Well, we're here on our Secret Rendezvous. Flights was thankfully unevenful and even arrived at MBJ 25 minutes early. Great way to start the trip. 30 minutes to clear immigration, baggage claim and customs. A hearty "Welcome Home, Mon!", 20 minutes and two Red Stripes at the Lounge and we were on the shuttle to Ocho Rios. Six of us on the shuttle... One couple for CSS and the rest of us for CTI. One hour and forty minutes later (including the stop at CSS and we had cool sparkling wine in our hands and a cool, scented towel on our smiling faces.

Check-in was quick and easy. We were assigned a Deluxe Garden Room (#3305) which has a view looking straight down the entrance lane in front of the resort. Very nice room. Loved the walk-in closet and cozy bed. The room is right by the elevator, stairs and sitting area on the thrid floor above the lobby. It made coming and going very convenient, but unfortunately, this also means that throughtout the night, we got to hear many people get off the elevator and spend 5 to 10 minutes saying goodnight to their friends. No one was being rude or intentionally loud, but they were essentially standing right outside our door. We did not get much sleep Saturday night.

Sunday morning, we asked the front desk if it would be possible to change rooms. The answer was, "Of course sir. Why wouldn't we? Our job is to make sure you are as comfortable as possible. If you are not comfortable then we are not comfortable." Don't you just love Jamaican hospitality? We were even upgraded to a Deluxe Ocean Room (#4110)! Fantastic! Thank you Anjullian. You gave me a terrific birthday present.

The weather, food and staff have all been warm and the drinks are cold. We have not seen much of the sun, but it is still paradise. The sea is a little rough and Tomas hurt the beach a little, but it is all still beautiful.

We headed to the beach at around 11:30. We stooped at the dry side of the swim-up bar to grab a quick drink. We started talking to some folks (now friends) from Chicago and never made it to the beach!!! Thanks for the laughs Andrew and Rachel. Unfortunately, they are leaving today.

At the last minute, we decided to join our new friends and go out on the catamaran cruise. Another couple had cancelled, so we took their spot. Fun time with lots of rum punch. Like I said, the sea was a little rough and one poor soul did get sea sick. All in all it was a great way to spend a couple of hours.

I had the honor of meeting Richie (aka Crabracer) and Sylvia last night at the main bar. They are a delightful couple with souls of gold. It was indeed my pleasure.

Well, I guess it's time to make the first difficult decision of the day. What in the world should we have for breakfast. Life is so tough at times.

I'll try to post again, but I can't make any promises.