Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1

    Default Do not regret trying out SSB

    Wife and I just returned for CSS about a month ago. It was BY FAR the best vacation we have ever experienced.
    While there I ask the wife if she would be interested in trying totally nude sun bathing at SSB. She was very reluctant and I left it at that. I, in no way wanted to pressure her into doing something she didnt want to do. No way was I going to jeopardize this wonderful experience of staying at CSS. She even said that I could go over to SSB by myself if I wanted to. I said absolutely not. I told her that I would not disrespect the other guest by go nude sun bathing by myself. I didnt want to be looked upon as a gawkier, and did not want to make anyone feel uncomfortable.
    Since returning we have discussed it in more detail. She stated that before we went she thought the experience of nude sun bathing was more of a sexual thing. She now has thought about it and has realized that is not the case at all. She truly wishes that she would have tried it. She says the FREE feeling of sunbathing nude would have enhanced our whole experience at CSS.
    So any of you that are having second thoughts about trying out SSB, think about the thoughts and feelings my wife experience before and after going to CSS.
    But bottom line, enjoy yourselves. You are about to experience something truly magical when you stay at CSS. It is heaven on earth

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Thanks for this insigt...we are going soon and want to, but are nervous about ssb...thanks!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobkat View Post
    Thanks for this insigt...we are going soon and want to, but are nervous about ssb...thanks!
    Definitely go to SSB at the start of your holiday, you will love it. Totally friendly and non-judgmental, it feels great to be on the beach nude. Walking up to the bar the first time might get you out of your comfort zone, but after a drink or two, you will fit right in!

  4. #4

    Default

    Bob and Kathy, congrats on your 20th and on picking CSS to celebrate it. We did the same 5 years ago and it was the best trip of our lives, my wife cried the day we had to leave as she thought she would never be able to return to such a wondrful place. Happily we are preparing fro our 3rd trip to CSS in a couple of weeks to celebrate our 25th and can't wait to get back to SSB to see all our great friends.

    All the best on your trip and do try to get over to SSB you will really enjoy it.
    FONT="Verdana"]David and Jeanette, Nova Scotia[/FONT][/FONT]

  5. #5

    Default

    FuninJamaica - funny you say that as it is completely opposite with us. My wife is the one that is confident about herself. Not hard to see as she is very beautiful (at least in my eyes). We will be in CSS in Feb 2011 and will try to make the move to SSB but I am not going to prevent her from going to SSB just because I don't have the confidence.

    I am hoping that she will not be asked to leave because she is not with me.

    Is Couples Negril (CN) more of a clothing optional by the way the AN is set up. I hear that there is really no separation as the other beaches are. I might find it easier to be at CN then so that I can be close to my wife?
    Jon & Heather
    May '05, Feb '11 - CSS

    Making arrangements for February 2012!

  6. #6

    Default

    jon (jhs), If one set their mind to designing the most relaxing, unique and complete au-natural beach, they could not do much better than SSB. Tell yourself, convince yourself, that you will accompany your "confident" wife over there the very first day of your vacation at Sans Souci. She would not be asked to leave if she went alone, but this is Couples time and Sunset Beach is a very liberating couples experience.

    Trust me, body image, confidence level, being a social butterfly, none of that comes into play on SSB. There will be all types of folks there and you will most likely feel very comfortable in short order. You can be basically alone on one end of the beach, or party at the pool. It's your choice, no one will pressure you.

    My wife and I LOVE all of Sans Souci and everything about it. But truly, Sunset Beach is the most unique aspect of the resort and we are very, very glad it exists. HATS (and everything else!) OFF to Couples for offering us such a place. We will be there for the 5th time come late November.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    689

    Default

    Jon - CN is not clothing optional, both resort beaches are A/N only. The two beaches are separated by a large hedge, it's just the front of the beach that is open to everyone. I found it uncomfortable walking into the water on CN's beach as you have to be on the public beach to do that.
    (Karen&Paul)

  8. #8

    Default

    I can't agree with you more fabfifty we fell in love with Sans Souci 5 years ago when we vacationed there for our 20th anniv. Going back in two weeks time to celebrate our 25th and can hardly wait I even have most of my packing done. This was our first time on a nude beach and we were not sure what to expect but as everyone on the message board has said many a time it only takes a few minutes and you are hooked. We have tried to get back to Jamaica every year since and always book a place with a nude beach.
    FONT="Verdana"]David and Jeanette, Nova Scotia[/FONT][/FONT]

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    712

    Default

    Unless you are a horrible troll like creature, no one really cares about you on SSB. If you are a horrible troll like creature, it is likely that everyone will want to talk to you to ask what it is like to be a horrible troll like creature and then they will really not care about you. People go to the AN beach for the freedom, and not to worry about you. When I say "you", I mean the collective "you". I am in no way speaking of any specific person or persons, living or dead.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearso View Post
    Unless you are a horrible troll like creature, no one really cares about you on SSB. If you are a horrible troll like creature, it is likely that everyone will want to talk to you to ask what it is like to be a horrible troll like creature and then they will really not care about you. People go to the AN beach for the freedom, and not to worry about you. When I say "you", I mean the collective "you". I am in no way speaking of any specific person or persons, living or dead.

    Barry, you're too funny !! And, you make a very good point, may I add !!

    Jackie

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    712

    Default

    Thanks Jackie, Miss you guys. Miss SSB too :-(

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearso View Post
    Thanks Jackie, Miss you guys. Miss SSB too :-(
    Hey, we'll be in your state next week !! But, no where near you guys -- we're visiting Dave's sister & b-i-l in San Fran (Petaluma, actually). It'll be our 1st trip to CA !!

    We'll also be back at CSS next August (yes, already booked it !!), but I think you'll be at CN then, right ??

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    712

    Default

    Thats right, we will complete the 4 banger and have hit all 4 resorts. So far CSA and CSS are our favorites. Can't imagine the AN beach at CN is anywhere near as nice as SSB but we will see. HAve a safe trip to CA. Hope the weather is nice for you. It looks like the rainy season is upon us a bit right now...

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jhs View Post
    FuninJamaica - funny you say that as it is completely opposite with us. My wife is the one that is confident about herself. Not hard to see as she is very beautiful (at least in my eyes). We will be in CSS in Feb 2011 and will try to make the move to SSB but I am not going to prevent her from going to SSB just because I don't have the confidence.

    I am hoping that she will not be asked to leave because she is not with me.

    Is Couples Negril (CN) more of a clothing optional by the way the AN is set up. I hear that there is really no separation as the other beaches are. I might find it easier to be at CN then so that I can be close to my wife?
    We are going to be there for the first time in Feb. too and have the same reservations, but I have sunbathed nude on private balconies and in my back yard and the feeling of the warm tropical sun on by body is just too appealing to turn down, especially in what is being bragged up as the most romantic spot in Jamaica!! Easy to say from the comfort of my own home thousands of miles away LOL but what the heck, lets just go for it!!

  15. #15

    Default

    Holster & JHS, Connie and i were also 1st timers in Nov and never had been AN but the first full day we had a couple of Bob Marleys and headed to SSB, enjoyed it immensely and met some very friendly couples that have become dear friends. Go and experience it and like everyone says if it is not for you at least you know (probably wont ever leave).

    AN is meant for couples and at least make an appearance, people probably wont say anything to her but you will not be together which is why you are going to Couples in the first place.

  16. #16

    Default

    To all the above - Well you can't all be wrong..lol! Looks like I'm going to have to give it a try.
    Jon & Heather
    May '05, Feb '11 - CSS

    Making arrangements for February 2012!

  17. #17

    Default

    I will be there in February too. If you are worried about how you look I am a short, chunky, balding, old guy. Just get close to me and people will think you are a model!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Its all true. I was very nervous and stayed to the side (with my not so nervous hubby)for about a few hrs. Then the heat made me get up and go into the ocean...after that, it was to the bar, washroom and pool without a thought (well, maybe a thought but I didnt care anymore) It really is about "Getting over yourself" We played volleyball in the nude...and parked ourselves close to everyone on day 2. Talk about friendly! You would think that nude people would keep to themselves...total opposite. | would say that they are the friendliest people I have met...and we met many wonderful people that we will keep in touch with. As one employee said " They are like family here". I always joked that we as females have no more leverage--they see it all! It is not a sexual experience, but a liberating experience. Do go...you will get over yourself in no time at all and you'll want to go to an AN beach all the time. Trust me, if I could do it and walk around naked all day, you can too....and you will really enjoy it. I can honestly say that the people we met at SSB made our holiday...mingle and enjoy others company.

  19. #19

    Default which building is closest to the nude beach at CSS?

    which building is closest to the nude beach at CSS?

  20. #20

    Default

    A & B are the closest. They are the Beachfront suites. Wife and I stayed in B building. I believe I would prefer that to A building. The Main pool is right in front of A building. You wont be disappointed in either

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Building A & B are the ones near SSB. It is probably a few hundred yards walk from those buildings. It is a really nice walk by the pound and some beautiful grounds.

  22. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tambo View Post
    Its all true. I was very nervous and stayed to the side (with my not so nervous hubby)for about a few hrs. Then the heat made me get up and go into the ocean...after that, it was to the bar, washroom and pool without a thought (well, maybe a thought but I didnt care anymore) It really is about "Getting over yourself" We played volleyball in the nude...and parked ourselves close to everyone on day 2. Talk about friendly! You would think that nude people would keep to themselves...total opposite. | would say that they are the friendliest people I have met...and we met many wonderful people that we will keep in touch with. As one employee said " They are like family here". I always joked that we as females have no more leverage--they see it all! It is not a sexual experience, but a liberating experience. Do go...you will get over yourself in no time at all and you'll want to go to an AN beach all the time. Trust me, if I could do it and walk around naked all day, you can too....and you will really enjoy it. I can honestly say that the people we met at SSB made our holiday...mingle and enjoy others company.
    We just returned from css, and i could not agree more with Tambo, My feeling exactly. Their were some people that came
    over from CTI and had said how friendly the SSB was. You need to
    give a try you won't regret it. Trust us! I wish i was there
    right now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •