Default CSA Review 10/23-11/2

Just returned from our 4th trip (2nd at CSA). It was amazing. As soon as we arrived at the resort my husband turned to me and said it didn't feel like it had been a year since we were there. We just fell right back in where we left off last year. It was great. We love the place.
    We felt the food was a little better last year. But it was still amazing. We especially like the great quality and variety of food at the beach party and international night. Feathers of course was out of this world. The only suggestion we may have is at Lemongrass. The menu doesn’t change and we would love to see more variety. Maybe include some Japanese and Chinese courses rather than just the same Thai dishes. Maybe even add some sushi rolls to the appetizer menu.
    This year we stayed in an atrium suite instead of the beachfront suite and it was very nice. The reason we got the atrium is because my husband wanted the hammock so bad... but we used it once for like 15 minutes. lol So next year we will book the beach front suite again. We would prefer to step out of our door and onto the beach and we missed the sound of the ocean at night.
    We were a little disappointed in our airport shuttle drivers both ways. They didn't talk to the passengers at all which makes for kind of a long drive. And they did not stop half way for a little break. Customs was a breeze. Especially coming in on a Saturday. It was very quick.
    The weather was great, the mornings especially. Once the afternoon got closer the wind seemed to kick up a little and of course there were some afternoon showers here and there. The weather was better last year but I think it's just been one of those years. So we got most of our sun and water time in the morning.
    The staff was of course amazing. We cannot say enough about them. Winston, Cardo, and Eduardo at the martini bar are without a doubt three of the most amazing and fun guys we have ever met at Couples. We really look forward to seeing them next year. They really took our trip to the next level and they will be missed. Curt and Onique are great. We met them last year and could not wait to see them again this year. They are good people and we look forward to seeing them next year.
    The entertainment staff on the other hand we didn't feel were all that great. They seem to have a different persona and I don't feel they had the personality to engage with the staff as some of the regular staff members. They seem to have a bit of an attitude and it is very uncomfortable. And their performances were very much lacking. The juggler at the beach party was just horrible. I lost count how many times he dropped the items he was juggling. The Halloween performance they did was not very good. It looked like something they threw together 5 minutes before the show. The best entertainment was the steel drums and the small band that played at the beginning of the beach party. We also enjoyed the Halloween contests. It's about time!!! They did not have that last year and it was a lot of fun. Hopefully we will see more pumpkins and more costumes next year.
    We are already planning our trip back to CSA for 2011.

Thanks for taking the time to post a detailed review. I'd love to see an expanded menu at Lemongrass, too, since I always think of it as more "Pan Asian" than "Thai." But don't take away the appetizer platter! That's our favorite.

Interesting what you have to say about the entertainment staff. We always seem to connect to the wait staff, maybe because we both have worked in restaurants. We just adore them! However, on four trips to CSA, we've never gotten close to anyone on the entertainment staff.

I miss "Big D". He was one of the best that ever came through CSA's entertainment staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiff542 View Post
    I miss "Big D". He was one of the best that ever came through CSA's entertainment staff.
    We miss "Big D" as well!! On our first trip to CSA 5 yrs ago, we did a 5-5 split between CSA and CSS. Big D was on the concierge staff at CSA and we met him on our orientation tour. A super nice guy and he took care of us well during our stay at CSA. He then arranged our private transport between CSA to CSS with a great driver that stopped along the way for us to do a tour of Rose Hall and then for lunch at one of the local jerk shacks along the way! A great way to break up the 3 hours trip between the two resorts! We dearly miss our Big D!!
    Chris & Sharon's "Irie-licious 25th Anniversary Celebration" at CSA 11/24 - 12/1, 2012
    Celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary this year at our 6th visit to CSA (7th to Couples) - our Jamaican 'home'!

Enjoyed your review and agree about the entertainment staff. Delano and the others set the bar very high and it's not been the same since they left.
    We've spent many an evening at the Martini Bar over the past 5 trips and have enjoyed all the guys there. Winston and Cardo are great and I look forward to seeing them again in April.
    Clyon was the bartender at the Martini Bar on our first trip and is now a Team Leader {I think that's his title}. A nicer young man you couldn'f find. We meet up with him each year that we are there.

I want to make a correction to a typo in my review. I stated "They seem to have a different persona and I don't feel they had the personality to engage with the staff as some of the regular staff members." I meant to say that we felt they did not engage with the guests (not the staff). I apologize.
    I would also like to add when we were at Couples Ocho Rio (before the remodel and name change to Tower Isle) the entertainment staff was wonderful. Very nice, fun, performed well, and very involved with the guests.

Thanks for the great review. We were there approximately a week earlier than you were. All of the staff was great, but I must agree there was something lacking with especially ONE particular member of the entertainment crew. I don't know if the individual was having a bad day or what but I must say that this person was the MOST negative person I've ever met a CSA. I know we all can't stay UPBEAT all the time, but if a person is going to be on the entertainment crew they need to be the BEST of the BEST when it comes to attitude. But CSA is a wonderful place isn't it. Sometimes you don't realize just how much until you are back home. Thanks for the review.

Quote Originally Posted by yookster View Post
    I want to make a correction to a typo in my review . . . .
    Unlike the old MB, it's possible to make corrections to your own posts once they appear on the MB. If you look at the bottom of any posts you make, there is an "edit" key. If you use the edit function, you can correct errors in your original post and don't have to create a new post to address any errors.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).