Thread: Mosquito nets!

Default Mosquito nets!

Hey guys! My husband and I are heading to CTI in January. Just curious if anyone has used a mosquito net? Or if they know whether or not the balconies have screens to allow air in without worrying about the bugs getting in (at CTI)? Is there such thing as a mosquito net that can be used to cover the open door way to the balcony? or only nets for beds? I like a really cool room and would love to be able to have the balcony doors open throughout the night and get the beautiful breeze off the ocean! But would prefer the bugs stay outside Let me know if you guys have any ideas!

I am a mosquito magnet. When we were there in June staying in an open house with no screens I was never bitten even once. We were even out in the woods and brush and I never got bitten. I am sure they are there, but they did not bother me. I don't think you will have to worry about it.

Jilian, do a search on mosquito nets because it seems just a few days ago someone posted something about one that could be used without pinning or tape that would ruin the walls or doorframe. I don't remember who or where I saw it, but it seemed like a great idea and no destruction of property.

Quote Originally Posted by cleversole View Post
    Jilian, do a search on mosquito nets because it seems just a few days ago someone posted something about one that could be used without pinning or tape that would ruin the walls or doorframe. I don't remember who or where I saw it, but it seemed like a great idea and no destruction of property.
    Cleversole:

You are thinking of the tail end of the "I Wish I Would Have Thought Of That" thread.

http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthr...6020#post96020
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

yes I read that too, she said she bought the door net from wal-mart in the screen section

We just got back a few days ago. We brought gallons of Deet with us in preparation - used it the first day and discovered it wasn't necessary. Never bitten. Also, not sure I would recommend leaving the doors open for a 'cool breezy' evening as it doesn't get that cool but it will get damp and stay that way. Even with keeping the doors closed it was always a bit damp in the room - especially paper products.

We were there in Nov. 07. We loved the fresh air coming in our doors, and not one mosquito blew in with it... lol - We are going back to do another mosquito check for our 3rd anniversary this Nov. (2010) just to make sure

Seederpeople is correct, it doesn't cool down enough at night to have a cool room to sleep in. If you want a fresh breeze, then that will work, but if you want a cool room you will need to leave the door shut with the air and fan on.

We also like a cool room, but I like the fresh air more so we leave the door open. We've been to Jamaica 6 times and have never had 'guests' in our room. No need for a mosquito net. That is a waste of valuable suitcase space.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

We were on the ocean side, in August, left our doors open (turned off the a/c) quite a bit and never had mosquitoes. Doesn't mean other bugs won't come in, or that they won't be there a different time of year. However, the only place I was bitten by a bug was in the hammock on the garden side. Not sure if it was a mosquito as it was a pretty small bite.

I was the one who took an Easy Breeze Door screen from Wal mart. We just got home yesterday and really only used it on the first day. It worked well, there just was no need at all for it. It does not fit the full door size so you just have to shut the doors on the tension rod and make your own doorway. It did the trick, but as I said, bugs were not a problem on this trip at all! Enjoy...