Thread: Rasta Ralphie

Default Rasta Ralphie

Does anyone know if Rasta Ralphie is still doing the catermeran cruise? He was so awesome!

We had him on board last February.

Life is good

He was back in April.

Ralphie was on our cat' cruise last summer. He does not do every cruise, but we have been lucky enough to share the cruise with him on at least a couple of trips over the last few years. He was in very good form, healthy and happy, last June and we hope to cross his path again next summer. He adds a lot to the cruises if you are lucky enough to have him aboard. I think his guitar is as old as he is. I helped him a bit when he broke a string and I was amazed at how that darn thing is held together with parts, pieces, string, glue and screws like no other guitar I have ever seen. Ralphie and his guitar are truly a matched pair.

Someone just recently returned from CSA and reported that RR was still on the catamaran cruise.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

He was not there when we went earlier in Oct but maybe it was his day off.

He did one from CSA in early July.

He was not there in the beginning of Oct. it isn't the same without him!

Just saw him on Monday on the cat cruise.

Yeahmon! Enjoyed Ralphie being on the Sept 27 cruise at CN. Very cool.

He was on our cat cruise about two weeks ago!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I did the catamaran cruise on the 27th of this month and spoke to him and he said he is retiring very soon. He said he wanted some time to do other things, and may do it every now and again but not as much as what he has been.

Funny Rasta Ralphie story from last week. We were on the cat cruise heading back to CSA, after the swim, and were in the back of the boat just chilling and looking at the sunset.

My wife said "it smells fishy", to which I brilliantly replied that "it's just the ocean". Not five seconds later, RR comes back and grabs a garbage bag of fresh fish that was stashed directly under our seats, and tells us it's his supper and he needed to double bag it so it didn't smell and/or spoil. He double bags it, sticks it back under the seat, and heads back up front to continue to play, dance, etc.

Of course I got the look from my wife and a "just the ocean, huh?". We chuckled about that the rest of the week.

RR is awesome! He was on the Cat Cruise in early Sept! Everyone on the cruise had a great time with him...

Ralphie has been a highlight of many of our Negril stays. We've been honored to have him bestow a Rastafarian blessing on our marriage (35 years and going strong), twice.

We didn't catch him on our last visit (May, 2010), but we sent him our regards. In May 2009, I asked him how he has been... he told me that he's been well, but he tires easily, and he's had cardiac issues. I'm told he actually fell overboard earlier last year.

This hard working and talented gentleman deserves to rest in his twilight years. If retirement is on the horizon, we wish him well, and continued long life!

If anyone sees him soon, give him our regards.

Chris & Joyce
    Kaukauna, Wisconsin
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

We were at CSA last April and he was on one of the 2 cruises we took that week. Both cruises had different crews and both were quite different. One was pretty laid back and the one with RR was rockin'. The cruise with RR was way better. He's the best!!

We did go back to CSA last February and were so lucky to see him. And we are going back again this February and hope to see him again. He is awesome and so are the rest of the catermeran cruise!

Missed him this time around. We were just there for New Years at CN and he was doing only the Sat night cruise which was rained out.

Rasta was on the catamaran in may 2013 when we were on it hope to see him next week

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Ralphie has been a highlight of many of our Negril stays. We've been honored to have him bestow a Rastafarian blessing on our marriage (35 years and going strong), twice.

We didn't catch him on our last visit (May, 2010), but we sent him our regards. In May 2009, I asked him how he has been... he told me that he's been well, but he tires easily, and he's had cardiac issues. I'm told he actually fell overboard earlier last year.

This hard working and talented gentleman deserves to rest in his twilight years. If retirement is on the horizon, we wish him well, and continued long life!

If anyone sees him soon, give him our regards.

Chris & Joyce
    Kaukauna, Wisconsin

Appleton, WI Here!

I really want to meet the infamous Rasta Ralphie. What day does he normally cruise?