Default Dolphin Cove Negril?

The wife and I will be taking our first trip to Jamaica next June 2011 and will be staying at CN. A must do for the better half is to swim with the Dolphins. Is the Dolphin Cove at Negril open yet? When we did a google search, the first phase was supposed to be open in August, then the second phase the end of October. Can't find much on their website yet regarding details & pricing for Negril,

My wife and I were at CN a few weeks ago. On the way back to the airport the bus driver told us it should be open in a couple of months. I'm not sure how accurate his info was, but it sounds like it should be open in plenty of time for your trip in June.

I googled it and found this: http://www.dolphincovejamaica.com/
    Does this mean it is open and closer to couples Negril? Is this an option for an excursion that won't take 3 hours to drive to? This is my dream to swim with dolphins, but not willing to take a whole entire day away from CN to do it.

Here's what the facebook wall says:
    Dolphin Cove It's finally here. Dolphin Cove Negril will be open for business tomorrow (September 1, 2010). Call 876-974-5335 for more information.
    Hope this helps.

I always wanted to swim with dolphins as well. Then I watched the movie "The Cove", and now the thought turns my stomach. If I had never seen the movie I would be very excited about being able to swim with them in Negril, but now I've got these horrific images planted in my head. I would still love to swim with them but I just can't bring myself to do it. I guess if it's ever going to happen it will have to be a chance encounter while diving.

I also checked out their facebook page and they have pictures of people at the Negril park. So I assume part of it is open, they said to stayed tuned for the expansion. I've been wondering the same thing because it was supposed to me open last May.

Quote Originally Posted by mysandytoes View Post
    I always wanted to swim with dolphins as well. Then I watched the movie "The Cove", and now the thought turns my stomach. If I had never seen the movie I would be very excited about being able to swim with them in Negril, but now I've got these horrific images planted in my head. I would still love to swim with them but I just can't bring myself to do it. I guess if it's ever going to happen it will have to be a chance encounter while diving.
    I also watched this film......its so sad and totally changed my view of swimming with captive Dolphins.

Here is the response I received from Dolphin Cove:

"Yes it is open. We currently offer three dolphin programs there and have great shopping available. We will be adding to the park as time goes by. Stay tuned to Facebook for updates."[/B][/B]

How much does it cost, didn't see any prices listed?

I swam w the dolphins in Mexico before I saw the cove and it made me sick...the water was dirty I felt bad for the dolphins...never again.
    Erika & Sean

OK here goes! My wife always gets a laugh out of this. I dont swim in the ocean, even on our Honeymoon in Hawaii. Not a big thing I guess But I am afraid of the open water. Nopen correction I have always had some sort of fear about water. I have been in a swimming pool and thought that something is also in the water. lol. Well I swim like a fish but have had a problem in that i have this "shark" phobia. OK where am I going with this. I have always wanted to swim with the dolphins. Now the question is? Is there aan area close to CSS that has the same spot as CN?
    Jon & Heather
    May '05, Feb '11 - CSS

Making arrangements for February 2012!

This is the information I received for Dolphin Cove in Negril when I e-mailed them Friday Nov. 12, 2010 Yes they are open.

Please see rates for Dolphin Cove Negril below

** All rates attract 10% Tax

ADMISSION

Watch the dolphins at play watch family and friends interact with the dolphins and Shopping –

Coming soon!!! – Interaction with the Stingrays

Adults – US $9.00

Children (ages 6-11) – US $6.00

TOUCH AND KISS THE DOLPHIN IN KNEE-HIGH WATER

Adults – US $31.00

Children 6-11 Years US $22.00

ENCOUNTER SWIM –

BELLY RIDE FROM ONE DOLPHIN IN DEEP WATER

Adults – US $93.00

Children 11 years and under US $ 65.00

SWIM WITH -

DORSAL PULL AND FOOT PUSH FROM TWO (2) DOLPHINS IN DEEP WATER

Adults – US $159.00

Children 11 years and under – US $111.00

You may make your reservation online at www.dolphincovejamaica.com/reservations.htm

Warm regards,

Laleesha

Laleesha Chamberlain

Executive Assistant

Dolphin Cove Ltd.

P.O. Box 21, Ocho Rios,

St Ann Jamaica W.I.

Tel: 876.974.5335; 876.795.2272 ext 222.

Fax: 876.974.9208

email: lchamberlain@dolphincovejamaica.com

info@dolphincovejamaica.com

www.caymandolphincove.com

Default Greetings

This is the information I received for Dolphin Cove in Negril when I e-mailed them Friday Nov. 12, 2010 Yes they are open.

Please see rates for Dolphin Cove Negril below

** All rates attract 10% Tax

ADMISSION

Watch the dolphins at play watch family and friends interact with the dolphins and Shopping –

Coming soon!!! – Interaction with the Stingrays

Adults – US $9.00

Children (ages 6-11) – US $6.00

TOUCH AND KISS THE DOLPHIN IN KNEE-HIGH WATER

Adults – US $31.00

Children 6-11 Years US $22.00

ENCOUNTER SWIM –

BELLY RIDE FROM ONE DOLPHIN IN DEEP WATER

Adults – US $93.00

Children 11 years and under US $ 65.00

SWIM WITH -

DORSAL PULL AND FOOT PUSH FROM TWO (2) DOLPHINS IN DEEP WATER

Adults – US $159.00

Children 11 years and under – US $111.00

You may make your reservation online at www.dolphincovejamaica.com/reservations.htm

Warm regards,

Laleesha

Laleesha Chamberlain

Executive Assistant

Dolphin Cove Ltd.

P.O. Box 21, Ocho Rios,

St Ann Jamaica W.I.

Tel: 876.974.5335; 876.795.2272 ext 222.

Fax: 876.974.9208

email: lchamberlain@dolphincovejamaica.com

info@dolphincovejamaica.com

www.caymandolphincove.com