Hybrid View

Default CSA rooms OVS or GVS

Hello!
    Im ready to book and now can't decide. Ocean Verandah Suite or Garden Verandah Suite. The price difference for the OVS is $217 for the week, is this worth it? We would like to be closer to the great house and not all the way in the back by the lobby. The ocean view is not that important, more the location but we also like the jungle feel though...any advice would help!

Also read something about soundproofing the GVS rooms, we are staying April 2011, anyone know if they will be done by then?

THANKS!

Not sure about the sound proofing. I had read that somewhere as well, but I am not sure of the scheduling.

As far as the rooms: The rooms themselves are identical, the only difference is location of the buildings. Keep in mind that all the rooms at CSA are very close to the beach, none more than a very short walk. You could throw a baseball to the beach from any room on the property pretty easy. If you like the "jungle feel" you will be happy with the GVS rooms. The noise from the road is an issue for some, but not everyone. We have stayed in the OVS rooms on our previous four trips to CSA and love them. (We are staying in an Atrium room for trip number 5 coming up in June. Change of pace ya' know)

I would say consider your budget as the determining factor. I am sure you will be happy with either room category as you really spend minimal time in your room and they would both be equal in appearance and comfort.

Have a great trip!

We're here now in a GVS. We've only ever stayed in BFVS before but none were available this trip. We would GLADLY pay the difference to be in a OVS. The road noise is terrible. And it's not just on the verandah, it's in the room. I hear it now. Thank GOd I brought earplugs. We'll NEVER stay in a GVS again. Definitely worth the money to us since we so enjoy our verandah time.

The soundproofing should be finished. We were told at the repeaters dinner in April all suites will have a mini bar and gvs suites are getting soundproofing.
    Erika & Sean

Go for the OVS. When you check in just ask for a building closer to the Greathouse. We liked being right in the middle of the resort. The OVS rooms right by the hot tub are awesome because they are centrally located and you can go to the hot tub anytime really easy. Have fun!

Thank you everyone! OVS it is, I will miss the real jungle feel like we had at CN in a garden room but location and no road noise is more important to us.

Pibblelover, thanks for your "live" imput it really helped, hope you can still enjoy your vacation in paradise! I've got 5 LONG months to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by lynzee View Post
    Thank you everyone! OVS it is, I will miss the real jungle feel like we had at CN in a garden room but location and no road noise is more important to us.

Pibblelover, thanks for your "live" imput it really helped, hope you can still enjoy your vacation in paradise! I've got 5 LONG months to wait.
    Yes, the vacation is divine!! And now we know what rooms we prefer.