Thread: Help!

Hybrid View

Default Help!

Hi! I've recently decided to have my wedding at Couples!...although I haven't decided a date or which resort

anyway, one problem that I want to get cleared up in the beginning planning process is the problem of having a kid at the ceremony. We are having a smaller ceremony with only our close family and a few friends(probably around 15 people) and my fiances parents will be bringing their youngest son who will be 11years old. I read that you are allowed to have a child at the ceremony(with a pass), but that they must leave immediately after. I'm planning on having a big reception back at home for everyone to celebrate, so while at Couples, I wasn't planning on having a private reception, but rather just making a reservation for us to eat at one of the restaurants @ the resort. (I know they typically don't accept parties over 6 but I'm hoping they'll make an exception as they have done for numerous other brides).

so to make a long story short I was just wondering if anyone else has been in this type of situation? is there an affordable resort or hotels nearby that his parents or other friends could stay at?

Plenty of hotels along 7-mile that accept families. Define affordable. The "B" resort is right next door. The Issa's have a non-Couples property a few minutes walk down the beach (Idle Awhile); numerous others withing walking distance to be sure!!

See the map mentioned in another recent thread, or it can be found on Negril.com .

One thing I can say for sure is that I've not seen exceptions made for minors in any of the restaurants for wedding parties in our previous 7 visits. Perhaps I'm just not observant enough. We have, however, seen children at the weddings and at the little champaigne/cake receptions several times.

Good luck!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

I should add that our resort of choice is SweptAway... I should have noted that...
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"