Default Tipping for Tim Air??

My husband and I have decided to take Tim Air both ways to CSA. Is there anyone that I should tip? The pilot?, the rep.? We have never done this before and any help would be appreciated. What does everyone else do?

we tip the pilot $20 each way...and $5 or $10 to the guy handling bags...depending on how much you have...
    kevin

Default TimAir is the BEST!!

On the way to the resort we tip the shuttle driver $5--he takes you from the International terminal to the domestic one. The TimAir baggage guys $1/bag and the pilot $20.

On the way back we tip the guy at the Negril airport $5 and the pilot $20.

On our last trip--March 2010, the TimAir plane pulled up to the International terminal and a TimAir baggage guy took our bags right up to the American counter. We gave him $5.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

We tipped just the pilot Curtis. My wife sat up front with him and he let her fly the plane. Curtis did a great job pointing out land marks and made the quick flight very fun. I got some great photos from the plane as well.

We tip the pilot and last time we flew there was a guy who took our bags from the plane to the airport terminal. It was pouring rain and he was standing there waiting for us with two umbrellas. One for each of us. We also tipped him.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

We've always tipped the pilot (Curtis all but 1 time) $20 for the one way trip we've taken from Negril to Mobay. That's cheap for the entertainment and points of interest he provides.

Hi,
    Good question. We took Tim Air on our last trip to CSA, in July. We tipped the Pilot when we got to MBJ but weren't sure what the usual ettiquette was. Our take on the situation was that tipping was fairly common, he didn't seem awkward when we tipped him, very gracious and thankful but none of the "this is different, what do I do" energy that often accompanies a situation of social faux pas. We're really curious to hear what others say.

Yes, believe it or not, it is a good idea to tip the pilot. As Curtis the pilot told us in January, "You only have to tip me if we get there safely." He was a great pilot. We were the only ones on the flight, so we tipped $20. We also tipped the baggage handlers.

You will probably get Curtis as your pilot. We tip him about $20.00 for the two of us.

We have flown on Tim Air and other planes on the island. We never tipped the pilot. You don't tip the pilot who flew you to Jamaica.

I am glad I asked this question. My husband said the same thing as Beth, You don't tip the pilot of West Jet who is flying us to Jamaica.

Once you meet Curtis you will want to tip him. He is one of the nicest guys that you will meet. Someone told me that he has something like 10,000 hours of flying time--15 minutes at a time. TimAir is an air taxi service, not an airline.

Fly one time and experience Jamaica in a completely new way. The island is beautiful.

Thanks for that beautiful pic yazmon. I am so excited, and glad I asked the question. Thank you for all your responses. Now I know what to do, and so does my husband.

BobanJudy...funny Curtis told us the same thing. We tipped more than $20 but only because he was the one loading and unloading the baggage.

The one thing i've told others before is if this is your first trip to Jamaica you should take the shuttle at least once to really see the countryside and the people. One trip it was just us and our friends on the shuttle so we stopped a few times along the way. We were on island time!!

Either way you go you'll have fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by yazmon View Post
    Once you meet Curtis you will want to tip him. He is one of the nicest guys that you will meet. Someone told me that he has something like 10,000 hours of flying time--15 minutes at a time. TimAir is an air taxi service, not an airline.

Fly one time and experience Jamaica in a completely new way. The island is beautiful.
    Hey Yaz! Youre right, Curtis is the best! BTW we are trying our CTI this Feb. Wanna join us or are you too connected(emotionally) to CSA? Amy & Dave and Susan and I are hittin up CTI for a change. Come join us?

Hey Jeff-- we have CSA booked. I would like to try another Couples resort, but the two other couples are hooked on CSA.

Give me a full report on CTI. At least your diving ability should be better this year!!

You should get them to expand their minds a bit and go to CTI. Although, I do understand the draw they feel to CSA, I love it there too, even after my last time there. I am looking forward to a totaly different experience at CTI than my last CSA vacation! I dont think broken toes and vertigo would be easy to handle AGAIN. I will definately give you our report on the "total" experience. As far as the diving goes, I am really looking forward to making bubbles on the Ocho side of the island. When we were at CSS a few years ago the diving was GREAT! So much more to see and the coral formations were bountiful and very colorful. I remember seeing a giant crab in a "coral cave" if you will, that had a claw as big as my forearm from my elbo to the tips of my fingers. Cant wait to see it again. Tell Suzanne and the others Hi for us will you?

Does anyone know the price from Negril to Ocho Rios? Thanks.

Hi everyone,
    We just flew Tim Air a couple of weeks ago and it was wonderful as always. Like many others, we tip the pilot $20 and the baggage handlers/staff $5-10 each.
    It's obviously personal preference, but there's a big difference between Tim Air and commercial airlines, so I think tipping makes sense, but that's just my opinion.
    For all the Kurtis fans: Kurtis flew us back to MoBay from Negril, he missed the trip to Negril because he was in Panama interviewing for a new job with the Panamanian airline. It's a great opportunity for him, much more money, he'll be flying 737's and they'll relocate and pay expenses for him and his family.
    While we have our fingers crossed he gets the job, we'll miss him when we do our annual trips to Jamaica!
    Cheers,
    Terri