Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Tropical Storm Thomas

Dear guests
    Some of you are scheduled to arrive to Jamaica soon.
    Based on NOAA predictions Jamaica is now under 5 days cone of influence of the Tropical Storm Thomas.
    Currently, our Resorts are not affected, we are open to all arrivals and the weather is nice.
    We will be watching weather evolution and NOAA announcements closely. Updates will be posted here on the message board.
    http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at1...daynl#contents

As you know Couples Resorts has a hurricane policy
    This policy applies only if:
    The storm is declared a hurricane
    and
    Jamaica is under 3 days cone of influence as per NOAA
    http://couples.com/01-HurricanePolicy.htm

Ivonna Szelerska
    Couples Resorts
    Last edited by Couples Resorts; October 30th, 2010 at 11:24 AM.
    Irie i
    Ivonna Szelerska
    Couples Resorts

Default Arriving 10/31

Oh no. Looks kind of scary. What do we do?

Here is a great view of TS Tomas:

http://www.stormpulse.com/tropical-storm-tomas-2010

Default Tropical storm Thomas

Does look kinda scary we are due to get married 13 nov arriving 6th nov. Will we still be affected? x

I don't know what to do, my husband and I are supposed to arrive at CN Monday morning. I am so depressed right now...

Default Arriving 11/1

Looks like it might be a rainy week with or without the hurricane! When does one's insurance kick in to cancel and re-book the trip?

My husband and I are scheduled to depart for CN this Friday. This storm really has us worried. Our travel agent seems optimistic, but given the models, we are fearing the worst.

Default Thomas...

"Just Me"... Joe D.

We are trying to decide what to do right now too. How easy is it to get the shuttle to leave the resort quickly if needed and get a flight out of there?

We're scheduled to arrive Nov 7... hope we don't have to cancel!!!

As of 6pm now Hurricane Thomas Cat 1; hoping it turns to miss Jamaica, and also all land! May all be safe and sound!

We're meant to be travelling [to CTI] on the 4th.

Should we be worried?

Default Crossing Fingers

We're due to arrive on Thursday. First ever real vacation. Please hurricane, go away and don't come back another day.

Are there any updates to Tropical Storm Tomas, it looks like it has become a hurricane. I will be there this Saturday so hope it will go away by that time!

Update frequently, please for nervous travelers.

Is there any way we can get a hold of someone from Couples today. We are supposed to fly out early tommorrow morning and need to talk about switching the reservation because of the hurricane.

Quote Originally Posted by JDzWife View Post
    Here is a great view of TS Tomas:

http://www.stormpulse.com/tropical-storm-tomas-2010
    Wow! That is a really great map for tracking hurricanes and tropical storms. Great find. I will be bookmarking this for the future.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

Are there any updates to the hurricane and how its going to affect Jamaica?? I will be there this Saturday and dont want it lingering around!

I tried calling the 800 number and they are closed on Sunday. We're supposed to fly out on Wednesday and I hate to get there and then have to evacuate the next day. I'll lose the airfare even if Couples gives a credit for the resort days.

I Think we all need to be praying for Haiti. It looks like that poor little country is in line for a direct. Please God, haven't they had enough?

We are supposed to be arriving on the 8th. Here's hoping it clears up by then.

We are scheduled to arrive Friday Nov 5 for 5 nights. Wondering if we should try to schedule 1 week later.

We're going with the flow on this one...we leave Tuesday, arrive Wednesday. The Stormpulse link is a good one to see the track and that the forecasted route continues to change, currently more north and away from Jamaica. If we have a few cloudy/rainy days at the end of our trip, so be it - we're still coming!

Default Hope to celebrate with sunshine

My husband and I are planning to celebrate our 20th anniversary at CTI, starting 11/5. I sure hope the predictions for Tomas are ALL wrong! We have been so excited and looking forward to this, now just feeling sick and sad ...

It's probably still too early to have a good understanding of the true potential impact to Jamaica. We are scheduled to arrive on Saturday and as long as flights are running, we will be there.

We have been to Jamaica a number of times... the same week every year. One time, we got caught in the tail end of a hurricane. The rooms on the first floor flooded. But, the storm ended and they started to fix things up immediately. All was back to normal in a couple of days.

The bottom line is that the resort will do everything in it's power to make things right. Actually, it has become one of our favorite memories. The good thing about rain in JA is that it is so warm it is almost fun to be out in it. We would be happy without the wind though.

Keep the positive thoughts going. Hopefully the storm will miss or be greatly diminished. Hope to see everyone at CSS on Saturday.

Keep it IRIE!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast