Thread: Running at CSS

Default Running at CSS

We prefer to run outside. I see there is a small pond. Does anyone know how far it is around?
    Any suggestions for running?

If you go to the meetup thread, you'll see that HalfMarathonDon and I have a nice CSS running thread going.

Here's what we do: We start on the loop around the pond. Then run in front of A&B blocks. Up the stairs, past the Mineral Pool and Spa. Up some more stairs, past the Hibiscus cottage and down a couple of hills back to the pond/track. That makes about a mile. You could reverse it if you prefer to run up hills and down stairs, but I find that going down stairs is just a bit to challenging for my knees and balance.

I will admit, however, that after the 4th or 5th lap, staff and people at breakfast are starting to wonder. But we do it anyway. If I were to run just around the pond, I'd get dizzy. When are you going to be there?
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

I am not a jogger, but I think the track around the pond is a third of a mile.
    Steve

The track around the pond is flat & approx 1/4 mile. I'm a runner and I usually combine the track with the roadway (very steep hills)within CSS, the walkways around CSS and many stairs. All combined it adds up to approx 3/4 mile. At home I usually run 6 to 8 miles a day. Compared to home 6 laps around CSS makes for a very challenging run!!!

I'm not sure how far the path is around the pond, but I would guess somewhere close to a mile. That is the only place to run on property and I wouldn't suggest running outside of the property. The streets are too narrow and the drivers are crazy!
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Last year, my husband ran in the morning down the road to CTI where they welcomed him with a bottle of water.

Despite all the naysayers you'll hear from, it was perfectly safe. There is a large paved area at the side of the road, and there are many pedestrians so drivers there are very aware of people on the street.

There is a jogging trail around the pond. I believe it is 1/3 mile, but I could be off. It winds around the pond and tennis courts, and has a lovely view of the mountains and a peek at the ocean. To extend his run, Bob would start out at the fitness center; after doing some weights, he would run up the steps to the top of the resort, then wind his way down the hill to the pond. You can get a great workout running around the service roads.

Default Running

I have not run from CSS but I did run into the hills outside CTI without any problems. We will be at CSS in Feb 11 and I plan to once again run in the areas outside the resort. The people I did meet on my runs were friendly and waved as I went by. Just watch the traffic and the dogs.

Thanks for this info. Looking forward to our daily AM run at SS in early December. This is our first time here; we love running the beach at CN. Hills...yeah!