Default in room mini bar worth the extra $$

We are going to CTI in December and didn't realize until after I had made the reservations that the mini bar was only included in a suite room, which we did not get. We booked the premier ocean. I know you can pay extra to have the mini bar in your room but is it worth it. We are looking forward to relaxing on the balcony & in our room & would like to be able to have a drink whenever we feel like it. How long into the night can you get drinks at the resort & can you get more than 1 at a time to take back to your room.

I can only speak to CSS, but I believe it is the same at all Couples. The bar will be stocked based on your request when you arrive. No charge. But they do not serve the mini bar after around 5:00 PM. So, if your arriving late on the first day, request the bar be stocked ASAP. Otherwise you will be without that night cap the first night. You can, of course, go to the bar and get whatever you like and yes, I believe you can order drinks from room service up till 11PM. But, NO you do not pay for liquor at any Couples Resort.

I've gotten a couple or so drinks to take back to my room no problem.

If the mini bar is the only reason to upgrade imo your better dollar wise to just to grab a bottle of something on the way down duty free, or just take drinks back to your room.

The main bar is open late 11 or 12 I think, and the piano bar is open until people leave, so that can vary.

The other resorts have seen the mini bars make it to all the rooms so maybe it will happen at CTI as well.

Default interesting question

We have reserved a Premier room too, for 10 days in january. I would like some responses back for this too.
    Thanks Scott

Just try to get one of the buildings close to all the main stuff. I think building 1 or 2. We were in building 5 without a minibar and once the swim up bar closed we had to go all the way to the other side of the resort to get a drink. I missed having a minibar, but my husband said he really didn't miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by jimitz View Post
    We are going to CTI in December and didn't realize until after I had made the reservations that the mini bar was only included in a suite room, which we did not get. We booked the premier ocean. I know you can pay extra to have the mini bar in your room but is it worth it. We are looking forward to relaxing on the balcony & in our room & would like to be able to have a drink whenever we feel like it. How long into the night can you get drinks at the resort & can you get more than 1 at a time to take back to your room.
    We've stayed with mini bar at CSS and without at CTI. The only time at CTI that you really couldn't get a drink is at breakfast but then again, there's champagne to make mimosas. Having the minibar at CSS was nice because we had a group that would go over to SSB at night and we just took stuff from the minibar. At CTI, we went to the Spa hottub one night with some friends and we just grabbed 5-10 cans of beer from the Pool Bar (no problem mon). That's the best thing about couples, pretty much anything you want, they'll accomodate you.

At CN it's included but I can't say we use it much. The bars open at 10 and closes well after we're asleep. And there is champagne at breakfast for those who can't wait. The bars will let you take drinks to your room. I suppose the answer depends on how much time you spend in your room and how much the convenience is worth -- no one can answer that but you.

If you are getting the suite for the drinks, don't. If you want more space, then yes, splurge. We did the Jr. suite, we do not drink alcohol, just asked for extra sodas, but they would only stock a minimal amount of soda and juice each day. We got it for the view and space, , not for availability of alcohol. If I went again, I would do reg. ocean view rooms. We did not spend that much time in our room, too much to do!!!

We LOVE having the mini bar in our room at CSS, so we can make drinks and sit on the balcony and enjoy them without having to go down to a bar, but its one of those things that depends on the person. That might not be as important to some people as it is to us.

To be honest. I appreciate the non alcoholic drinks in the mini bar more. I sometimes wake up... um... a bit dehydrated. So having some juice or soda nearby is a big help.

Is the mini bar worth the extra money? IMHO no, not by itself. I would not upgrade my room choice just for the mini-bar.

I would not spend more just for that

I think I would want to spend the extra money on the Jacuzzi with a view

CTI bars are great about letting you take stuff back to your room. We've been given bottles of wine and champagne and a six pack of beer in a champagne cooler to take back to our room. The only thing they didn't give us was a 5th of something. So no need to worry about not getting a mini-bar. We've been in rooms with and without the minibars and honestly it didn't make a huge difference to us.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Hey thanks everyone for your replies. That helps alot. I think we will spend the extra $$$ on something else. We cannot wait. Our first time in Jamaica. We will be at CTI Dec 2 thru 9!!

My feelings on this subject is different. I want a minibar in my room. I have been to other AI that include minibars & have used them to the fullest. I am not the one for bringing or dragging liquor back to my room. I want it to b there when I get there. This is the reason my husband & I booked the Ocean Jr. Suite. I am not carrying bottles of liquor with me. I want to b able to sit on my balcony and have as many drinks as need be without having to worry about running out. I think the minibar is a personal preference!!!! Some people don't need them but, my husband & I do.

This has actually been our same debate over the last few days, as we will be heading to CTI for our honeymoon in 2 weeks!!! When I looked into the cost of the upgrade it did not seem worth it to me just for a mini-bar and based on all of your input, it seems like we are making the right decision.
    We cant wait for our first trip to Jamacia. Nov 28-Dec5

We had a mini bar in our first room when we arrived, Didn't use it at all. Maybe thats just us but when we got moved to our Deluxe Ocean View the mini bar did not get missed at all

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a bottle of wine or a bottle of champagne from the bars to take back to your room? Can we request our mini bar be stocked with wine and champagne as well. Its always nice to have the option to sit in your room or veranda with the beverage of your choice without hunting down a drink.

We loved our mini bar at CSA just because it was the only place you could get Clamato Juice! When we went to CTI we really didn't miss it at all.