Thread: Trip to Ricks

Default Trip to Ricks

Hello all
    We will be staying at CN from Feb 7-21 to escape the Canadian cold.We have stayed at GLN & GLOR 5 years back. First time to Couples,do they have a free shuttle to town and how much for a taxi?

We booked from the tour desk. It was $30 per couple. We left at 4 and they said they would pick us up at 6:30. After 45 minutes we were set to go. We were tired of being hounded by the cliff divers to pay them to dive, and paying $5 for a beer when we could get them for free at CSA. The six of us got a van back and paid $30 for the ride. Not bad as we would have paid that for one round of drinks.

NOT worth it! (IMO) My husband and I went on our honeymoon while staying an CN. The food and drinks were overpriced. It was horribly crowded. We didn't get to see a great sunset because it was cloudy. Also...my husband jumped off the cliff and his wedding band came off. We have to pay ransom to get it back from the divers $250 USD!!!

Rick's has become a "tourist trap" so to speak...the first time we went was before that huge hurricane wiped everything out but the diving tree, beers were $1 and there was nothing there but a cooler and the cliffs. With that said Rick's can be ALOT of fun, you can just swim around in the water or hang by the pool or bar. The bands are great and the dancing is fun. We get approached to "tip" the divers sometimes we do sometimes we don't. We have arranged for the shuttle from CN $15/person or you can walk out of the resort and catch a cab cheaper, no worries you'r not going to wind up in the mountains being held hostage Jamaicans are the friendliest people! Just watch the forecast or ask one of the staff about the weather for the evening, if its clear you'll see a sunset you'll never forget. I have some great pictures of Rick's e-mail me if you want and i'll send them to anyone. iahawks_rule@yahoo.com
    I'm very jealous we don't get to go back home till Dec. 2011 HAVE FUN!!

Default Try the water trip

I can't deny that Rick's has become very commercialized, but it is an icon in Jamaica and definitely an experience. In our early trips you could give the guys a buck to jump, now it is 20.

Sorry, my previous post left prematurely and I guess there is no way to get it back. I was about to say that I would recommend taking the catamaran trip which docks at the base of the cliff and you can take the stairs up to Rick's. It is a great experience.

Just call Rick's, they offer free shuttle.

Quote Originally Posted by WIJamericans View Post
    Sorry, my previous post left prematurely and I guess there is no way to get it back. I was about to say that I would recommend taking the catamaran trip which docks at the base of the cliff and you can take the stairs up to Rick's. It is a great experience.
    Not true. In 3 stays at CN (2006, 2009 & 2010), the Cat Cruise has never stopped at Rick's.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

I've seen other resorts Cat cruise dock at Rick's but never the CN one. CN cruise stops at Pirates Cave and you can't jump that anymore unless they changed that rule in the last 10 months.

Wally might be correct regarding the CN cat trip, It was a cat trip from a different resort in Negrilp (to remain nameless) that we left from. The catamaran trip to Ricks is great, however.