the Cabana Grill several times during our stay and my husband loved the Jerk burgers, so I am going to try to make one for him. I found a authentic jerk sauce on the internet (i am not sure how good it is) and I was hoping someone might be able to help me fill in a few blanks.

What kind of buns were they served on?

Did they serve Coke or Pepsi?

What kind of fries did they serve?

Jerk Sauce?

Any other ideas?

Thank You!

The soda in Jamaica is not at all like it is in the US so neither Coke or Pepsi will taste the same as it did at CSA. I haven't been to Couples yet but if I recall correctly some have said at other times they serve Pepsi. A few of the grocery stores around here sell "Mexican" Pepsi and Coke in the ethnic sections which if you can find it where you live will get you closer to what the soda in Jamaica tasted like.

I seem to recall that the Cabana Grill uses coco bread for its buns. No idea how you get coco flour to make it, or if it can be purchased in a bakery or deli...

Good luck
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

I think that all the soda in Jamaica is made with real sugar, thus the difference in taste, for the better in my opinion. The biggest difference in the soda, Coke or Pepsi or any other kind for that matter, is that it is made with cane sugar instead of HFCS sweetener. You can occasionally find soda in the States made with real sugar, Coke makes a Kosher blend with real sugar, and recently Pepsi made a limited run of Pepsi Throwback that was made with real sugar. If you do a taste test you will be amazed at the difference.
    I think they used a chibata (spell?) bread for the "buns" on the jerk burgers. I think the fries are just plain old french fries. Although I think they are fresh cut. Use what ever jerk sauce you can find. We bought a bottle of the sauce they use at CSA from the gift shop a couple of years ago, but I don't remember the brand name.
    Enjoy the burgers! Dream of going home to Jamaica some day.