Thread: upgrade

Default upgrade

Does CSA ever give upgrades to Honeymooners?

Couples rexorts no longer gives free upgrades to honeymooners or romance rewards members.

I did not hear that "RR" members no longer got an upgrade. I know it depends on availability but I don't remember seeing that it ended.

From a September 1, 2010, post from Randymon:

"[T]here will be a couple of changes to the Passionate Love level - as soon as the automation is worked out.

"Rather than the one category upgrade that is seldom available and issuing a $100 check for Passionate Love members staying at least 7 nights, we will be adding $200 resort credit to your account for your next stay.

"That is, you stay 7 nights this time and next time you have $200 to spend at the resort.

"We anticipate a January 1 launch, however, I will let everyone know if there is an earlier date."

While it's possible that I missed another post by Randymon eliminating the upgrade for Romance Rewards members at the Passionate Love level, according to Randymon's September post, the upgrade is still possible through the end of the year.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Upgrades will be done away with after the RR revamp. Jan, IIRC.

Randy has a post on here somewhere.

It's always best to book the room category that you want in order to avoid disappointment. That being said, there really are no bad rooms at CSA.
    nobody's favorite poster

If someone is already at the Passionate Level and we are going again for 8 nights next year, does this mean we won't receive the $100 plus we will have to wait until the next trip to receive the $200 resort credit. That doesn't make much sense. If you have already been receiving the $100 check, why wouldn't you automatically receive the $200 resort credit in lieu of the check? It certainly doesn't change our plans but I'm just curious so we know what to expect next July.

Everyone at Couples is celebrating a special time even if only the opportunity to be your S/O, so Couples does not upgrade just because you are honeymooners. You will get champagne and I think a couples massage if you have proof that you were married in the last 30 days.
    Last edited by Vickyj; November 12th, 2010 at 07:40 PM.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaandBruce.PA View Post
    If someone is already at the Passionate Level and we are going again for 8 nights next year, does this mean we won't receive the $100 plus we will have to wait until the next trip to receive the $200 resort credit. That doesn't make much sense. If you have already been receiving the $100 check, why wouldn't you automatically receive the $200 resort credit in lieu of the check? It certainly doesn't change our plans but I'm just curious so we know what to expect next July.
    That same question just popped into my head, too. We are also at the Passionate Level, stayed 7 nights this year, and have a 2011 trip booked.

Randy or Sean, has this been discussed yet?

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

Randymon,

This will be our 5th consecutive year at Swept Away and we are already at the Passionate Level, in fact we received the $100 check last year.
    Can we assume that for our trip this January 2011 that we will receive the $200 resort credit? We booked early to take advantage of the $500 resort credit promotion so would we have $700 resort credit?

I am with you on this one BrendaandBruce PA. You should be able to use it on your next visit as it is due to you. We are ready to go again in January and that would nice to spend it then as it is coming to us.

No worries. Passionate Love level members who are already booked as of November 12 for 2011 staying 7+ nights will have the $200 resort credit added to your room account.

We are working on the automation right now.

Couples Resorts

The free upgrade perk would have worked if it was implemented at the time of booking. That is, if you were a RR reward member at the passionate love level, they reserved a beachfront room for you but charged you for an ocean room.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Randymon,
    We booked 2 trips to CSA back in June for 2011. Are saying that when we go in Jan 2011 and April 2011 that we will reveive a $200credit added to our room each time instead of a $100 cheque issued to us on departure? I hope not. We booked in June to get the $500 credit. At that time the RR for the Pasionate level included the $100 cheque. We use that money towards things such as taking the Timair flight back to MoBay. I understand things change and that can be a good thing. However when we booked the cheque was part of RR program. Doesn't seem right to change things like that after people have booked. I know you will tell me that you are giving us a $200 resort credit instead of $100, but it's not the same to us. If I'd known about the changes to the RR I may not have booked in June. No matter how you look at it you shouldn't offer something and then take it away.

I suggest Couples honor the RR as they were at the time of the booking. At least give us - your most loyal guests - the chance to accept the $200 resort credit or stay with the cheque on departure. Only seems eithical to me to honor what you promised.

I'm fully expecting to take some heat on this. Please remember this is my opinion and it's based on what is going in my life.

Karon

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    No worries. Passionate Love level members who are already booked as of November 12 for 2011 staying 7+ nights will have the $200 resort credit added to your room account.

We are working on the automation right now.
    Will you work on automation to make sure nights stayed get credited? I have 7 nights uncredited, and am coming back in 2 weeks.

Randymon, you rock! Couples' executive management attention to their loyal clients has always been one of the primary reasons we keep returning. We're sure glad we tried y'all the first time in 1994!
    RandyZ

What about if you're arriving on 12/31 and staying for 7 nights? Do we still get the $200 resort credit? Technically, that's not 7 nights for EITHER 2010 or 2011. Just wondering.
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

Default RR changes

Hmmmm ... we liked it the other way. We booked for March and have the $500 resort credit. We'll book a private dinner, which leaves money for the spa and gift shop. Another $200? Seems like a lot for the spa and gift shop. We'd love it if we could spend it on a tour, but we were told you can't. I preferred the upgrade (got a great room at CTI in August, and were told it was b/c we were return guests) and the $100 cheque. Oh well -- any suggestions as to how to spend $700, w/o going to tours?
    CSS '10

I'm still confused. If I am understanding this correctly, if we booked prior to November 12th, which I did for our April 2011 trip to CN, we will get the $200 resort credit next April? Will we also be getting the $75.00 gift shop credit since we are at the Passionate level? Since I will be getting the $500.00 credit because I booked our trip back when this was offered, does this mean I'll have $775.00 in credits? I think I'll end up buying everything in the gift shop if that's the case. That wouldn't be very fair to the other guests lol.

Randymon, so just to be clear, if guests are booked as we are for October '11 for 7 nights, we will get the 500.00 credit plus the 200.00? Thanks.

Default Randymon - THANKS

Randymon, thanks so much for your response. We are so looking forward to our return trip next July to CN.
    Bruce and I would like to wish you and your family and our Couples family a Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. The holidays will all be here before we know it. And when they are done, we can start counting down our days to CN.

Can the resort credit be used to purchase an upgrade to the room category (if available)?
    Chris & Sharon's "Irie-licious 25th Anniversary Celebration" at CSA 11/24 - 12/1, 2012
    Celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary this year at our 6th visit to CSA (7th to Couples) - our Jamaican 'home'!

What about folks booking for less than 7 nights? No perks?

Default windsorgirl

I am pretty sure you can use your resort credits for a tour which is booked thru Couples. I believe I remember reading that anything you can charge to your room can be used for the resort credits. I guess we'll have to see if Randymon responds to this question.
    I would love to book the horseback riding tour from CN next year but will only do that if we can use our resort credits.

Default tours

ooohhh .. i hope you're right. We'd love to use part of the credit for a tour somewhere. I'm confused though. I've heard some people say you can use the $500 resort credit for tours, and some say "no". I'd love a definitive answer on this. We're pretty sure we'd like to do a private dinner, but if get an additional $200 as well for being passionate, a tour would be the way to go. :-)
    CSS '10