Default Help with flight check-in

Hi,
    Due to Air Jamaica no longer flying direct from O'Hare, we are flying on US Airways and connecting in Charlotte before arriving in Montego Bay on December 15th.
    My question is: do we check-in at the international terminal (terminal 5 in O'Hare) or the domestic terminal (terminal 2 = US Airways)?
    Since our 1st flight isn't technically an international flight, and there will be other passengers on our flight whose final destion will be Charlotte or another US city, I thought we'd just go to the regular Terminal 2 to check-in. However, I e-mailed my travel agent and she said to check in at the international terminal.

Hoping someone here has done something similar at O'Hare.
    Thanks!

Great question as we are in the same boat, although we aren't leaving until April 2011. Have a great time.

I don't know about US Air, but when we fly American to Miami and then connect to MoBay we always leave from terminal 3. I would think that US Air would be the same.

Check Flightstats.com. I believe that all US Air flights to Charlotte go out of T-2.

Quote Originally Posted by Madtowntravels View Post
    Hi,
    Due to Air Jamaica no longer flying direct from O'Hare, we are flying on US Airways and connecting in Charlotte before arriving in Montego Bay on December 15th.
    My question is: do we check-in at the international terminal (terminal 5 in O'Hare) or the domestic terminal (terminal 2 = US Airways)?
    Since our 1st flight isn't technically an international flight, and there will be other passengers on our flight whose final destion will be Charlotte or another US city, I thought we'd just go to the regular Terminal 2 to check-in. However, I e-mailed my travel agent and she said to check in at the international terminal.

Hoping someone here has done something similar at O'Hare.
    Thanks!
    You are flying domestically the first flight, you will be the domestic terminal.

We flew Us Air out of ORD to Charlotte then to MBJ last year. It was T 2 in ORD but once we landed in Charlotte we had to change terminals. Had an hour between flights and made it to gate just as they started to board. Other then the quick sprint threw Charlotte air port everything was fine, and we were on the beach by 2pm. only 203 more day till we do it again.

You have to check in with US Air, but one of the reason you work with a travel agent is that they should be able to answer these types of questions, so I would follow their advice or call US Air directly.

When you arrive in Charlotte you will be going out of concourse D. Typically you will arrive in either concourse C or B.

We've flown out of ORD several times.

Terminal 5 is for "international" flights. This would be a DIRECT flight to MBJ with NO layover (transfer). Air Jamaica flew out of Term 5, as USA3000 does now.

If you have a flight with a layover (usually Charlotte, Miami or Atlanta when flying out of ORD), you'll check-in at Term 1, 2 or 3 as the 1st leg of your flight is considered "domestic".
    CTI - Nov 06, Mar 11, Feb 12
    CSS - Sep 07, Sep 11, Sep 14
    CNG - Sep 08, Feb 09, Sep 09, Nov 10, Sep 12
    CSA - Jun 13

Thanks for all the replies!