Default Ever paid for the upgrade once you arrived??

We are returning to couples for the 2nd time, now for our honeymoom. In the past we have been perfectly happy with the Garden rooms, but the hubby was thinking maybe this time to be special, we deserved an upgrade... our trip is only 10 days away, so we were wondering if anybody had ever upgraded upon arrival... I know it would be very dependant upon availability of course, but do you just pay the difference between rooms, or if we got a great deal when we booked forever ago, do we lose the savings and have to pay a ton more?
    I don't think it's going to affect our vacation much, since we will be perfectly content in a Garden Room, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask!!
    Thanks for your input!
    Shel

Shel,
    We did it several years ago. We upgraded from a Garden to a Beachfront Verandah Suite. We were there for 10 days and the upgrade cost about $800 or $900 for our stay.
    We took advantage of it. I'm not really sure how they work it but you can always ask if you can upgrade and how much and decide then.

I don't think you'd get the upgrade price from the sale. If available, you would proably have to pay the difference between the current prices of the two rooms. If you signed up for Romance Rewards, you may get a free ugrade. If one is available, you should get it for free because you are a repeater. You are a member of Romance Rewards aren't you???
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

We paid for an upgrade to a beachfront suite once. We loved it. We too decided to splurge and we thought it was worth it. We don't need to do the beachfront suite every time but it is nice to occasionally upgrade. We just paid the difference of what we had paid to what the current price of the suite was.

Great Question, I also have the same question. Are you doing a SR/
    MouLouHill

Default Upgrading upon arrival

A couple of years ago my husband and myself vacationed in the Punta Canta at a Dreams resort. When we arrived some time in the afternoon we were ushered to the crappiest room possible, the so called lush garden room main floor beside the laundry and ice machine and service road view. You wait all year for this vacation and yes you do have some expectations. I broke down in tears and my husband headed back to the front desk immediately requesting another room, first at the same price level, but was told none available. He then asked for upgrade and sure enough there are many option but yes it can cost you. A deal was made and we were upgraded to a jacussi suite but was not available until the next day. It was one of the best decisions we have made on that vacation because it sets the tone for the rest of your stay. We travel every winter to a hot destination and never book the basic room because when you book the higher levels it has been our experience that you will receive a complementary upgrade. This is usually because there are always many request from vacationers at the basic level to upgrade at a cost so they need to free up rooms at the next level. It is a lot easier to move a higher lever vacationer to an even higher level since most people book the basic room and the higher level rooms are seldom booked up. Bottom line is yes you can upgrade upon arrival at most resorts but it does come at a cost and deals can be made depending on the occupancy of the resort.

I have a question about the $500 resort credit for next year. We booked the GVS at CSA. I was hoping that we could use the $500 to upgrade when we get there.

Default resort credits

Anytime I have questions regarding rooms and rates I found it best to contact the resort itself. On the official website for Couples Resorts there is a section on the left hand side, just click on "contact us" then click onto the section that applies to your concerns.