Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

suenmark
    You do not need dinner reservations. All repeaters are automatically invited.

Are you told in advance what the menu will be? My wife is not a big fan of red meat (or lobster). She grew up with a father who worked in packing houses, so steak was served more often than not. Anyway, she'd probably prefer chicken to steak. If she wants to request a change in menu, I would prefer to give the chef advanced warning as opposed to making the request at the actual repeaters' dinner. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by NeedBlueWater; November 4th, 2010 at 10:06 AM.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Thanks Jimnmariann!!

I believe they always offer both a fish (Lobster) and meat for each. My wife prefers steak and I like the lobster. We just trade off each plate. This was our third time and first time to the repeat dinner. It was very nice and fun to talk with others to share stories. It was also nice to have a staff person at each table to ask questions. They also allowed us to request recipes for a specific dish. The printed reside was delivered to our room the next day. The diner does take a bit longer then at the restaurants but worth the time.

Until this past year I would have recommended the Repeater's Dinner. We usually have real Surf n Turf but this past year at CSS they served Chicken & Snapper. It was alright. We eat a lot of chicken at home so the last thing I want on vacation is chicken. The best Repeater's Dinner has been at CN. At CTI I was very disappointed because they have it the same night as the Beach Party, unless this has changed since 2009. I'd rather do the beach party but my husband likes the repeater's dinner. At CSS this year the repeater's dinner lasted so long we missed the nightly entertainment and they supposedly had someone really good we wanted to see. Oh well. Next yeat is CN so we'll probably go. We do enjoy talking with the staff at the repeater's dinner. We converse with the staff all week so to me it doesn't really matter. I go more for my husband. It's only one night. I don't mean to sound ungrateful to Couples because I do think it's a lovely idea. Everyone should go at least once and make your own determination.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedBlueWater View Post
    Are you told in advance what the menu will be? My wife is not a big fan of red meat. She grew up with a father who worked in packing houses, so steak was served more often than not. Anyway, she'd probably prefer chicken to steak. If she wants to request a change in menu, I would prefer to give the chef advanced warning as opposed to making the request at the actual repeaters' dinner. Any suggestions?
    No, you are not told in advance of the menu, but there is nothing to worry about. During the welcoming at the beginning of the dinner (at CN anyway), you are told that if there is anything on the menu that you can't have or just don't like, to talk to the chef and he will discuss other options with you. Misja is very good with this and since they make so much food every night for the other restaurants, you will not have a problem getting something you like. I got an alternate soup the last time we were there.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Need Blue Water: Not to worry.....at the dinner you can tell them your preference. In the past, I've had two lobster tails instead! With the large repeaters dinner's, they've been transferred outdoors. (at least the last two we attended)

The food is as wonderful as at the restaurants. The plus is spending time with the special staff that make Couples a special place. We also sat with a group of people that we had become friends with over the course of the week and we had the lovely, funny, entertaining Byron at our table. My only complaint was the table was not served in turn so they made Byron wait at each service. I spoke up and made sure he was served in turn.

I want to attend the repeaters dinner, but I am a vegetarian. I'd love to hear from vegetarians what their experience was of the dinner. hat were you served? I don't eat chicken, fish, meat, or seafood.

ct ti fan,

I agree that I think the Couples staff member you are sitting with is served in turn and at our first repeaters dinner two years ago I said as much. The question that I was asked was "do you serve your guests at home before you serve yourself?" When I answered but of course, I was gentley reminded that it was the same thing. As far as the staff is concerned, even at the repeaters dinner, we are their guests in their home and it is the same, they want their guests served first. Even when the staff member is joining use for dinner.

If you have a lot of time and other meals to enjoy with your friends, I would go. It's a fun, intimate experience and nice to mingle with the management. We were at CN, and the food was delish. You start in the Piano Bar with a special cocktail party, then head down to Otehite. They introduce the head chef, pastry chef, etc. who make these fantastic meals and it was nice putting faces with the names. We kind of got screwed at our particular table as we had the one manager who didn't talk and a guest who wouldn't stop talking. However, we did end up meeting people I'd conversed with on here (and ironically live near) but hadn't run into at the resort yet. It was fun and we will go again.

SuenMark - if you don't get your invite, mention it to someone at reception or the person taking reservations for the restaurant. We were mistakenly not indicated as repeaters but as soon as we notified them we received our invite to dinner and our repeat guests gifts.

I've been to the repeater's dinner twice at CSA, and I can't imagine not doing it if you qualify. The food is great, but it's just about irrelevant. The first time we went we ran into people who regularly travel all over the Caribbean and had lots of really interesting information about a variety of resorts. The second time wasn't quite so wonderful, but the people were very interesting. There is a camaraderie amongst people returning to couples that creates an environment that is really unique. I would definitely do it!

[QUOTE=KarenON;97660]We have been to 2 Repeater's Dinner at CSS, and each one was a great evening of food and fun! We had the pleasure of sitting with Michelle Gordon from Sales on each occasion, and shared a lot of laughter, and wonderful food, not to mention the two $100 gift certificates to the Jewelry Box that we won![/QUOTE

We have been to Couples TI on two occasions and will be staying at CSS for the first time in March 2011. We are getting mixed messages regarding what might be on the menu for the CSS Repeaters Dinner. Can I get some concensus of what has previously been served at the CSS repeaters dinner to help us make our decision on whether or not to attend. Thanks

We've been to MANY repeaters dinners at CSA over the years and each one is unique and different. The size of the crowd differs, the menu is never the same from year to year and the staff rotate from week to week so you aways get to meet staff you may never have met before. It's always good making connections with staff as they may be able to help you if you need it. When we were there last February, there must have been over 200 people at the repeaters dinner, which speaks volumes about how everyone feels about Couples and/or CSA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2