Default Negril Dining Off the Resort

Does anyone have any suggestions of restaurants in Negril that are worth going to if we wanted to go to dinner one night off of the resort?

Three Dives is world famous for their jerk. Many TV shows have been done on the restaurant.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

My wife and I have been to Negril (at a variety of resorts) many times and our favorite off-resort dining places are Rockhouse and Xtabi. Both are excellent, especially if you go around sunset. Both will pick you up at your resort for free and then you pay to get back (agree on that price in advance). For quicker, cheaper meals or lunch we love 3 Dives, Alfreds, and Cosmos.
    Have fun!
    Roy

What kind of experience are you looking for?

We enjoyed Pushcart during a recent stay and were disappointed in Rockhouse for the first time in many years.

Hungry Lion is another great choice.

For casual seafood, Cosmo's is good and for a bit less casual Kuyaba - both are on the beach.

Pushcart or Rockhouse restaurant. Both are located on Rockhouse property. You can see gorgeous sunsets there.
    Lew

Pushcart is REALLY REALLY good (say hi to Romaine for me) and Rockhouse...the coconut snapper and coconut pie are to die for!
    Erika & Sean

Cosmo's, which is only a 5 min cab ride from CN, is a great beach restaurant with a nice menu of fresh seafood and Jamaican fare. We went there with a group of couples we met in Nov '07 and the food was awesome. Most of the group either had seafood or jerk, but I tried the curried goat, which is the national dish of Jamaica, and it was to die for. It is not super formal, but it is close, inexpensive, and a really good time. We arrive at CN the day before you do, so look us up. Also, we plan on walking up the beach one day for some fresh, cheap lobster at the infamous Office of Nature. Haven't done it before, but it sounds phenomenal. See ya soon!

-Dan & Carrie

Rockhouse Grill was great. Jerk Hut was my fav.

I've done lunch at best in the west for jerk chicken, very tasty, and 3 dives for jerk for dinner.

Both were cool, best in the west in more of a lunch, or quick meal place just a roadside jerk place, even smaller than 3 dives.

Also liked juicy beef for their patties.