Default Maybe 1st time at the AN section

First, this is my first post, leaving for CSS in 11 days, we are so excited! Celebrating 20 years last July and good health in 2011 (Long story, not for here).

First time possible AN question. I can’t say that my wife and I have ever hung out in the nude, let alone with a bunch of others. We were casually talking about the trip and I mentioned it, she didn’t say yes, didn’t say no. I know we’ll be a bit uncomfortable, however, like I told her, “There’s no one in the world that I’d rather be uncomfortable with than you.” (It actually came across better then it reads). So here are my questions:

1) I’ve heard that first timers should go early? How early is early? Can we walk down to the beach, get settled and then take our clothes off? What about when we leave, is there a dressing area or can we get dressed and walk out? We wouldn’t want to offend anyone.

2) So they say gaukers are not welcome, which I can understand, but how do you not glance around? I mean everyone likes to people watch, by nature you check people out, right? How do you not glance? Does everyone just ware dark sunglasses?

3) All I read is that you try it and you’ll know, is there anyone out there that didn’t like it? And if so, why?

4) We are going with another couple, my wife’s good friend, and I guess she mentioned it to her, her response was “No Way”. Of course they have never been to Jamaica, so that might change, however, I think that would be weird? Funny, I’m willing to go buff around people I don’t know, but friends it seems weird?

Maybe we’ll try it, maybe not, one thing for sure we’ll have a great time! Thanks
    Last edited by RastaRich; November 17th, 2010 at 08:40 PM.

RastaRich - You will absolutely love CSS and Sunset Beach. Send us an e-mail to pellis4@cogeco.ca, and we'll answer your questions, send you lots more info about CSS and SSB, as well as pictures from our 2 trips to CSS.
    (Karen&Paul)

Default Realx

Hey Rasatrich,

Bev. and I have been to the CN resort on the AN beach 2 previous trips. the first time you go AN it is a little wierd for sure, trying NOT to look at the wrong places while chatting with other nudies. Not sure if I would be to comfortable being nude with friends, but what the hell. At CN you could have clothes on until you got to your lounge chair then strip and keep it that way for the day. This will be our first time at CSS and will be at the AN quite a bit. We are arriving on Nov. 25th till Dec. 4th. maybe we will see you there (with your clothes on).

Art and Bev.

Try it. Going early means after you get up, get some food, coffee or what ever... then put a bag together of your towel, sunscreen, book, hat, sunglasses, and whatever you normally take to the beach and walk over to the AN area. We walk over to the pool, grab a couple of chairs toss our stuff on them and then take our swim suits off and slide into the pool. Say hi to whoever is in the poll and slide over to order a drink. If you act like you haven't a care in the world and you have done this 1,000 times, it will feel like you haven't a care in the workd and you have done this a 1,000 times.

When you talk to people, look them in the eye and be respectful. When you are sitting around, sure people look at each other but you will be amazed that after a little while, you will forget everyone is neked and all your cares will melt away and you will be having the time of your life.

If on the other hand you are unable to relax and let the vibe take you over, then simply slip your clothes back on and leave the AN area. No harm no foul.

There really is not designated area to take off or put on your clothes. Just do it were you happen to be...

Go and have fun. Don't worry about your friends. The only sad part is once you go and find out how much fun it is, you will not see much of your friends during the day.... Their loss not yours! ;-)

Rich - here's the deal. You stroll over to SSB. Find an area where you are comfortable - some by the pool, others to the right, away from everyone. You claim some chairs, set your stuff down, get settled. Take off your bathing suit or whatever you may be wearing. Lie down in the sun and enjoy. When you've had enough, you simply put your clothes on and leave.

There may be other people within viewing distance - you will notice them, they will notice you. Then you will move on. And they will move on. Its kinda like you see but don't look if that makes any sense. You'll understand when you go.

So no, while there is a bathroom you can change in, it makes more sense to take the above approach. You can feel free to wear sunglasses as it is bright. Here's what gawking is - someone is walking by and your head follows them for more than it should. To the point your wife wants to smack you. Try to avoid that - it may be hard for the first couple of minutes as its a new experience, but it doesn't take too long to completely forget you're with naked people.

Its kinda hard not to like this experience, but I'm sure plenty haven't. Insecurity isn't very fun for most people. So just remember, unless your friends join you, you aren't likely to see anyone at SSB again. And they really don't care what you or your wife look like. I can't opine as to having friends going with you - its hard for me to imagine sharing that special place with anyone other than my wife. But if your secure in your relationships and have a healthy self esteem, the more the merrier.

Most of the advice regarding going early refers to going the first or second day you are there. Many have gone towards the end of their visit and regretted waiting so long.

And if you don't like it, now you know you don't like it. Nothing really lost.

Enjoy!

Congrats!

I agree to go early in both the day and your vacation.

The beach usually gets busy around 8:30-9:00am. You simple head over to the beach. Find your chairs, get yourself set-up and then strip right at your chairs. When you are ready to leave you dress right at your chairs. It really is wonderful!

People do look around, but there isn't any gawking where people are down right staring. It's natural to be curious, but don't stare! If you have some ink, that will more than likely get brought up in conversation.

We've never gone with friends although we have talked about it with a couple that we know. I think it would depend on the friends if it bothered me or not. We've always met people at the resort and then hung out with them and continued the friendship here in the States. We've then headed back to the resort with them and it hasn't been weird.

You are going to have a fabulous time. Couples is the best!
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

My girlfriend and I recently got back from CSS. I was very much wanting to try SSB, she was somewhat hesitant but did not say no. We went on our second day there and we never went back to the main beach. It was the highlight of our trip. Let me try to answer your questions:

1. Try to go to SSB the first day, but definitely no later than day two. You walk in clothed, find where you want to sit, arrange your towel and then disrobe. It actually feels totally natural! When you are ready to leave for the day, put your clothes on wherever you have been hanging out for the day and then walk out dressed.

2. I saw no obvious gawkers but many people do look around, mostly discreetly. It is human nature to want to look at other people, no big deal at all. It is even more fun to look at other people when they are naked!

3. We loved it, can't help you with this one.

4. No problem, mon. It is her holiday too so no pressure. It is all good.

SSB made our trip very special. I urge you to go early and check it out for yourself. It is quiet and laid back on the beach, much livelier at the pool!

Quote Originally Posted by RastaRich View Post
    First, this is my first post, leaving for CSS in 11 days, we are so excited! Celebrating 20 years last July and good health in 2011 (Long story, not for here).

First time possible AN question. I can’t say that my wife and I have ever hung out in the nude, let alone with a bunch of others. We were casually talking about the trip and I mentioned it, she didn’t say yes, didn’t say no. I know we’ll be a bit uncomfortable, however, like I told her, “There’s no one in the world that I’d rather be uncomfortable with than you.” (It actually came across better then it reads). So here are my questions:

1) I’ve heard that first timers should go early? How early is early? Can we walk down to the beach, get settled and then take our clothes off? What about when we leave, is there a dressing area or can we get dressed and walk out? We wouldn’t want to offend anyone. I would go a 9 or 9:30 am. Not much of a beach to walk on at CSS, but you can. When you enter, find a seat, layout you towel, sit and then get undressed. If you go to the right, away from the pool, you will be alone until you are relaxed. When you are ready yo go, you get dressed at your chair and leave.

2) So they say gaukers are not welcome, which I can understand, but how do you not glance around? I mean everyone likes to people watch, by nature you check people out, right? How do you not glance? Does everyone just ware dark sunglasses?
    It is OK to look at others, staring is not OK. Yes we all look around. Dark sunglasses will give you tan lines.

A gauker is someone that is dressed checking out nude people. If you are nude, you are not a gauker.

3) All I read is that you try it and you’ll know, is there anyone out there that didn’t like it? And if so, why?
    We like it, so I can not answer

4) We are going with another couple, my wife’s good friend, and I guess she mentioned it to her, her response was “No Way”. Of course they have never been to Jamaica, so that might change, however, I think that would be weird? Funny, I’m willing to go buff around people I don’t know, but friends it seems weird?
    This is the same for everyone I think with dressed friends, but if you meet undressed it is different.

Maybe we’ll try it, maybe not, one thing for sure we’ll have a great time! Thanks
    Try it, you may like it, but try it early because you mostly likly really enjoy the sun hitting all your parts and no wet suits.
    Irie Mon

1) Go day 1 or you will constantly wish you did. Get settled and then get undressed.
    2)Everyone will glance, nobody ever gauks (atleast that we noticed and my wife is fairly young and attractive)
    3) We've never met anyone that didn't love it
    4) Tough call but we feel the same way about friends. We went without our friends and then they all wished they came along after they heard how great it was.

Hope this helps!

Hi Rasta Rich,

Go direct to the Au Natural section of this website and read the thread 'feedback after your vacation' and the many others that provide all manner of answers to your question.

Once you go...you'll know.

We just got back from San Souci and spent most of our time at SSB. It is a great beach and highly protected (naturally as well as with security) from gawkers and hawkers). You will love it and it will change your holidays for ever.

Lastly, my wife and I chose to forego the party pool (we did visit for dips etc) and stay on the beach areas. Even when it was overcast, it was still lovely to lie naked with each other in the open air. It is definitely not a sexual experience and you will not embarrass yourself but there is a frissance of sexuality with your own loved one. As some other poster mentioned..it is a bit like a five or six hour foreplay. It is enervating, enriching and great for the physical re-acquaintance of you both.

Go for it and don't look back. You can be many yards from anyone and choose to get involved or not. Your choice. Sans Souci is, I am told, by far the best couple resort for AN, newbie or not.

have a great time.

1) You walk over there CLOTHED and once you pick a spot either by the pool or on the beach, that's when you take your clothes off. It's not a race and there's no invisible shock fence that once you cross it, you have to be naked.

The nice thing about SSB is that it's so large that you could show up later and just go to the beach to be away from any crowds by the pool bar so no need to go early or late. However, my advice is go early and go often...it's great!

2) By "no gawkers" they mean that there's not clothed people strolling through the area for free peeks. Of course everyone looks, whether you've got glasses on or not...just don't stare

3) I've never seen anyone try it and not like it...I've recommended it to many of my friends back home, some can't believe I did it but I can't wait to do it again!

4) I don't know if we could do it with friends from home but we've kept in touch with many of our "naked" friends from Jamaica and try to arrange repeat trips back with the crew. Quite honestly, I think it would be fine to go with friends because once you're there, everyone is the same which is the best part of going AN.

HAVE FUN!!!

Answer to your questions:
    We just came back from CSS SSB had a great 7 days and it was our first time AN also. We met so many nice and fun people at SSB. We arrived at resort later in day so pretty much got organized and had a few drinks then headed to SSB to get lay of land after 6PM. Met the bar staff and got acquainted with layout. Next morn after b'fast and a few more morning drinks headed to beach, we decided to head to pool to get the nervousness over. You can walk to where you feel comfortable even get setup with chairs cushions etc... then take off clothes. After a short while we needed drinks so we walked together to bar and never shy away again. It was a little uncomfortable getting a plate at lunch with everyone inline for first time. We met some nice people from CTI on trading day and talked with them most of the day. When it was time to dress for the textiles coming over for sunset it is simply put the clothes on where you are or at showers if sandy.

Gawkers are usually the people coming over after 5PM to see the sunset and interested in seeing nudity. After 1st day we met a great group and would stay around naked as they came and went (very fun).

It is very natural to look at other people but staring at them as they walk past or standing at bar is not comfortable. You will understand as you get there.

We didn't go with friends but met people we have communicated through this MB and hopefully have become friends for life if only meet on occassion. We had dinners etc... with them all week. The best advice is no undies all week and dress lightly going to beach less to keep track of and less sand where it's not wanted.

Enjoy best time we have had since our honeymoon 10 years ago.

Pat and Connie

All I can tell youis the moreoften we go AN themore we loveitand now it's become part of a normal JA vacation.

Start out early and you can see how it unfolds during the day. The CSS beaches big enough that you can find a spot isolated away Nobody will care that you are nude- they are nude too.

You can dress and undress by your chair but you wil have to be nude to go get drinks course the bathroom but while everybody looks nobody seems to gawkand it's not a big deal

We went with our best man and his wife after not having seen them for 20 years and had a blast. Please don't miss the opportunity because once you go you will know...

Several nights we didn't even get dressed when the beach opened for sunset viewing by the textile people.
    ... it keepsh me shane

Default Thanks!

Thanks everyone for your replies! Just a few more days and we’ll see.

RastaRich

I started the 'feedback after your vacation' in this section some time back and there have been some good responses, all of which will be helpful to you. The only problem you will have, if your friends don't want to do the AN thing with you both (and I must say that I probably wouldn't either), is that if you try it and like it you may end up not spending days with your friends. AN is simply great and you needn't have any doubts that you will be comfortable with your own nudity in public. as mentioned before, everyone else will be naked and there are more body shapes than you can imagine. My wife is stunning for her age and has what I would call the perfect figure. I, most certainly, don't and most people on SSB don't either. No-one is there to check out everyone's bits and spend the day letching but what my wife called 'sneaky peeks' are inevitable, by everyone. As has been noted above, just don't stare.

Lastly, once you have had your holiday it would be great if you could revisit this section of the message board and let us know if you did or didn't, if you did how it went, if your friends did, if you didn't what made you decide not to. This was the purpose of the thread but, as you can see, there are no negative comments at all. Take this as your comfort, try it out and if you like it and your friends don't, book to go back just with your wife! Good luck and there's no need to wish you a good holiday as you are off CSS and it is therefore a 'given'.

JohnnieM